Administrative Requests Consolidation

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Administrative Requests Consolidation

Post by larethian »

Now that Oni is pretty much MIA, and that Big Boss is busy from time to time, I've created this thread so that we can save Big Boss's time and not flood his mailbox by PM-ing requests in batches. This thread is mainly for use by recognized STAFF of projects, or other appointed STAFF. Leechers and forumites are free to post constructive opinions, but please refrain from posting nonsense, chatting, or posting your wishes and desires when it's obvious that they will not be granted in accordance with baka-tsuki's guidelines (please familiarize yourselves with the rules if you haven't yet).

So in short, this will be a consolidated request thread, which will reduce or eliminate multiple PMs to Big Boss that might end up getting missed. Any (official, not self-appointed) Supervisors, Senior Project Translators, or Global Moderators are free to submit a PM request at his or her discretion when the consolidated requests have grown to a certain size or a suitable amount of time had passed (discretionary judgement), and announce here in this thread that the request has been made.

Take note that a request is merely a request, it doesn't mean that it will be granted for sure.

Currently accumulated requests:
1. Rename subforum from "Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" to "Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Sagi"

2. Standardize subforums' description.

3. Update subforum thumbnails [from staff of respective projects]
----Campione: waiting for submission and voting, HnA: waiting for submission and voting
Spoiler! :
1. Merge Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi into Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu subforum and rename it to "Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kurosagi" [from larethian] DONE
Reason: relevance

2. Split Hidan no Aria from its subforum into its standalone subforum, then merge Accel World into Sword Art Online subforum [from larethian, with approval from project staff] DONE
Reason: relevance

3. Update subforum thumbnails [from staff of respective projects] DxD DONE, Campione: waiting for submission and voting, HnA: waiting for submission and voting

4. Create Campione subforum [from Kadi] DONE
Reason: Supervisor request

5. Upgrade Oda Nobuna no Yabou to full project [from staff of project] DONE
Reason: Project requirements met, active TL available, verified by larethian
Edit: KuroiHikari: I'm not sure if there's others

Others?
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Adminstrative Requests Consolidation

Post by Teh_ping »

Oni just came back from the Great Firewall, will be on active duty in 8 hours. Hurry up and post your requests.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Request : Unstick the sticky threads in alternative language forum except the rules. Most of them is not active anymore, it would be best for the active projects to take their place.

Actually I already PM this to onizuka-gto, along with a request to change "Indoneisan SHnY" to "SHnY Bahasa Indonesia". Just making sure here.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

arczyx wrote:Request : Unstick the sticky threads in alternative language forum except the rules. Most of them is not active anymore, it would be best for the active projects to take their place.

Actually I already PM this to onizuka-gto, along with a request to change "Indoneisan SHnY" to "SHnY Bahasa Indonesia". Just making sure here.
For that you wouldn't need Oni or thelastguardian... but they are sticky for a reason - they provides the rules for the special aux projects... even if there arent at the moment an active translators or much to discuss

What do you mean with change of the title? Is it for the forum or the wiki? In the forum you'll just have to change the title of the first post...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:Oni just came back from the Great Firewall, will be on active duty in 8 hours. Hurry up and post your requests.
Uh, the big firewall blocks Baka-tsuki? - Thats hard... :(

Darklor

arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Darklor wrote:For that you wouldn't need Oni or thelastguardian... but they are sticky for a reason - they provides the rules for the special aux projects... even if there arent at the moment an active translators or much to discuss

What do you mean with change of the title? Is it for the forum or the wiki? In the forum you'll just have to change the title of the first post...
What do you mean by provides the rules for special aux projects?

The thread's title in the forum, onizuka-gto is the thread starter so he is the one who can change it right?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

arczyx wrote:
What do you mean by provides the rules for special aux projects?
You mean those right?:

Campione! - Names and Terminology
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Names & Terminology (Spoilers)
The Longing of Shiina Ryo
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai Names & Terminology
Kampfer Names and Terminology Discussion
Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! Specific Format/Style Guidelines
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Format & Style
Help Offers for Golden Time
IS - Names and Terminology
Dokuro-chan editors and translators

All of those define in the end series spezific rules - because of that they were stickied...
arczyx wrote:
The thread's title in the forum, onizuka-gto is the thread starter so he is the one who can change it right?
Nope, everyone, who can change the post of another user could do that. - So for example even I could do that - and I would assume, that everyone who is in the usergroup of translator (or at least senior translator) could do that too... (Because I wouldn't believe that this is something that only I can do ;))

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, Larethian I fear you did forget to add to your list the promotion of the two winners of the 2012 promotion election... or are they already promoted?

Darklor

arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Darklor wrote:You mean those right?:

All of those define in the end series spezific rules - because of that they were stickied...
I'm talking about Alternative Language Forum here, not the Auxiliary Brigades 8)
Darklor wrote:Nope, everyone, who can change the post of another user could do that. - So for example even I could do that - and I would assume, that everyone who is in the usergroup of translator (or at least senior translator) could do that too... (Because I wouldn't believe that this is something that only I can do )
Please change it then :mrgreen:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

arczyx wrote:
Darklor wrote:You mean those right?:

I'm talking about Alternative Language Forum here, not the Auxiliary Brigades 8)
Darklor wrote:Nope, everyone, who can change the post of another user could do that. - So for example even I could do that - and I would assume, that everyone who is in the usergroup of translator (or at least senior translator) could do that too... (Because I wouldn't believe that this is something that only I can do )
Please change it then :mrgreen:
Uh - Ah, ok - maybe I really need glasses :oops: its now the 2nd time I did overread something/ did read a different thing as written - or I shouldn't read during lessons... :twisted:

Also *done*

Also unsticky them wouldnt be a problem either, but why again? - I havent done it yet because I didnt sticky them and I dont know why they were stickied in the first place...

Darklor

arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Darklor wrote:Also *done*
Thank you :D
Darklor wrote:Also unsticky them wouldnt be a problem either, but why again? - I havent done it yet because I didnt sticky them and I dont know why they were stickied in the first place...
Because it's kinda unfair for the active projects I guess? 8)

I also don't know why are they stickied in the first place, but it seems there is no specific reason, maybe because they're old? :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Darklor wrote:Uh, the big firewall blocks Baka-tsuki? - Thats hard... :(
Not the wiki though, since peachy managed to access BT from China. Maybe the forums.

My wishlist:
-Give Campione a sub-forum.
-Promote/Approve people (pudding321, Lan013, Simon, etc.)
-Approve the projects.
-Move Haruka with PuiPui and the rest.

And I wonder if we should give more rights to the Tsukaima Region.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Also Maru-Ma isnt yet in the sidebar...

Darklor

zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Thumbnail for Campione subforum:
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Resolved:
Spoiler! :
I'll like all the forum sections to prevent guest posting new topics.

viewforum.php?f=13
viewforum.php?f=15
viewforum.php?f=16

viewforum.php?f=44

viewforum.php?f=3
viewforum.php?f=30
viewforum.php?f=31
viewforum.php?f=32
viewforum.php?f=33
viewforum.php?f=24

Off BBCode, img, url for all guest
In addition, I guess let all account's first post to be moderated.

And his signature "fixed"...

Return to “General Help”