Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha?

It was good, please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 890

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Post by Cthaeh »

If it's still on the wiki then it wasn't hit by dmca's. Most projects that are inactive are so because the translator stopped working on it, not because of dmcas; plus some "active" tags may be outdated.

You can look in this subforum (link) for pdfs and such; look in the general pdf generation thread if not a Shimai specific one.
BigrussX5
Astral Realm

Post by BigrussX5 »

Just wanted to express my gratitude for all the hard work you translators put forwards so that everyone can enjoy these light novels. Thank you guys! I know you guys must be busy with everything else going on in life, but without y'all we might not ever be able to read these, i only wish there were ways we could help donate for all your time or for RAWs to help support.
raihara
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by raihara »

semangat terus para penerjemah, jangan putus asa.. karena kami para pembaca menanti update-an novel terjemah kalian

dan saya sangat suka seri ini, saya mohon untuk dilanjutkan
Gigaknight
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gigaknight »

I've finally gotten around to reading this LN fan production--I wonder who's responsible for volumes 1-4. They're a slog to read through, with all the bad grammar.

Earlier in the thread, I noticed a guy named PROzess apparently doing the translating; when someone brought up his very obvious error (no, "brother" isn't suitable for what Mio calls Basara in the throes of sexual pleasure), he got rather snippy--indignant, as if the other person had no right to criticize him.

Most amusingly, he--later in this thread--admitted that English isn't his native language. I could tell, with his usage of "haizz" in volume 4; he must be Vietnamese.

What I'm also given cause to wonder about is how he was surrounded by people expressing nothing but gratitude for his "efforts". Speaking of which, they might as well have been machine-translated with some touches here and there, along with definitions of words uncommonly used by those with weaker vocabularies to make him--or whomever was doing the translating--look more competent. The first four volumes are, accordingly, unreadable at many points. They couldn't serve their only purpose as LNs--to be read for entertainment--and yet people were showering this guy with the aforementioned gratitude. For what reason, then?

Not the first time I've seen this, either--Code-Zero was exactly the same way with the HS DxD LNs before someone else (mercifully) took over. I once brought up his editor's failure to do his job, and he took issue with the complaint. That's the main reason why I've never bothered to lend a hand to TLers here.

Long story short, I just wonder if anyone noticed/notices just how bad the first four volumes' fan productions were. Reaching the end of volume four, I'm hoping that volume five and onward are better (but judging by the peek I took--which showed me more pointless footnotes for "hard" words--my hopes are probably in vain).

Return to “English”