New Android Reader App Icon/Name Suggestion Thread!

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: New Android Reader App Icon/Name Suggestion Thread!

Post by Aska »

I saw "BakaReader X" yesterday but not "BakaReader EX".
I know what does X mean for the first one but what about EX ?
Searching for
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

You'd have to ask the ones who submitted those, but i guess they are just different types of "Extra".
In theory, practice and theory are the same.
but, practically, they arent.
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

The pool is officially closed. Check main post for results.

Just a heads up. Putting the app in the google play store may take till january third.

Happy Holidays!
Ryuno
Author

Post by Ryuno »

Got the app from the Google Play store, it's working fine: great job!

Also, could you please add The Longing of Shiina Ryo to it? It's in a different category so it doesn't show on the app...
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

Ryuno wrote:Got the app from the Google Play store, it's working fine: great job!

Also, could you please add The Longing of Shiina Ryo to it? It's in a different category so it doesn't show on the app...
You can do it yourself by following these steps:
Open the app, from the main menu go to "Light Novels"
Click the menu button and select "Manual Add"
Insert the following text on the Page field, Case Sensitive, without quotes: "The_Longing_Of_Shiina_Ryo"
On the "Novel Title" field, insert the title YOU want it to have on your list, can be anything.
click OK.
IF your app crashes, thats ok (thats not ok, but it will work, im fixing this crash)
Just reopen the app and go to your Novels List, and look for your new novel =)

PS: sorry for taking so long to answer this. Any more problesm, please post them here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5389&start=435

PSS: Just tested it. added to my list and downloaded a chapter, everything fine =)
(i even got the crash =P)

PSSS: i intend to add an "orignal light novels" section on the app.
Unknownadd
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unknownadd »

Would it be possible to dial back the sensitivity of update notifications? In the old app I would get notifications when major updates were made so I could tell when new parts were added to things on my watch list. With the new app you get a notification when any change to the current state is noted during an update sweep. While I'll still get notified of new pages, you also get spammed every time an old page is 'changed' such as when a space is added or punctuation is fixed.

I used to have the update sweep set to every 24 hours, but I ran into the problem where after the sweep my battery would die or my phone would crash because I suddenly would receive 100+ notifications that someone changed the spacing of every chapter of Index, Highschool DxD, and Campione. I've since changed that to every hour which causes some problems for my battery, but at least I only get 50+ notifications when someone changes or undoes the Index chapter modifications again.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Unknownadd wrote:Would it be possible to dial back the sensitivity of update notifications? In the old app I would get notifications when major updates were made so I could tell when new parts were added to things on my watch list. With the new app you get a notification when any change to the current state is noted during an update sweep. While I'll still get notified of new pages, you also get spammed every time an old page is 'changed' such as when a space is added or punctuation is fixed.

I used to have the update sweep set to every 24 hours, but I ran into the problem where after the sweep my battery would die or my phone would crash because I suddenly would receive 100+ notifications that someone changed the spacing of every chapter of Index, Highschool DxD, and Campione. I've since changed that to every hour which causes some problems for my battery, but at least I only get 50+ notifications when someone changes or undoes the Index chapter modifications again.
The latest debug version have the option to consolidate it into single notification, which will start an activity with the list of updates. It will be released soon after it stabilize (currently being tested).
Visit my blog for other applications.
Unknownadd
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unknownadd »

Okay, so the new build for the reader went live yesterday and after playing around with it I really like the updates page. It is much easier to read the individual updates and tell where they are occurring because there is no character limit like with the notification bar. However, I'm afraid I'll have to repeat my last request. Is there anyway to tweak the sensitivity of update notifications or filter them before hitting the update page? On the plus side, this new build is showing a single notification instead of 137. On the down side, now that single notification is always happy to tell me that "There are 346 new chapters!" with the first line of the update page being the creating of a chapter page on my watch list 11 months ago. I've cleared all the notifications on that page twice, but each time the next update runs I get notified of the 346 new chapters. Though oddly enough this is happening more often on my tablet while my Galaxy Nexus phone has properly shown 1-2 new pages before rolling back and showing all old updates as well.
Unknownadd
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unknownadd »

Ugh...I take it back. I cleared the update page again and just got a notification of 1140+ new pages with the oldest update spanning back 4 years to both my tablet and phone. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than before.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Unknownadd wrote:Ugh...I take it back. I cleared the update page again and just got a notification of 1140+ new pages with the oldest update spanning back 4 years to both my tablet and phone. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than before.
Try to re-download/refresh the novel, if still doesn't work, try to clear the db (you can backup the old db from settings).
Marcusblade
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marcusblade »

A new icon would be nice. But a slightly more important issue. That is several of the books are not showing up on the app. Also some are on the app but not showing the chapters that are online.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Marcusblade wrote:A new icon would be nice.

New Icon => Can some make one?
Marcusblade wrote:But a slightly more important issue. That is several of the books are not showing up on the app. Also some are on the app but not showing the chapters that are online.
Can you list the missing book/chapter? Please note that we only parse the English one (the one in the sidebar).
Also, try to tick the Show Missing/Show External in the Settings -> General Preferences.
Excr
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Excr »

Dai Densetsu No Yuusha no Densetsu won't load. Someone fix it.
How far can I struggle when everything I believe for is denied?

Conscience and grace, to the profoundest pit! I dare damnation: to this point I stand, that both worlds I give to negligence, let come what comes; only I'll be revenged most thoroughly..
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Excr wrote:Dai Densetsu No Yuusha no Densetsu won't load. Someone fix it.
Give us the adb log & screenshot file, it is loading in my tablet.
jeof96
Kyonist

Post by jeof96 »

Hmm..

Nandaka, how do I backup the Image Files?

Return to “Developers and Code”