Golden Time

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Golden Time ?

It was good! Please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 876

amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Golden Time: General

Post by amrul »

larethian wrote:
l.kostas wrote: The chapter follows exactly the light novel. This time it doesn't skip anything from the light novel like a previous chapter. I mean that scene where they dance (or try to) wearing the traditional clothes. Also that scene where Linda saves Banri from the bullying is funnier (karate kid :))I was wondering if the final chapter of tankobon 5 would be 27, but because the release date is on January they might add chapter 28, no cliffhangers.
Not exactly. Most of the 'emotions' were lost. Kouko's anxiety built-up from Banri's POV was completely lost. Banri's exasperation at Kouko's outburst was not depicted as well. Among other things. This made the episode's 'feel' weak compared to the original chapter. Though it won't seem so at first glance since it compensated with the backstory in the prologue and the body 'switch' twist.
Exactly what I think of the anime so far. Aside from the comedies, the emotional parts are almost 'empty'. Not only applies for episode 9 though, it happens along the series, where there are emotional scenes.

The manga at least, still able to provide details in kouko's insecurities and suspicions.

Last night finally be able to finish volume 6. Skipped some parts though, but hopefully I still got the point :lol:
Spoiler! :
It's interesting to see that what encouraged Banri to attend his class' reunion is not he himself, but Kouko. This traces back to the chapter where he went to Kouko's house to talk her into ending her hikkikomori runaway. He said that he would not run away anymore (running away is quite well associated with him as we know already). The next day when Linda told him about the class reunion, he still hesitated, due to the fear of being rejected because he is not the one his high school friends know. But it seems that it didn't happened as what he feared. However, this part isn't interesting for me so I skipped it to the end, hopefully I got the point already before I skipped it :lol: . After the reunion party ended, they went back. On the way, they went to the bridge where Banri fell over, and he wanted to take pictures there to send to Kouko. He felt that he has gotten over his past after the reunion and will not have any problem being there, but too bad it didn't go like that. He started having flashbacks of the day where he was hit by a bike. It looked like seeing the whole accident from the perspective of the third person. But until the end, it doesn't seem to reveal who was the hit n run suspect.
l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

larethian wrote: Not exactly. Most of the 'emotions' were lost. Kouko's anxiety built-up from Banri's POV was completely lost. Banri's exasperation at Kouko's outburst was not depicted as well. Among other things. This made the episode's 'feel' weak compared to the original chapter. Though it won't seem so at first glance since it compensated with the backstory in the prologuey and the body 'switch' twist.
I meant chapter 27 of the manga, not the anime episode.

About light novel volume 6 there is this review:
http://keikennthi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-137.html
ところが、橋の中央まで来ると、質感を伴ったフラッシュバックが起こった。橋を渡る自分に、バイクがぶつかり、自分は川へ落ちていく。万里の目には、走り去るバイクの後ろ姿が見えていた。だが、すぐさま川に落ちかけた自分の腕をつかむ。だが、自分は万里の手をはがして行く。そしてもう自分が川に落ちそうになった瞬間、万里は現実に戻って来ていた。
 ふとポケットを探ると、香子にもらった手鏡が割れていた。アニの車のクラクションを聞きながら、万里は自分の記憶がよみがえりつつあることに思い至った。

But, I grab his arm, which was about to fall into the river immediately. But, I remove the hand of Banri. And the moment he is about to fall into the river again, Banri was coming back to reality.
I explore the pocket suddenly, hand mirror I got from Kouko had cracked.
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Episode 10 preview.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/765/765495/

Edit:

It adapted volume 4 chapter 1 and half chapter 2

On January 27 3 tankobons will be released simultaneously. Evergreen 3, a Golden Time manga anthology by Komatsu Eeji, the light novel illustrator and Golden Time tankobon 5.
漫画、3冊同時発売…だとっ!
■ 「竹宮 ゆゆこ」新刊3件ヒット
2014-01-27発売 『エバーグリーン(3) (電撃コミックス)』(竹宮ゆゆこ/カスカベアキラ)(著作本)
2014-01-27発売 『コミック公式アンソロジー ゴールデンタイム (電撃コミックスEX)』(竹宮ゆゆこ/駒都えーじ)(著作本)
2014-01-27発売 『ゴールデンタイム(5) (電撃コミックス)』(竹宮ゆゆこ/梅ちゃづけ)(著作本)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Err... Watching this week episode... I felt really sick with Kouko's behavior on Banri's room... :roll:
Call me Nurin!

sjikke
Astral Realm

Post by sjikke »

Nura rihan wrote:Err... Watching this week episode... I felt really sick with Kouko's behavior on Banri's room... :roll:
I felt the same, although I'm negatively biased towards Kouko. She manipulated her self between Banri and Linda (and the rest) very skillfully. Both Nana-senpai's are totally awesome though. The scene in the cab was hilarious.
Anyway, I regret having picked the sinking ship for this anime. Anyone have some (minor) insight in how much Linda interaction I can expect? I want to know the end, but I can't really handle the animated Kouko, so I'm only watching it for her and 2D-kun :lol:
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

sjikke wrote:Anyone have some (minor) insight in how much Linda interaction I can expect?
All we know for now is that the connection between Linda and Banri will get stronger yet. Who Banri will wind up with is still anybody's guess, opening credits notwithstanding.

