Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Madan no Ou to Vanadis?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 1577

Wrath
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Post by Wrath »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, IM NOT SLEEPING TONIGHT

6 hours later i finished...
RaiValeriaBloodriver
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by RaiValeriaBloodriver »

Just finished reading all 5 teaser volumes starting yesterday.
Now I cant wait to read the 6th volume when it comes out and get translated.

Seriously this LN is pretty good stuff & I'm grateful for the previews
since it really is very fun to read.
A bit on a short side though understandable since its just a preview

I hope that there would be some translators devoted in getting
this LN fully translated. :P
Demojin
Astral Realm

Post by Demojin »

Thank you for your hard work.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

You know I think Madan no Ou can be moved to a full project since the preview chapters are such high quality. I mean all 5 volumes have been completed so it seems kinda pointless for it to remain as a teaser project.
EnigmaticAxiom
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EnigmaticAxiom »

RaiValeriaBloodriver wrote:Just finished reading all 5 teaser volumes starting yesterday.
Now I cant wait to read the 6th volume when it comes out and get translated.

Seriously this LN is pretty good stuff & I'm grateful for the previews
since it really is very fun to read.
A bit on a short side though understandable since its just a preview

I hope that there would be some translators devoted in getting
this LN fully translated. :P
Preview has nothing to do with it. That is the full length of the novel. The reason it's a preview is because it's a machine translation, but the entire thing was done. There might be a line missing here or there (sometimes the image --> text misses the last line on a page), but I did my best to check for that.
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

EnigmaticAxiom wrote: Preview has nothing to do with it. That is the full length of the novel. The reason it's a preview is because it's a machine translation, but the entire thing was done. There might be a line missing here or there (sometimes the image --> text misses the last line on a page), but I did my best to check for that.
Thank you so much, EnigmaticAxiom, for doing this. I am extremely grateful for the translations, and also for the fact that you translated Volume 2, which being left untranslated would have barred me from reading further in this series. I'm going to download these volumes now and start reading them right away. :D

-God Ginrai
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by florza »

The Madan novels are short to begin with. They're only slighter longer than Blade Dance (less pages, less characters per page, etc).
RaiValeriaBloodriver
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by RaiValeriaBloodriver »

EnigmaticAxiom wrote: Preview has nothing to do with it. That is the full length of the novel. The reason it's a preview is because it's a machine translation, but the entire thing was done. There might be a line missing here or there (sometimes the image --> text misses the last line on a page), but I did my best to check for that.
Ah, I thought the reason its called a preview is because its not the full length of the novel. :o

Thanks for translating this Light Novel :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I think this project could still apply for the upgrade to full project - it has at least one full translated chapter (and with the preview chapters many more)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Darklor wrote:I think this project could still apply for the upgrade to full project - it has at least one full translated chapter (and with the preview chapters many more)
How about upgrading it with a warning on the front page? Or maybe create a new section for machine-translated novels?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Kira0802 wrote:
Darklor wrote:I think this project could still apply for the upgrade to full project - it has at least one full translated chapter (and with the preview chapters many more)
How about upgrading it with a warning on the front page? Or maybe create a new section for machine-translated novels?
But for creating a new section, are there other novels also with the machine translations ? And at this level of accuracy? Simply creating a section for MT will lead to a lot of uploads probably. People mostly copy-paste the Google/Atlas translations.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

This would probably the only one in the category I could think of. Currently, the translation accuracy should be somewhere below a translator's level and above the best machine-engrish translation. Personally, indent even think the latter should be accepted as preview in BT since they are pretty much gibberish, though that's just my POV.

I'm thinking of maybe having teak pages instead. One called Madan no Ou MT (for machine translation) and one for the normal project. The normal project would be most likely staying in the teaser section for now, while the MT moves to a new category. Then, we could run a TLC to find the errors through the previews. Each time a chapter get TLCd, it can be accepted as a normal translation (I see no reason why not) while the preview for the chapter already TLCd can be redirected to the good version.

It's quite the first time that someone as dedicated as EA does machine translation, so I'm not sure what to do neither.
Kira0802

chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

But don't you think that it will be less likely for us getting a re-/translated version as there is already an MT for it ? People will be more interested in the later upcoming volumes than these ones. (for the purpose of translating) The idea for creating a different section as MnOtV MT will not be effective for the main project.
1+1=1
Astral Realm

Post by 1+1=1 »

holy shat! i didn't visited the madan baka tsuki page for only 4 days and when i check today BOOM preview all 5 volume and i was like no way scrolled down and found it was real

Thank you very much have a break you deserve it
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

chancs wrote:But don't you think that it will be less likely for us getting a re-/translated version as there is already an MT for it ? People will be more interested in the later upcoming volumes than these ones. (for the purpose of translating) The idea for creating a different section as MnOtV MT will not be effective for the main project.
It doesn't have to be re-translated. Just to be checked for accuracy.
Well, I'm just suggesting something. I wonder if we should reform those machine previews guideline that were passed, since it was like five years ago.

The only previews I know of are about ZnT, and in that case, a translator just went over it. I think it'd be good if we ask Darklor what to do, he has more seniority than many others. :D

BTW, nobles or aristocrats should be used?
Kira0802

Return to “English”