Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by AKAAkira »

Just passing along the message. This is apparently from a month ago, but a translator for Date A Live (Tsuchiura, userpage here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... :Tsuchiura) got blocked from the forums (he posted a screenshot on his blog: http://mabufudyne.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/stuff/).
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Singapore... again?

*sigh*

I've unbanned the username and IP

Tsuchiura should try again.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

From facebook:
Dear admin

I recently got interested on translating a novel, eto, I mean I want to translate Hyouka novel from english to indonesia, but at first I need to sign up at baka-tsuki forum, and I've found such of this error. ,
I've tried it many times and still got a same error. .

Can I get a solutions?

Regards

Orchid
IP Address: 202.67.45.36
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Mumiah01
Astral Realm

Post by Mumiah01 »

Hi guys, sorry that it is me again, but it seems, that my post hasn't been seen so once again.

i had some problem with loggin into the forum and ended up getting a captcha, but no matter what i try, i cant solve the captcha.

so it would be great if someone could get rid of it for me, or tell me the trick on how to solve it.

thanks in advance,

mumiah
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Mumiah01 wrote:Hi guys, sorry that it is me again, but it seems, that my post hasn't been seen so once again.

i had some problem with loggin into the forum and ended up getting a captcha, but no matter what i try, i cant solve the captcha.

so it would be great if someone could get rid of it for me, or tell me the trick on how to solve it.

thanks in advance,

mumiah
Hello Mumiah,

TLG actually changed the captcha settings for the forum, so none of us have actually experienced it before. For that reason, I'm not sure how any of us can help you...

It's supposed to be a publicly available captcha, so all I can say is perhaps try to solve it? Is there anything specific about the captcha you find difficult?

cloud
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Mumiah01
Astral Realm

Post by Mumiah01 »

well yes,

the captcha is a question, 9/10 times it is about BT or the Forum ... yet even if i take the time to look for the answer by browsing the forums/wiki i cant enter the answer in a way that gets accepted ... so i am kind of in a pinch...

since the questions repeat themselves after a few tries (probable random rotation) i tried different spelling, kapitel letters... stuff like that, but it wont work

so i figured it has to be me being to dump to make it on my own, thats why i asked for help
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Mumiah01 wrote:well yes,

the captcha is a question, 9/10 times it is about BT or the Forum ... yet even if i take the time to look for the answer by browsing the forums/wiki i cant enter the answer in a way that gets accepted ... so i am kind of in a pinch...

since the questions repeat themselves after a few tries (probable random rotation) i tried different spelling, kapitel letters... stuff like that, but it wont work

so i figured it has to be me being to dump to make it on my own, thats why i asked for help
Uh, all I can say is try your best? I know the captcha questions are hard, but don't overthink it. Regular spelling and regular capitalization should work. Just keep trying and should be able to get through.
Mumiah01
Astral Realm

Post by Mumiah01 »

okay i guess it is save to assume it is official, that the captcha function is broken....

the question what year was the max. number of users on BT- recorded in? answer: 2013 (can be read on the bottom of the page)... the answer is a freaking number there cant be any problem with typo's....

if noone got an idea on how to handle that i may as well create a new account
Enthalpy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enthalpy »

Not exactly a banned account per se, but this does relate to inaccessible accounts...

I forgot the password for my wiki account (same username: Enthalpy) which was not attached to any email address.
Is there any way to reset it?

Thanks!
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Enthalpy wrote:Not exactly a banned account per se, but this does relate to inaccessible accounts...

I forgot the password for my wiki account (same username: Enthalpy) which was not attached to any email address.

Thanks!
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea. It's not something that can be done from my level of privileges.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Enthalpy wrote:Not exactly a banned account per se, but this does relate to inaccessible accounts...

Thanks!
Create a new user account with a request here to merge with the old username.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Merging?

If you're merging the old account to the new account, doesn't that defeat the purpose of wanting the the old account name?

If you're merging the new account to the old account, doesn't the same problem of not knowing the password still persist?

Or are you suggesting two merges? Create a new account, merge with the new account, (effectively renaming the old account), then create the old account again, finally merging to the old name?

Is that what you're suggesting, chancs?
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

zzhk wrote:Merging?

If you're merging the old account to the new account, doesn't that defeat the purpose of wanting the the old account name?

If you're merging the new account to the old account, doesn't the same problem of not knowing the password still persist?

Or are you suggesting two merges? Create a new account, merge with the new account, (effectively renaming the old account), then create the old account again, finally merging to the old name?

Is that what you're suggesting, chancs?
Merging the old one (merge from) to the new account (merge to). There is also the option for deleting the old user. So no password issue I suppose.
Astral Realm

Account Creation Issue

Post by Guest »

Hello Administrators of BT Forum, I'm facing issue with creating an account in BT forum. It states that my IP is being banned as a spammer etc.. I hadn't created an account at there before, kindly assist, thanks. -JinXiang-
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'd advise you to try again, as the IP ban range is quite random for now.

Otherwise, you should use a VPN.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.

Return to “General Help”