BlackBerry PlayBook App

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

BlackBerry PlayBook App

Post by Haxton Fale »

Hello!
My name is Haxton and I'm a CompSci student. I managed to register for Marmalade PlayBook offer, which gives me the opportunity to develop an app for said device with Marmalade SDK for free.
I have been using Baka-Reader on my Android device for a while now. While it certainly is one of the most comfortable readers, the screen is quite small, so I wanted to move on to my PlayBook, but sadly I didn't find any BlackBerry (or at least PlayBook) versions of Baka-Reader.
Some of your PDFs are not exactly the best in terms of formatting, not to mention availability for even completed volumes. PlayBook's Adobe Reader could also use at least several improvements, which would make reading e-books in PDF format much easier. The best way to read your translations seems to be to open browser window, navigate to chapter/volume of choice and open it in Reader mode. But what if I don't have any Wi-Fi coverage or would like to use the browser while reading? It's simply impossible.
Hence I would like to develop Baka-Reader for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, similar in functionality to current (or future) Baka-Reader, while taking advantages of being on such device, with your consent and cooperation.

Best regards,
Haxton
dalek
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live :)
...but since it's down, I'm in limbo...
so it's going to be ZnT if it's still up.

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook App

Post by dalek »

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (walks away with Konata)
Spoiler! :
RoR account:s04
XDA account:i747m
BT username:dalek
Open the spoiler, it is the box...
Spoiler! :
Watch it all and you are a box god.
...open the box, my friend...

Return to “Developers and Code”