ePUB Generator

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ePUB Generator

Post by carj »

breaking the rules here but mindless random post just so it shows on my "View your posts" list =D!

oh wait i can say 'Thanks'

Thanks Simon =D!
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Really nice !!! :shock:
This idea is a very good one!

Thanks you so much Simon for bringing us such a useful homepage ^^
:o

PS : are you planning on adding the alternative-language project to your list??
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

That... was a topi that I tried to avoid at all cost...

Short: No

Truth: It's possible, but for that I would have to edit the database + there are questions about the encoding and more minor stuff...

So it's a pain and I'm lazy. At the moment there is another project starting but it'll take time to finish it...
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Okay. ^^

Well I understand, I used to program a little bit and if you have to implement something new, then it's always a burden to do it, because you never know how much time it will take at the end.

But about the database problem : I guess you take the url of the project's pages to find the books, and fyi every language has a different url from the original one, it's not just a question of wiki option or so. They are really wiki pages on their own.

Anyway, keep working on your new project and try to include the french, so I will be able to share all of the PDF links, etc. we have in the different french projects :lol:

;)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

I did say it's a pain to edit the DB. But I didn't say that the script needs the db for these things. The script can be used even without the db... but you won't get any images and I don't know how it'll work with other languages(I mean the ePUB).
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Shiranui
Astral Realm

Post by Shiranui »

Hey Simon, have you taken a look at the cover images I mentioned a few posts back? I want to know if it's definitely something on my end or not...
Lery

Post by Lery »

Simon wrote:The script can be used even without the db... but you won't get any images and I don't know how it'll work with other languages(I mean the ePUB).
Mhhhh, interesting.
Is your script opensource or creative common?
Because it may be worse giving it a try, if I'm able to use it, I don't care about images at the moment. :wink:
But it's true that there may be the issue of the encoding. "éàèç" aren't present in the english language :idea:

@Shiranui : did you try opening them with your computer ??? (you may use this Mozilla Firefox's extension to read them : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... pubreader/)
You should then be able to tell if the covers are the same or not...

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

The images. I looked into it.
All of the covers look ok, except one it's just a bit darker.
Maybe something gone wrong while I've done it.

I think I'm redo them today or tomorrow(if I'm tired like the view past days).

I've written it with nothing in my mind, so it's os. As well there should be added and option to encode the content of ncx, because it doesn't really like things beyond ascii.

Also it creates epub 2.0.1 and not 3.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Simon wrote:I've written it with nothing in my mind, so it's os. As well there should be added and option to encode the content of ncx, because it doesn't really like things beyond ascii.

Also it creates epub 2.0.1 and not 3.
So you don't mind sharing it?
Is that PHP or Javascript? (anyway, either way should be okay if it's just to use it with the french project URL ^^')

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Shiranui
Astral Realm

Post by Shiranui »

@Lery: Thanks for that extension, it's really handy. Thanks to that, I've found that the cover images for Zero no Tsukaima are showing up... My Kobo is just wonking out when it comes to those two for some reason...

The one for Highschool DxD 12.5 though is still not showing up for both my computer and kobo though...
Lery

Post by Lery »

Glad it helped you, Shiranui ^^ I'm using it to check my epub files.
Maybe the kobo needs some re-sizing of the images to display them? :o

Does your script re-size the image according to the device's choice, Simon?

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

There you go: use this

The title you will find in the wiki url that comes at the end after &title=

Re-uploaded Covers... as I said before... I don't have any problems with the ones you told me...
Lery

Post by Lery »

About the cover : he doesn't have problem on his computer, only on his Kobo... So I guess it's not your epub but his reader who has a bug. :wink:

Nice ! Your link is doing miracles ^^ It works like a charm.
Thank you again. It's way easier that what I had anticipated. I though I would have to use the php script and manually give it the arguments :roll: This way is way faster.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

And then you probably wouldn't have tidy and would have to install it and then you'd need an extra file and then I forgot to say... there might... no I think there will be errors.

If it's so, let it run through Sigil and it should remove the errors but I can't guarantee that it will work without errors... as it was only written with a thought to make english versions... so don't expect much.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Well, I have tidy php if it's what you mean ;)
But I guess I would just have uploaded it to some of my sites and try to run it... Since I know it works on yours and I may not have everything a server has. :?

But it's not needed anymore, I don't need anything else that that link you gave upper.
If you created it extra for me, I beg your pardon to burden you like that!
But it's working pretty good, so thanks you so much. :wink:

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “Developers and Code”