Mushi to Medama

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see Mushi to Medama translated?

Yes
93%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
5%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 59

rikimtasu
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Worm,Eyeball Series

Post by rikimtasu »

Someone in animesuki have read this novel.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66402
Finally....
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Re: Mushi to Medama (Insect and Eyeball)

Post by HolyCow »

Half Year Old Necro!!

I'm finally back on B-T, after almost a whole year of absence. Lots of crazy shit happened during my first year of Uni, and hell yeah it was a blast, but after fooling around for an entire year, I figured its time to get my life re-organized.

Since I'm in the middle of a sem break currently, I've decided to translated this novel, which I got to read by chance one day when I was visiting one of the largest bookstores in my country. I was immediately enthralled by the story and decided to translate it while I was free... Which is now. That happened about 4 months ago actually :|

I miss this place, and I hope you guys won't mind me suddenly reappearing and translating something out of the blue~ 8)

Here's the page for the project: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... _to_Medama Chapter 1 is at 30%, so go read it if you're free~ >:3 It should be completed within 3 or 4 days.

Abiding by the current forum and wiki guidelines, I won't ask for it to be put in the active projects section... yet :twisted:

Do let me know if anyone wants to help translate, this is one long novel series I don't think I can finish alone >.<

Thanks for reading, and sorry for (going missing so long) and the (equally) long post :D

Cheers,
HolyCow
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Once chap 1 hits 100% then you can shift it to the active. :P We have similar tastes so this story better be good for you to try and translate this over BOMF. :?

Got any good Uni stories?

And if you didn't know I work at a Game studio now and am currently working on 2 games. 8)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

If the Big Boss says yes to BOMF I'm putting this on hold straight away and working on that :twisted:

Uni stories, well, I've got a few, but I don't want to derail this topic just yet =P

And yeah I know, saw your game idea suggestion thread. Tell me once you get it to completion :P

Oh and do you mind being put in the list of editors? >:3

P/S: I noticed, what happened to Jumpyshoes? MIA?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

HolyCow wrote:If the Big Boss says yes to BOMF I'm putting this on hold straight away and working on that :twisted:

Uni stories, well, I've got a few, but I don't want to derail this topic just yet =P

And yeah I know, saw your game idea suggestion thread. Tell me once you get it to completion :P

Oh and do you mind being put in the list of editors? >:3

P/S: I noticed, what happened to Jumpyshoes? MIA?
You can put me on the list, but I don't have time to actually edit. I work from 8am - 5pm then go to Uni from 6pm - 11pm. On weekends we are working on a game for our graduation project as well so... You get the idea.

As for Jumpy, I believe I saw him on IRC the other night but I'm not sure. *shrugs*
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Don't worry, just edit any errors you find as you read along :D

/me puts TGM into the list
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

*gets snatched*

The newer members are pretty interesting. And spunky... Always working hard and making us relics look lazy. :? You should check out some of their work. 8)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Newer members? Like who?

Anyways, i have been trying to locate this series at my local bookstore... but volume 1 is missing... So i never started... is it really that good? I downloaded the series, but personally i prefer reading novels as the books they are really.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
serenade_beta
Astral Realm

Post by serenade_beta »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Anyways, i have been trying to locate this series at my local bookstore... but volume 1 is missing... So i never started... is it really that good? I downloaded the series, but personally i prefer reading novels as the books they are really.
Oh yeah, it's great. I only have one or two complaints or so, and even then, the complaints aren't because something was wrong with the story, but simply because the development wasn't to my taste. If you haven't read it, I definitely suggest giving it a try when you have free time.
Mah... It's a rather merciless novel... In a gruesome meaning (vol.2 was... traumatic at the beginning). People who can't handle gruesome/horror things might want to stay away from this novel.

