Administrative Requests Consolidation

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Administrative Requests Consolidation

Post by denormative »

This probably should be de-ATP'd: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... me_No_Life
It has Registration page, two complete chapters and prologue, and two active translators.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The tag is for oni to check projects that meet the requirements to be added to the sidebar. He'll remove it when he does so.
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chancs »

Didn't know where to ask this but shouldn't the stalled projects be removed from the main page index? The active projects will increase and keeping stalled ones will unnecessarily make it large. *Something like 'abandoned' drop down*
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, I guess it should be more suited for this thread, but who cares?

Anyway, let me see if I understood that right, you're wanting to make a new tag as stalled right?

like putting in

Code: Select all

Stalled
  Series Name
  Series Name
  Series Name
Coz if it was abbandoned that have a tag for the one which have an abbandoned tag right, it would be confusing, so stalled tag would fit better. please tell me if I understood it wrong.
Call me Nurin!

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Nura rihan wrote:
Anyway, let me see if I understood that right, you're wanting to make a new tag as stalled right?

like putting in

Code: Select all

Stalled
  Series Name
  Series Name
  Series Name
Coz if it was abbandoned that have a tag for the one which have an abbandoned tag right, it would be confusing, so stalled tag would fit better. please tell me if I understood it wrong.
Ah no. The same
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Err... it isn't that?
Call me Nurin!

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Nura rihan wrote:Err... it isn't that?
You are correct. 'Ah no' was to 'if I understood it wrong' . :lol:
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Okay then... >.<
Call me Nurin!

hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

Can the sidebar have a new category for stalled/inactive projects? As it is the current sidebar has become super long and it's giving people false hope that all the projects are being worked on.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
zzhk
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

I believe the issue was brought up before and the only challenge was actually categorizing the projects.

Anyway, since people are putting in effort to keep the Translation Updates thread current, using that list should be okay. Of course, "caught up" and "active" should be kept in the same category so that there's no need to move series back and forth every time a new volume is published.

As a side note: alphabetically, "Yahari ore no seishun rabu kome wa machigatte iru" should go in front of "The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village."
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

zzhk wrote:As a side note: alphabetically, "Yahari ore no seishun rabu kome wa machigatte iru" should go in front of "The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village."
And "Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai" should go before "Toaru Majutsu no Index".
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

zzhk wrote:I believe the issue was brought up before and the only challenge was actually categorizing the projects.

Anyway, since people are putting in effort to keep the Translation Updates thread current, using that list should be okay. Of course, "caught up" and "active" should be kept in the same category so that there's no need to move series back and forth every time a new volume is published.

As a side note: alphabetically, "Yahari ore no seishun rabu kome wa machigatte iru" should go in front of "The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village."
From my point of view, it would be better to split them, putting the Active in one tag, and the stalled in another one, since it would be better for the community >.<

Well, anyway, it's my own opinion...
Call me Nurin!

zzhk
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Nura rihan wrote:
zzhk wrote:I believe the issue was brought up before and the only challenge was actually categorizing the projects.

From my point of view, it would be better to split them, putting the Active in one tag, and the stalled in another one, since it would be better for the community >.<

Well, anyway, it's my own opinion...
What does that have anything to do with my post?

I explained that there were plans to do so originally, but it did not go ahead because administrators (Oni/DarkoNeko) needed an updated list to categorize them.

Now that there is a relatively current list (which KuroiHikari only started updating a month or two ago), it is fine to proceed using that list (the thead being linked).

In what way did I even say anything opposing the separation of Stalled and Active categories?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

I just linked your post coz... Well I don't know well, but I think i read something that had something about what I was thinking.... :D
Call me Nurin!

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Okay, one question, the title "My Maid is a Formless Entity" wasn't supposed to be after "Mushi to Medama" not in the middle of "Mayo Chiki!" and "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha"?
Call me Nurin!

Return to “General Help”