Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by cloudii »

BluDrifter wrote:
Cthaeh wrote:Could you try once more, and try again immediately if it fails. I occasionally get messages that look like that, but they typically go away if I try a second time.

If trying again doesn't work, something you can do is try using a proxy or just go from a different IP address; I'd have to look into whether or not anything can be done on BT's end. But I'm guessing/hoping it was the temporary problem that appears now and then, and that it'll work if you try again.
Tried that and....
''Your IP 82.166.20.41 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?.subm ... .166.20.41.
Your IP 82.166.20.41 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamcannibal.org/cannibal.cg ... .166.20.41.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.'' I have no idea why this is happening, been trying to use my gmail account and it didn't work, then tried using my walla account (a Israeli mail service) but nothing seems to work... Sorry for troubling you with my problems it's jsut that i'd really like to have access to the forum if it weren't for that I would of given up a long time ago...
I manually excluded your IP for the time being, but most of the time you just have to be persistent (I get those messages too).
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
alec43
Astral Realm

Post by alec43 »

Hi !

Since a few days I try to register to the forum and have all the time the same error message (picture below).

http://uppix.com/f-Sans_titre5548b4930018e073.png

I try with different PC, internet connection and email

Can you help me ? :)

thank !
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I can't even register because my IP is "blacklisted"
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Guest wrote:I can't even register because my IP is "blacklisted"
It's a bit hard to try to help without any information. For example, where are you trying to register (wiki or forums)? What is the exact message it displays?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I can't even register because my IP is "blacklisted"

I myself have the same problem. I don't count anymore the number of times I've tried to register on this forum.

The reason differ. Sometimes it's my IP, sometimes it seems its "only" the mailbox.

Here is a screenshot of one of the messages I've recieved :

http://i.imgur.com/7T21C0X.png

From what I've read here and there, it could be solved by and admin authorizing my IP for just a day? If yes, I'd gladly accept.
puffy_shortbread
Astral Realm

Post by puffy_shortbread »

same here. I tried many times with gmail hotmail and Yahoo. Then it told me that my ip is blacklisted? It seems to be making a lot of excuses not to let me register.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Guest wrote:I myself have the same problem.
It looks like you were able to register after all if I'm reading the logs correctly.
puffy_shortbread wrote:same here. I tried many times with gmail hotmail and Yahoo. Then it told me that my ip is blacklisted? It seems to be making a lot of excuses not to let me register.
There was a period of time last year when it was impossible to register; these days I occasionally encounter email or ip blacklists that hit once and then go away when I try again (not sure what faulty returns are responsible). I put an unban on your ip, but since I'm not sure exactly what the underlying issue you're describing is, I'm not sure that it'll work (even if it seems to work, forum updates or just trying again may have been the real fix).
mrgmzc
Astral Realm

Post by mrgmzc »

So, after many attempts I was finally able to create an account on the wiki but every time I try to create one on the forum I get the IP blacklist error, even when I tried with 3 different devices on 3 different IPs, any ideas?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

mrgmzc wrote:So, after many attempts I was finally able to create an account on the wiki but every time I try to create one on the forum I get the IP blacklist error, even when I tried with 3 different devices on 3 different IPs, any ideas?
When I did a lookup on your IP, I noticed it was listed on a few external IP blacklist services, so that's probably why it was blocked. I've temporarily put an ban exclusion on your IP on the forums; I'm not actually sure if that works or not (assuming your IP doesn't change), so post again to let me know one way or the other.
puffy_shortbread
Astral Realm

Now, it's not showing the codes no matter how many times I refresh the page plus the IP blacklist notification.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

puffy_shortbread wrote:Now, it's not showing the codes no matter how many times I refresh the page plus the IP blacklist notification.
I'm not really sure what you're describing by "not showing the codes." Maybe your talking about the captcha near the bottom of the page? If that's not showing up, make sure your browser hasn't hidden the captcha (on my IE, the browsers message is "Only secure content is displayed"; I need to hit "Show all content" for my browser to let the captcha through).

Also, it will be a lot easier for me to understand what's wrong if you copy-paste the text of the error messages you are getting into a post; right now I'm just making random guesses for what's wrong since it's not clear.
puffy_shortbread
Astral Realm

Cthaeh wrote:
puffy_shortbread wrote:Now, it's not showing the codes no matter how many times I refresh the page plus the IP blacklist notification.
I'm not really sure what you're describing by "not showing the codes." Maybe your talking about the captcha near the bottom of the page? If that's not showing up, make sure your browser hasn't hidden the captcha (on my IE, the browsers message is "Only secure content is displayed"; I need to hit "Show all content" for my browser to let the captcha through).

Also, it will be a lot easier for me to understand what's wrong if you copy-paste the text of the error messages you are getting into a post; right now I'm just making random guesses for what's wrong since it's not clear.
Yes, that's what I meant. There's no captcha numbers/images or anything near the bottom of the page.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

puffy_shortbread wrote:Yes, that's what I meant. There's no captcha numbers/images or anything near the bottom of the page.
I can see the captcha after I hit I think the issue is that your browser is hiding it because it's not "secure" content on an otherwise https page. If you don't know how to get your browser to display it, then you can try replacing "https" with "http" at the beginning of the url, then all the content will be the same and your browser likely won't hide just the captcha.
PuffF
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by PuffF »

@Cthaeh
Thank you so much for the help!
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

@Cthaeh: I didn't hear a thing about this. Why am I not informed when something strange happens to the site ?

Either way, the problem should be fixed now.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.

Return to “General Help”