Good luck, HolyCow, on the translations! :D
Ahh~, nostalgic. I recall loving that hentai detective~ (And Katsumi too, one of the more saner characters in this novel... Too bad that had to happen)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Thanks Serenade_beta! I really got to know of this novel through your synopsis, which rather intrigued me... :twisted:

@Shadow: You would be one of the said new members. Awesome work on Kaze and Shana >:3
It's a rather... disturbingly unique series, with a handful of psycho characters that I really adore :twisted:
The book was written by Akira 日日日 after all, the same author who wrote Kyouran Kazoku Nikki~

@TGM: Yeah, I need to think twice before slacking off now :?
ShadowZeroHeart

HolyCow wrote:Thanks Serenade_beta! I really got to know of this novel through your synopsis, which rather intrigued me... :twisted:

@Shadow: You would be one of the said new members. Awesome work on Kaze and Shana >:3
It's a rather... disturbingly unique series, with a handful of psycho characters that I really adore :twisted:
The book was written by Akira 日日日 after all, the same author who wrote Kyouran Kazoku Nikki~

Yes, i noticed the author. Besides these series, there are a few more series that he wrote novels of. I have a manga volume of one of those series. It was talking about some mean girl who by a stroke of luck/fate, met a fairy who made her a magical girl. However, the moment she became a magical girl, she kills a monster and became a murderer and starts being hunted down for her crime. However, Akira's other works seem relatively less popular or famous compared to this series, or at least thats my opinion. So I have been wanting to find out more about this series... Or better yet, get the first volumes to check it out.
HolyCow wrote: @Shadow: You would be one of the said new members. Awesome work on Kaze and Shana >:3

Please do not mention KnS and SnS now >"<
Have not worked on them for about 2 weeks already! (well, 1 week for KnS?)
Uni life is really busy, but luckily i have done up the more important stuff for the moment,
Robot Project thrown to groupmate, and written the coding that is required... more or less...
Test over, next test would be in about 3 weeks time.
So, hopefully I can get back on track... Sighz... and i still have novels to read, animes to watch, manga to follow on... I wish there is more time!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I have the RAWs for Volume 1~ >:3

Uni life really takes up a lot of your time eh? Same thing happened to me last year, until the urge to translate was so great that I came back :wink: Just finished my finals and all those stressful stuff, now to get back to translating :twisted:

And yeah, I agree that Akira isn't well-known aside from KKN and Mushi... I find Mushi to be more interesting than KKN though, if only for the massive
Spoiler! :
Time skips and
and psychotic moments :P

Lemme know if you want the RAWS :wink:
ShadowZeroHeart

Sorry, can only read Chinese, and have obtained a copy of the Chinese translations. Just that I dont really enjoy reading novels on the com.

If you ask me, Akira is mainly famous for Mushi. The reason KKN is known to some extent, is because of its anime. The novel is not as good in comparison. I have read the first two volumes of KKN and it was not that special. Though it is still good, it is not GREAT. LOLz, i feel that I may be able to become a novel critic at this rate.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
serenade_beta
Astral Realm

Post by serenade_beta »

HolyCow wrote:And yeah, I agree that Akira isn't well-known aside from KKN and Mushi... I find Mushi to be more interesting than KKN though, if only for the massive
Spoiler! :
Time skips and
and psychotic moments :P
The psychos are interesting, but I really couldn't get myself to love them (especially the well-loved Mitsuki).
Time skip-wise...
Spoiler! :
I hated the extremely big one at the end of vol. 5...
Rinneeeeeee!! (felt the same way Guryuu did)
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:If you ask me, Akira is mainly famous for Mushi. The reason KKN is known to some extent, is because of its anime. The novel is not as good in comparison. I have read the first two volumes of KKN and it was not that special. Though it is still good, it is not GREAT. LOLz, i feel that I may be able to become a novel critic at this rate.
The whole anime for KKN turned me off from the novels. Compared to Mushi to Medama's cast, the characters were quite a bit less likable (especially Kyouka)... And I found the little excerpts on "God" in Mushi to Medama very interesting, but in KKN, it's reduced to some brat (Kyouka) who goes around bossing people and going "I'm God!". :roll:
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Translation up to 60%. If all goes well, I should be able to complete it tomorrow (it's 5.30 am here) and get this listed as an official project :twisted:

P/S: Serenade-beta, do you by any chance have the novel illustrations (both Color and B&W)? Cause the RAW I'm using is in .txt and I can't seem to find any image raws :\

Return to “English”