Anyway, just saw episode 10. Early on, in the section with Nana-senpai, their conversation in Japanese (I try to ignore the subtitles as much as I can) revealed to me the correct meaning of 蕨 (warabi) in the context of this story. The dictionary said "bracken" (a type of forest plant), and I thought it was a slang term for little kids, but the anime revealed it to be a place name, NANA-senpai's town . . . and that allowed me to correct the appropriate texts in volume 3, chapters 2 and 3.

But Banri summed it up: Linda seems real, and Kouko seems like a dream.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

I hope in 2 episodes everything will be revealed to kouko :lol:

to be honest, after reading up to volume 4, all the parts from volume 3 makes me very uneasy. That includes the anime. But after it has passed volume 4 chapter 4, then it feels relieving, at least until the last bit of volume 7 :cry:

why? I think people can see for themselves why :lol:

as for banri-linda interactions, it's getting more and more frequent, but more on the buddies or brother-sister part :lol:
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Banri will end up with Kouko no matter what. The rule of cover girl never fails.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

larethian wrote:Banri will end up with Kouko no matter what. The rule of cover girl never fails.
Somehow I strongly agree with that. It's been 7 volumes and all you see on the cover is kouko.

Well the selling point of the story is not the ending anyway, it's the roller coaster journey towards it, like toradora :lol:
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

I think we are all supposed to feel uncomfortable with Kouko's behavior in this volume. As uncomfortable as she is with herself. She is lost at this point. She is trying with all her might to be the "perfect, adorable, lovey-dovey girlfriend" for Banri because she is so in love with him, but she can't stand herself, so she is constantly anxious about why someone as nice as Banri would love a worthless person like her. She refers to "her worthless self" over and over, does she not?

At the same time, Banri is no saint! He withholds the truth about his past from Kouko even before they start dating. If he would have shown her the picture he found after Kouko had "friendzoned" him, it would probably have made Kouko less likely to act like a possessive fool when Linda is around him.

I see tons of comments that people think Kouko is still stuck on Mitsuo. I hope those start toning down at this point, since the scenes at the end of this episode really drive home how much she cares for Banri, even if she isn't able to love herself.
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

zensunni wrote:I think we are all supposed to feel uncomfortable with Kouko's behavior in this volume. As uncomfortable as she is with herself. She is lost at this point. She is trying with all her might to be the "perfect, adorable, lovey-dovey girlfriend" for Banri because she is so in love with him, but she can't stand herself, so she is constantly anxious about why someone as nice as Banri would love a worthless person like her. She refers to "her worthless self" over and over, does she not?

At the same time, Banri is no saint! He withholds the truth about his past from Kouko even before they start dating. If he would have shown her the picture he found after Kouko had "friendzoned" him, it would probably have made Kouko less likely to act like a possessive fool when Linda is around him.

I see tons of comments that people think Kouko is still stuck on Mitsuo. I hope those start toning down at this point, since the scenes at the end of this episode really drive home how much she cares for Banri, even if she isn't able to love herself.
well it'll explode eventually :lol:

In the anime probably in eps 12 :twisted:
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

amrul wrote:In the anime probably in eps 12 :twisted:
Just in time to leave a cliffhanger for Christmas Break...

Though frankly, I have no idea what the cliffhanger will be. The timing would say whatever it is what happens at the end of volume 4, but from what little I know, volume 4 is mostly about what happens while they get ready for summer vacation, the most significant thing being that Banri gets a part-time job at the same place where Linda works. That could be just a little bit stressful . . . when Kouko finds out. :lol:
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

rpapo wrote:
amrul wrote:In the anime probably in eps 12 :twisted:
Just in time to leave a cliffhanger for Christmas Break...

Though frankly, I have no idea what the cliffhanger will be. The timing would say whatever it is what happens at the end of volume 4, but from what little I know, volume 4 is mostly about what happens while they get ready for summer vacation, the most significant thing being that Banri gets a part-time job at the same place where Linda works. That could be just a little bit stressful . . . when Kouko finds out. :lol:
that would be a good cliffhanger for the next episode :lol:

but that'll mean it will only cover 1 and a half chapter. But it should be good to go :lol:
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Official game site:
http://d-game.dengeki.com/goldentime/
The episode adapted the rest of chapter 2 and chapter 3, but not all of it, they avoided the cliffhanger at the end of the chapter.

Miss Monochrome appears again:
Episode 1:
Episode 11:
Last edited by l.kostas on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Episode 11. The story progresses. I suspect that the birthday party scene was sanitized somewhat from whatever the book shows. And now we know where the photo went. It looks like volume 4 will span three episodes. Since the first "cour" covers four books, it sounds reasonable that the second will cover four more books. That makes it even more likely that volume 8 will be the last volume of the story.

Volume 1 - Episodes 1-4
Volume 2 - Episodes 5-6
Volume 3 - Episodes 7-9
Volume 4 - Episodes 10-12

Return to “English”