Administrative Requests Consolidation

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
wildk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Adminstrative Requests Consolidation

Post by wildk »

Dear Oni,

I wish for nothing but all the people in the world including you and everyone on Baka-tsuki to have a great year, or whatever's left of it. 8)

Yours,
Random dude.
You are who you see you are.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Hey guys, I can fulfill most of your (forum only) requests, but I'll need more details if you want them done. Excuse me in advance if my post sounds a bit rude or terse. I'm kind of rushing right now lol.
larethian wrote: 1. Merge Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi into Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu subforum and rename it to "Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" [from larethian]
Reason: relevance
Where are the Itsuka Tenma threads at? I did a quick search for "Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" and only your post showed up. Provide links and titles with forum locations, and I'll merge the threads.
larethian wrote: 2. Split Hidan no Aria from its subforum into its standalone subforum, then merge Accel World into Sword Art Online subforum [from larethian, with approval from project staff]
For Hidan no Aria splitting: I'll do that later.

For Accel World: Same as before, but with a lot more results that I don't want to parse through. Links with title and location will help immensely.
larethian wrote:3. Update subforum thumbnails [from staff of respective projects]
Which subforum and thumbnail?
larethian wrote:4. Create Campione subforum [from Kadi]
Reason: Supervisor request
Already done before this reply.
larethian wrote:5. Upgrade Oda Nobuna no Yabou to full project [from staff of project]
Reason: Project requirements met, active TL available, verified by larethian
What do you mean? More details would be helpful.
Kira0802 wrote: -Give Campione a sub-forum.
Already done ^^
Kira0802 wrote:-Promote/Approve people (pudding321, Lan013, Simon, etc.)
More details please. Are they translators?
Kira0802 wrote:-Approve the projects.
Which projects? Is this wiki side, or do they need their own subforum?
Kira0802 wrote:-Move Haruka with PuiPui and the rest.
Are you suggesting to move it to the Auxiliary Brigades subforum? If so, why?
Kira0802 wrote:And I wonder if we should give more rights to the Tsukaima Region.
Why? Is there any problems with rights in there?
zzhk wrote:Thumbnail for Campione subforum:
I'll see what I can do.
KuroiHikari wrote:I'll like all the forum sections to prevent guest posting new topics.
[...]
Off BBCode, img, url for all guest
In addition, I guess let all account's first post to be moderated.
Is spam that bad? I find that most of them are dealt with pretty quickly here.
KuroiHikari wrote:And his signature "fixed"...
I'll see what I can do.

For the others, it seems like the alt language stickies have already been dealt with. As for the wiki sidebar, I don't have the power to change that, so you'll have to wait for someone else to change that.

If I missed anything, let me know.
Stop spamming! Stay on topic!

>_>
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

bicube wrote:
KuroiHikari wrote:I'll like all the forum sections to prevent guest posting new topics.
[...]
Off BBCode, img, url for all guest
In addition, I guess let all account's first post to be moderated.
Is spam that bad? I find that most of them are dealt with pretty quickly here.
The thing is the other newer sections disallow it, I'm kind of for consistancy.
I got scarred by the images posted by a spammer cuz the img tags work...

The 3rd point is for when all guest posting new topic gets lock down, then they'll be registering accounts to spam...
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

bicube wrote:Hey guys, I can fulfill most of your (forum only) requests, but I'll need more details if you want them done. Excuse me in advance if my post sounds a bit rude or terse. I'm kind of rushing right now lol.
Wow. Long time since I saw you post. :D
larethian wrote: 1. Merge Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi into Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu subforum and rename it to "Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" [from larethian]
Where are the Itsuka Tenma threads at? I did a quick search for "Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" and only your post showed up. Provide links and titles with forum locations, and I'll merge the threads.
I think Lare meant "Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi"
bicube wrote:
larethian wrote: 2. Split Hidan no Aria from its subforum into its standalone subforum, then merge Accel World into Sword Art Online subforum [from larethian, with approval from project staff]
For Hidan no Aria splitting: I'll do that later.

