Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
Hengen
Astral Realm

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by Hengen »

I don't know why but my account get banned. But I never removed content (as it can be seen on my contributions' page). Would it be possible to get unblocked otherwise it is difficult to add new content ;) Thank you in advance. I use an university network so that may be the cause but could you at least unblock my username.

You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
Your username or IP address has been blocked.
The block was made by Teh Ping. The reason given is Removing content from pages.
Start of block: 04:43, 11 July 2016
Expiry of block: 04:43, 11 August 2016
Intended blockee: 127.0.0.1
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Hengen wrote:I don't know why but [...]

Start of block: 04:43, 11 July 2016
Expiry of block: 04:43, 11 August 2016
Intended blockee: 127.0.0.1
I undid the block a little while ago, so it should no longer be a problem. Please post again if it's still doing that.

There's a little bug with IPs right at the moment is part of the reason you got that message.
danaykee
Astral Realm

Post by danaykee »

Hi everyone. I'm trying to create an account in wiki, but I can't 'cause my "IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Baka-Tsuki". It's true that I'm using a proxy extension, but this is because baka-tsuki is blocked in my country. I don't know what to do so I hope that someone can help me.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I see someone created a user account on the wiki with the same username, so I assume you got it to work.
ianl
Astral Realm

Post by ianl »

Hey there,

I just created an account at the Wiki, username ianlucas, and stumbled with this message: http://prntscr.com/c2l69x, which I'm sure has to do with this thread.

So, how can I proceed?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is working now.
Paulo27
Astral Realm

Post by Paulo27 »

Am I banned or something? I made a request in the PDF thread like over a week ago, twice, and neither of my posts got approved, what's going on?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Paulo27 wrote:Am I banned or something? I made a request in the PDF thread like over a week ago, twice, and neither of my posts got approved, what's going on?
Looking at the logs, I can't be sure they are your posts, but I see that some PDF thread posts were disapproved for the reason they were requesting licensed content. Requesting or sharing licensed content is against BT rules, so if those were your posts, then that's why they were disapproved. If not, then I'm not sure which posts you're talking about.
Paulo27
Astral Realm

Post by Paulo27 »

Cthaeh wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:Am I banned or something? I made a request in the PDF thread like over a week ago, twice, and neither of my posts got approved, what's going on?
Looking at the logs, I can't be sure they are your posts, but I see that some PDF thread posts were disapproved for the reason they were requesting licensed content. Requesting or sharing licensed content is against BT rules, so if those were your posts, then that's why they were disapproved. If not, then I'm not sure which posts you're talking about.
I thought I'd get notified if my post was approved but guess not, so I only saw this now.
I see though, I forgot that stuff was licensed.
Thanks for the reply.
uwxs
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by uwxs »

Made a reply here: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... start=1185
It got approved, I edited it with something I forgot and now it's not showing up again eventhough that was yesterday. :\
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

uwxs wrote:Made a reply here: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... start=1185
It got approved, I edited it with something I forgot and now it's not showing up again eventhough that was yesterday. :\
When you're a new user (determined by approved post count) and edit a post, it has to be approved again, which I just did.

It works that way otherwise spambots could get around the approvals by posting something reasonable, and then just editing the approved post to add the spam.

Return to “General Help”