Absolute Duo

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Absolute Duo?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 586

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Absolute Duo

Post by Rohan123 »

Tell a supervisor to lock the project to anonymous edits, so only registered users can edit it.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Well, for recent translations, it is wiser to wait a bit before locking them from anonymous edits.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Niflheim
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Niflheim »

It seems someone is playing mr.editor that shouldnt on this atm.
Riso raknar, rann álfraudull, nordr at niflheim
nióla sótti; upp nam ár Giöll Úlfrúnar nidr,
hornþytvalldr Himinbiarga

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Give me KanColle in english please Kadokawa Games!
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Niflheim wrote:It seems someone is playing mr.editor that shouldnt on this atm.
May you provide details?
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

RikiNutcase Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am wrote:Which one of you is that anonymous editor....you are starting to change sentences
Only got this, but I'd say it speaks for itself on the subject.

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Niflheim wrote:
RikiNutcase Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am wrote:Which one of you is that anonymous editor....you are starting to change sentences
Only got this, but I'd say it speaks for itself on the subject.
That is why I advised to get this project locked from anonymous edits.
-kuro
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by -kuro »

I liked the manga, and i wanted to read the novel, i didn't know that it was a teaser project
Thanks for the 1st volume
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

There is most likely going to be a crazy edit marathon from a anonymous editors(117.193.174.149), so be on a look out for him if he screws something up. I don't mind changing words to fit the sentence but NO for meaning changing.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So, its now protected against anonymous edits, so that the one who wants to edit has to take responsibility too ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Darklor wrote:So, its now protected against anonymous edits, so that the one who wants to edit has to take responsibility too ;)

Thank you~~~
Gulcasa766
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gulcasa766 »

I don't know why the guy is trying to mess with Furigana when they probably don't have access to the raws, though the other edits don't seem too bad outside of the one I picked at.
fallton13
Reader

Post by fallton13 »

I really enjoyed this LN. My deepest thanks go to Code-Zero and RikiNutcase for the TL of Volume 1. I won't beg, gripe or push for TL of the series because like the TL's here, I have responsibilities and other things I do away from Baka-Tsuki and my computer. So I'll just ask in a friendly manner to not forget this LN series when some your other projects are caught up or finished and are looking to work on something else. It was really good and I hope to see more some day.

P.S. I hope a good editor with some time on his/her hands gets a hold of Volume 1 to make the reading flow a bit easier. I haven't seen the original RAW yet (since it's my first time reading the series) so I don't know if the broken English is on purpose or not. Either way, it was good enough to read but definitely needs edited. I would help out, but I'm a full time college student (21 Credit Hours...3 semesters in a row...ouch) and don't have the time to dedicate to editing right now. Barely enough time to read anything other than textbooks. So thanks to anyone who's done some editing so far, and an advanced thanks for anyone who does more.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

fallton13 wrote:I really enjoyed this LN. My deepest thanks go to Code-Zero and RikiNutcase for the TL of Volume 1. I won't beg, gripe or push for TL of the series because like the TL's here, I have responsibilities and other things I do away from Baka-Tsuki and my computer. So I'll just ask in a friendly manner to not forget this LN series when some your other projects are caught up or finished and are looking to work on something else. It was really good and I hope to see more some day.

P.S. I hope a good editor with some time on his/her hands gets a hold of Volume 1 to make the reading flow a bit easier. I haven't seen the original RAW yet (since it's my first time reading the series) so I don't know if the broken English is on purpose or not. Either way, it was good enough to read but definitely needs edited. I would help out, but I'm a full time college student (21 Credit Hours...3 semesters in a row...ouch) and don't have the time to dedicate to editing right now. Barely enough time to read anything other than textbooks. So thanks to anyone who's done some editing so far, and an advanced thanks for anyone who does more.
i am a Engineering Degree student.....not an English professor......so don't expect sentence structures like what you read in harry potter.......heck i see more numbers than what a normal human should.

And i am continuing this after DAL8.
Gulcasa766
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gulcasa766 »

I personally find it easy to read, though I'm used to various types of writing so that might help. Some of the sentences are probably written like it in the RAWs since that's just how some of the characters talk. I'd have more time to edit but instead of school, I have work and that's a much bigger situation then me sitting down and editing something as a hobby.
Niflheim

Post by Niflheim »

Not sure what he is on about. If he doesnt have the spare time to undertake the magnitude of work he is asking of someone else, frankly he should just be quiet, smile and be happy he gets to read it without the language courses.

-- Hrafnagaldr Óðins

Return to “English”