For Accel World: Same as before, but with a lot more results that I don't want to parse through. Links with title and location will help immensely.
Accel world thread:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4530
bicube wrote:
larethian wrote:3. Update subforum thumbnails [from staff of respective projects]
Which subforum and thumbnail?
High School DxD and Campione, for now.

Campione's thumb: http://i.imgur.com/IYa8Y.jpg
DxD's: http://i.imgur.com/vhA6L.jpg
Kira0802 wrote:-Promote/Approve people (pudding321, Lan013, Simon, etc.)
More details please. Are they translators?
Yeah. Well, there are still pending translators/editors applications to be confirmed, I think.
Kira0802 wrote:-Move Haruka with PuiPui and the rest.
Are you suggesting to move it to the Auxiliary Brigades subforum? If so, why?
A question of constancy. in those subforums in the aux. Brigade, it's mostly dead projects sub-forums. Since Haruka has no translator for a long time, it's better to move it.
Kira0802 wrote:And I wonder if we should give more rights to the Tsukaima Region.
Why? Is there any problems with rights in there?
Since many of them are PDFs/ePub/MOBi makers (well, at least the active ones), I wonder if they could at least edit others' posts in active projets/subforums. Also, I was wondering if the translators and editors powers could extended to the sub-forums and the teasers section like in the Aux Brigade section. (moving threads, deleting posts, etc.)

--------
Also, is it possible to add a sub-forum description for Campione! ? Just like other subforums', but with the novel's name replaced.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

As project supervisor, could I please get full rights in the new Campione subforum? E.g. right now I can't delete posts anymore.

Or maybe make it forum-wide, so that I can take better action against the spam-waves...
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Kadi wrote:As project supervisor, could I please get full rights in the new Campione subforum? E.g. right now I can't delete posts anymore.

Or maybe make it forum-wide, so that I can take better action against the spam-waves...
Kadi...project supervisor on the wiki is different from admin rights on the new Campione subforum...

And speaking of spammers, we do need better measures nowadays. People are finding loopholes into this system.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Teh_ping wrote: Kadi...project supervisor on the wiki is different from admin rights on the new Campione subforum...
Yeah, but isn't it odd that I can delete posts in the general "Auxiliary Brigades" and not in a special subforum of a project I'm working on, and in a central position at that? And between admin rights and ability to delete "bad" posts should be a significant difference, even if I were to be allowed to delete posts anywhere (spam issue).
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Teh_ping wrote:Kadi...project supervisor on the wiki is different from admin rights on the new Campione subforum...

And speaking of spammers, we do need better measures nowadays. People are finding loopholes into this system.
Actually, translators can delete post in sections like the Auxiliary Brigade and the Future Project Suggestions, is that suppose to be the way, or the newer sections are of the proper rights-settings?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

KuroiHikari wrote: Actually, translators can delete post in sections like the Auxiliary Brigade and the Future Project Suggestions, is that suppose to be the way, or the newer sections are of the proper rights-settings?
Yeah, and that's why I asked that translators and editors get rights like Aux. brigade and Future projects, at least for the active sub-forum and the teasers projects sub-forum.
Kira0802

bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

kira0802 wrote:Wow. Long time since I saw you post.
Haha, yeah. I've been lazy about posting the last few years, though I've been around helping alt. language starters when they ask by PM. Good to see you again too!

-

Anyway, I think all the requested thread moves have been done. Again, let me know if I missed anything.

For the icons, I can't figure out how to put them in; might have to wait for TLG on that one. Same goes for user/guest/posting/editing rights.
Stop spamming! Stay on topic!

>_>
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Edit: You're right
Spoiler! :
In light of the recent spam

I'll like to suggest a new user group

Entry: able to post, but all tags don't work, and urls are censored or deleted.
Normal: Here users have to be approved manually

Or, there's the standard moderation until post count>something.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

^ That should be a suggestion put up at wiki feedback forum for discussion, not an admin request.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

zzhk wrote:Thumbnail for Campione subforum:
I can't find a thread who ask for a thumbnail nor a vote to decide the thumbnail.
I don't consider a decision made in less than two days by a few post lost in the general discussion thread as a valid decision to choose the thumbnail.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

:lol:

DxD has its thumbnail now, though the image might not be...
Kira0802

Return to “General Help”