Administrative Requests Consolidation

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Administrative Requests Consolidation

Post by Rohan123 »

Nura rihan wrote:Okay, one question, the title "My Maid is a Formless Entity" wasn't supposed to be after "Mushi to Medama" not in the middle of "Mayo Chiki!" and "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha"?
If we go there, then more changes will have to be made to properly arrange the projects in the sidebar according to alphabetical order. Just for example,

BlazBlue should be after Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, not between Baccano! and Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju.
The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage should be near the bottom of the list, not between Campione! and Chrome Shelled Regios.
And some more...
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

For Walraute though, it's the C from "Circumstances" that counts. Just like W is what counts in "The World God Only Knows".
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I follow the librarian system.

After all, if we just follow the first word, all the books that start with "The" will be the biggest section in the library.... :roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Nura rihan wrote:Okay, one question, the title "My Maid is a Formless Entity" wasn't supposed to be after "Mushi to Medama" not in the middle of "Mayo Chiki!" and "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha"?
Then I suppose that you are using the names like this:

My Maid is a Formless Entity to My Maid is a Formless Entity With Maid as the first word :?:
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nura rihan wrote:
Then I suppose that you are using the names like this:

My Maid is a Formless Entity to My Maid is a Formless Entity With Maid as the first word :?:
Nope. Title-sorting only ignores the indefinite/definite article, so only A/An/The are ignored and the next word after is used as the basis to sort instead.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

denormative wrote: Nope. Title-sorting only ignores the indefinite/definite article, so only A/An/The are ignored and the next word after is used as the basis to sort instead.

Code: Select all

Wiki Media Sidebar :
*Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*My Maid is a Formless Entity
*Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Now my brain sure buged out... *loss consciousness*
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Nura rihan wrote:
denormative wrote: Nope. Title-sorting only ignores the indefinite/definite article, so only A/An/The are ignored and the next word after is used as the basis to sort instead.

Code: Select all

Wiki Media Sidebar :
*Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
*My Maid is a Formless Entity
*Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Now my brain sure buged out... *loss consciousness*
しょうがないね〜

That might be sorted by grammatical sort with first-noun priority (so it skips the 'my' in this instance since it's a pronoun), but it's more then likely a mistake. Even most libraries just use mechanical/title sort nowadays (or even back when I hung around libraries a little too much when I was a kid).
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I use a baka librarian system!

Hence fore called:

"DO-IT-MY-WAY-NOT-A-MISTAKE-OR-I-BAN-YOU"
Onizuka-GTO ® 2013

:twisted: :lol: :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

onizuka-gto wrote:I use a baka librarian system!

Hence fore called:

Onizuka-GTO ® 2013

Okay, I understand that, *Makes note* :roll: :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

onizuka-gto wrote:I use a baka librarian system!

Hence fore called:

Onizuka-GTO ® 2013

I see, well...that's a good way to end all discussion on this topic. :roll:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

hayashi_s wrote:Can the sidebar have a new category for stalled/inactive projects? As it is the current sidebar has become super long and it's giving people false hope that all the projects are being worked on.
The wiki has already a stalled category. Just add {{Template:STALLED}} to the inactive project. Once it had even a own point in the sidebar. But I assume it was too much work to change each time the sidebar whenever a project did go inactive or was reactivated since there arent many who can change the sidebar.

Its now only a subitem under categories named Inactive Projects.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

I request that a bulk media uploading extension, such as MultiUpload or MsUpload, be added to the wiki because uploading multiple images at a time, especially when you are uploading illustrations for more than one volume, becomes a pain.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Rohan123 wrote:I request that a bulk media uploading extension, such as MultiUpload or MsUpload, be added to the wiki because uploading multiple images at a time, especially when you are uploading illustrations for more than one volume, becomes a pain.
Looks like you want the work to be easy... it has 7 years of B-T and always uploading images one by one(yeah it's a pain but it's cool). Anyway, the only one who can do that is TLG, even oni can't(For what he said I can suppose it). So it have to be asked directly, and I think there's reasons for B-T don't have the extension(Which if exists I don't know.)
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Nura rihan wrote:
Rohan123 wrote:I request that a bulk media uploading extension, such as MultiUpload or MsUpload, be added to the wiki because uploading multiple images at a time, especially when you are uploading illustrations for more than one volume, becomes a pain.
Looks like you want the work to be easy... it has 7 years of B-T and always uploading images one by one(yeah it's a pain but it's cool). Anyway, the only one who can do that is TLG, even oni can't(For what he said I can suppose it). So it have to be asked directly, and I think there's reasons for B-T don't have the extension(Which if exists I don't know.)
Yes, I want the work to become easier. Just because it has been 7 years of uploading images individually, that doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever. And I posted this here because I believe that from here, the request will reach the appropriate person(which is TLG, since only he can add extensions). And if there are reasons for not adding the extension, then I am not aware of them and thus I have requested the addition.
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Bungaku Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

I agree with the previous post.
Currently the personal editor to the cat.
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~

Return to “General Help”