Questions on Machine Translation Guidelines

Dedicated forum for machine translators and new translators unconfident of their language ability.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

John34404
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Questions on Machine Translation Guidelines

Post by John34404 »

So Void Translations is MTL, however from what I understand they fulfill the #3 requirement, In cases where machine translation has been thoroughly checked and revised by someone with a solid understanding of source language, it may be granted approval by administration to be added to the wiki.

I am wondering what the ruling of All Void Translations projects will be.
I am John34404.
John34404
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Re: Void Translations Ruling

Post by John34404 »

Never mind, I quit.
I am John34404.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Void Translations Ruling

Post by Cthaeh »

For future reference to other users:

The applicable parts of the current rules here are the following. The first part being that administration doesn't have time to investigate, review, and approve every external link to MTL, and therefore external links to MTL are not eligible regardless of whether they have a proofreader. And also in general, proofread MTL "may be" granted approval; there is no guarantee of approval. In the case of void, the first part is all that matters but the second part is also an important point in general.

[quote=""Machine Translation Guidelines""]2. ....
*At the moment, external links to MTL are not eligible for approval and therefore may not be added.

3. In cases where machine translation has been thoroughly checked and revised by someone with a solid understanding of source language, it may be granted approval by administration to be added to the wiki.[/quote]

And just repeating some of the information regarding the informal grandfathering laid out in the announcement. Current MTL text on the wiki may be removed, but is more likely be grandfathered. However current external links to MTL will likely be removed. In the case of MTL new text, it should be posted in this forum by the translator and go through approval if requested. In the case of new links to MTL, they are not eligible to be added to the wiki.

Return to “Machine Translation Sandbox”