BTlib - Testing the water

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

draringi
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: BTlib - Testing the water

Post by draringi »

KuroiHikari wrote:Something nice to have would be some sort of parent-child associations: Pages of a novel would be under the main page of the novel, and etc(chps under vols). This would allow following of the "main page" and being notified of everything associated to it.
That's the fundamental idea of the new platform.
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by kuroneko »

Code a small list of basic features first and when done you can then add more features.

Tinymce have auto-save function, it has even a plugin that prevents the page from refreshing as to avoid loss of edit.

Also, in case you are done with the project, don't forget to choose between WWW or non-WWW. I added this because I saw your site have both domain which I assume is also the case with the project.

A project like yours might benefit the open-source community but not BT which has already a good, stable and reliable platform. Wiki was made to contain rich content. This is what I think.
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

It IS reliable. But the thing is, if you want to extend it with something like BR-EX it becomes a bit painfull as it's not the same everywhere. I mean the front pages, they are not the same.
Also it lacks the proper api and function to automate many things. And you might know that there were a view losses in the TL section due to the lack of controll on the projects.

^that is my opinion

Also, if there is an platform that is written with the though of B-T in background. It becomes easier to extend the functions.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by kuroneko »

Fair enough, it will be nice if Baka-Tsuki host the BTlib to it's own server.
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com
StrongestBladeDancer
Astral Realm

Post by StrongestBladeDancer »

This may just be me, but the navigation bar pisses me off.
When I'm reading there's an an entire section dedicated to something I'm not going to look at.
Can you avoid left side navigation if possible? or make a fullscreen mode for the content?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

StrongestBladeDancer wrote:This may just be me, but the navigation bar pisses me off.
When I'm reading there's an an entire section dedicated to something I'm not going to look at.
Can you avoid left side navigation if possible? or make a fullscreen mode for the content?
You can edit your Vector.CSS on the mediawiki page to auto-hide the navigation bar or remove it altogether.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Alternatively, you could open the print view (use toolbox), although that will remove the page margin and change the font type.

[edit]
Example stylesheet:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... vector.css
Ahze85283
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ahze85283 »

Try looking in to a partial implementation exsiting project Like http://incubator.apache.org/wave/
it use to be Google Wave so for the communication side of things it would be LIVE

and just build off of it to what you need ... leave MediaWiki as the Public face until your satisfied /w the new one
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Would be nice to have some kind of commenting system where you can highlight some text and place a comment. Kind of what google docs has or MS word.

It's really helpful for editors who want to mark off a phrase of text that isn't clear, etc.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Developers and Code”