ePUB Generator

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Re: ePUB Generator

Post by R~S »

IHaveNoName wrote:It seems the link to Rokujouma no Shinryakusha! Volume 13 has changed, resulting to a invalid/corrupt file.
(http://ln.m-chan.org/v3/book.php?BID=786)
That was fixed.

On another note and due to the server move, there's now a problem with the placement of the images by the generator... (Simon told me it's bound to fix itself in a week or so)

*edit* for bigger text
Last edited by R~S on Tue May 31, 2016 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
marcoeescobar
Astral Realm

Post by marcoeescobar »

Hi guys!!

Could it be the epub generator is half broken? Today, all Epubs I have downloaded suffered from the same issue. The images will only appear in the beginning of the file. At the time the image is suppose to appear it wont show the image but just a line of text. For example for Leviathan of the Covenant Volume 1 It says

Leviathan 01 035.jpg

This has happened with every series downloaded today. My High School DxD Epub Files up to 18 (that I downloaded months ago) are fine, but the two downloaded today are suffering from this same bug.

I have no idea where else to inform this so

PS: A few post behind this problem was already mentioned.
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

I have a UI question/suggestion. Would it be possible to have the LN volumes as actual hyperlinks so I can just open a whole bunch of them in new tabs so I can generate multiple volumes faster? Or at least could there be a batch-generate option where I select which volumes I want to get?

And thanks for the good work! Proper ebook formats look much better on a kindle than PDFs!
R~S
Project Editor

Post by R~S »

marcoeescobar wrote:Could it be the epub generator is half broken? Today, all Epubs I have downloaded suffered from the same issue. The images will only appear in the beginning of the file. [...]
Yes, ongoing problem.
Haxton Fale wrote:I have a UI question/suggestion. Would it be possible to have the LN volumes as actual hyperlinks so I can just open a whole bunch of them in new tabs so I can generate multiple volumes faster? Or at least could there be a batch-generate option where I select which volumes I want to get?
Do you mean like this?
Spoiler! :
If yes, then just use noscript, disable that domain and you'll get that result.
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

I'll do that, though I would rather not have to install an extra extension just for this purpose...
dteviot
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dteviot »

marcoeescobar wrote:Hi guys!!

Could it be the epub generator is half broken? Today, all Epubs I have downloaded suffered from the same issue. The images will only appear in the beginning of the file. At the time the image is suppose to appear it wont show the image but just a line of text. For example for Leviathan of the Covenant Volume 1 It says

Leviathan 01 035.jpg

This has happened with every series downloaded today. My High School DxD Epub Files up to 18 (that I downloaded months ago) are fine, but the two downloaded today are suffering from this same bug.
You might like to give the the Chrome Extension EPUB Generator a try. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cnibaigelm
I'm reasonably sure it doesn't have this problem.

Disclaimer:
I'm the developer of it, so if there's problems please let me know. Either email me at [email protected], or post to forum https://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic ... 84&t=16114.
(If you like it, or can suggest improvements, I'd also like to know.)

Cheers.
JackieChan
Astral Realm

Post by JackieChan »

Hi!
does anyone know if epub generator has been fixed? what i mean is that with the images issuses
R~S
Project Editor

Post by R~S »

JackieChan wrote:Hi!
does anyone know if epub generator has been fixed? what i mean is that with the images issuses
No, it's still ongoing. Lery (replacing Simon as the new BT server admin) will tell us when fixed.
Aetherlion
Astral Realm

Post by Aetherlion »

Blood Sign's epub is missing one of its color illustrations.

Specifically, this one:

Code: Select all

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/8/84/BloodSign_v01_003.jpg
Any updates on the image situation?
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Seems it's still an ongoing issue. Are the images supposed to be placed in a location similar to that of the wiki?
R~S wrote:
JackieChan wrote:Hi!
No, it's still ongoing. Lery (replacing Simon as the new BT server admin) will tell us when fixed.
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
R~S
Project Editor

Post by R~S »

Aetherlion wrote:Blood Sign's epub is missing one of its color illustrations.
Added, thanks.
Lunar Vitae wrote:Seems it's still an ongoing issue. Are the images supposed to be placed in a location similar to that of the wiki?
Yeah, the generator places them as they are in the chapters on the wiki. The only ones are supposed to be at the start, are those that aren't assigned to any chapter but are on the illustration's page. This issue appeared after the server move and needs to be troubleshooted by Lery.

Those that use the chrome browser can try using the Standalone ePUB Generator chrome extension in the meantime.

*edit* The generator is now permanently offline. RIP BTE-GEN
Dragoonity
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dragoonity »

R~S wrote:
*edit* The generator is now permanently offline. RIP BTE-GEN
I know you said the generator is now permanently offline(quote the tears), but will there be plans to bring it back online again in the future?
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Actually, I'm a little sad to see this development. When I tested the generator to reply to a previous post, I found that the novel read in a more dramatic and engaging manner than reading directly from the wiki. A classic "build suspense, turn page, read climax" episode.

Maybe it was just the act of "turning" a page.
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
HoennSquall
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by HoennSquall »

damn, I haven't checked this thread out for a while since I last posted. So, will the gen be revived with an updated version sometime? also, reading throughout the posts, there seemed to be an issue with the gen. Can anyone tell me which novels were affected? Cause I've just been stockpiling my novels like crazy without reading them atm

also, tried out the epub gen extension. I have a question, would it be possible to remove the images that are duplicated at the beginning? e.g. Ultimate Antihero v1 page 35 image shows up where it should be, but there's also a duplicate at the beginning
R~S
Project Editor

Post by R~S »

Dragoonity wrote:I know you said the generator is now permanently offline(quote the tears), but will there be plans to bring it back online again in the future?
I guess that will depend on someone putting their own generator up...
HoennSquall wrote:damn, I haven't checked this thread out for a while since I last posted. So, will the gen be revived with an updated version sometime? also, reading throughout the posts, there seemed to be an issue with the gen. Can anyone tell me which novels were affected? Cause I've just been stockpiling my novels like crazy without reading them atm

also, tried out the epub gen extension. I have a question, would it be possible to remove the images that are duplicated at the beginning? e.g. Ultimate Antihero v1 page 35 image shows up where it should be, but there's also a duplicate at the beginning
It affected all generated novels after the server move, due to some change in the BT server.

As for the extension, you should try talking with the dev, he's pretty responsive.

Return to “Developers and Code”