Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha?

It was good, please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 890

PROzess
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Post by PROzess »

Mytsy wrote:Yeah changed them to italic words now those that were supposed to be and removed the part 3.
Thanks.

More:
“Oh please, Basara-san, how could that be? I am still in middle school.”
Maria shook her hand while laughing an Ahaha.
“You are going to take care of us now, Basara-san, so it’s a kind of moving in gift.”
“That’s the worst for a moving in gift. Make it something more decent.”
“…In other words, you’re saying ‘The game isn’t satisfying, give me a decent body’?”
“Eh…?”
“I, I understand. It’s embarrassing, but if that’s what you desire, Basara-san…”
In front of Basara, whose eyes were on fire, Maria took off her apron. Shyly, she reached her hand into her miniskirt and when she rolled it up, she fidgeted around purposefully.
“Uh- Uhm… I’m not that familiar with training, but starting with it in the bright morning is a rather high level, isn’t it?”
“Like hell I’m doing it! Besides, training itself is already something unmanageable for a middle/high schooler!”
“Mhm, what’s the ruckus about?”
There was a voice from the door of the living room. It was Jin in pyjamas and the newspaper pinched under his arm. Basara hastily tried to make an excuse, but Maria reddened her cheeks before that.
“Ehm… Actually, I’m going to get my first training from Basara now.”
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Finished TsukiTsuki chapter (check it out (shameless advertisment :P)), so more Shinmai now.
“I already told you, I’m not going to---”
“---Hee, is that so.”
Following, Mio came into the living room and sent Basara a glance like she was looking at a beast.
“Earlier… you pushed me down and now you’re having a Youth Special Edition with Maria. Hee.”
“Don’t make me out to be the bad guy. My legs were just numb!”
And then Basara remembered with “Oh right”.
“Listen, about the earlier software, Maria had---”
“Eh? What are you talking about?”
Instantly she played dumb.
“I have no idea what you mean. Basara-san, please do not push the responsibilities of your hobbies onto me.”
“Kuh… Making an innocent face only now.”
Even though she had put her hand into her skirt and was ready for training before, just to tease him.
“Dad…say something.”
Father and son had lived together for years. His thoughts should be conveyed. Upon that, Jin, who had sat down at the table earlier, raised his head from the newspaper with a “Huh?”, then rested his chin on his hand with a “Mhm”.
“I understand that you’re in high spirits over getting two cute little sisters--- but please, no crimes.”
“It didn’t convey at all!”
So unreasonable, Basara thought. This was supposed to be his home, yet why did he feel so away?

When starting a new living together, there were absolutely necessary things.
That day. While cleaning up the remaining luggage from the moving in the morning, they all went to the furniture store in the afternoon and bought newly needed things like curtains or sheets. Just looking around once in the broad store took a surprising amount of time. When they returned home, the sun was already setting.
---And presently. Toujou Basara was pedalling his bicycle.
To get to know the new city they moved to even a little better, he went around the neighbourhood.
“The evening is a bit more relaxing.”
His muttered words were not a monologue. On the luggage carrier behind him sat Mio.
“Why do I have to…”
She mumbled dissatisfied while twining her arms around his waist. Riding a bicycle together with a girl. Moreover, one with huge breasts. A heart-pounding event for a man, yet the atmosphere was really strained.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Yay, more Shinmai! :D
Thanks PROzess.
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

I want to thanks to you for transelating this novel, I read the manga and it is amazing.

I am very thankful for you ( PROzess you are realy amazing - a super translator )
Link to my user on B-T
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Huh what? *rubs eyes*

PROzess, never expected you to be here of all places. Never expected you to join the likes of js06, Vexed, and who-else-did-I-miss in boarding the LN translation train :lol: yes yes, I know you are not going to commit to making this your a personal project of yours, but still...... I bet this must be really ecchi stuff :P

If you want pages locked from editing, you can let me know. Enjoy ^^

What's the thing with Tsuki-Tsuki? I kind of missed it.
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Why do exams even exist?
Sigh...
I'm not starting a new TsukiTsuki chapter until my exam on Tuesday is over, so have some Shinmai in the meantime.

I'm also bolding the italic parts from now to make it more obvious for the editor. that doesn't mean though that the bold format needs to be carried over. Keep it a plain italic like before. (Not sure if there will come any instances where real bold format will be needed, but I'll place a note at that time beforehand~)
“Don’t say that… I don’t know my way around here, but you come here often.”
The high school Mio attended was close to the house they moved in to. Therefore when he went out, he had asked Mio if she could show him around the city. It seemed like she had understand that the software from this morning was a prank from Maria, but the awkwardness wouldn’t disappear so easily. Mio had openly made a displeased expression and complained, but it the end she accepted to show him around.
“Hey… Basara, are you really attending the same school as me?”
“Seems so.”
In response to the question from behind, Basara spoke words of affirmation.
---The school transfer was suggested by Jin. He could have commuted to his old school from the new house, but Mio’s high school was in walking distance. It also had a good tradition, so he decided to transfer. He merely spent one term as a high schooler yet. Of course it wasn’t like he hadn’t gotten along with his classmates, but he had no regrets about leaving that school.
…Besides.
There was the stuff about Mio getting attacked previously. If Basara could ward off such a thing or risk even a little bit by attending the same school, a transfer was standing for reason.
Behind Mio just said “Mhm”, not stating if she was against it or not. Basara and Mio slowly advanced on the bicycle in the madder red coloured city.
“…Hey. Can I ask what kind of dream you had this morning?”
“….Aw.”
Suddenly asked with a casual tone, Basara scratched his cheek. Before Mio came to wake up him, he should have had a fierce nightmare. From Mio’s viewpoint, it was an obvious question.
…I made her be anxious about me.
Basara pondered what to do in an atmosphere, where Mio wouldn’t urge him to answer.
Unfortunately, he couldn’t tell an ordinary person like Mio about his circumstances. Therefore,
“In the past… when I lived in the country-side, lots of stuff happened. You could call it a trauma… Even now I sometimes dream of that time.”
“…I see.”
Mio said so shortly and didn’t question any further. Still, for a little bit, he felt the atmosphere between them soften up. This must have been Mio’s consideration.
Thanks.
If Basara were to tell her everything--- he most likely would be unable to live together with Mio and Maria any longer.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

larethian wrote:
What's the thing with Tsuki-Tsuki? I kind of missed it.
You did miss Tsuki Tsuki? Or what did you miss?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

No, just the Tsuki Tsuki LN translation, I think.

Oh, well, I'm looking forward to how long PROzess will keep this one (Shinmai) up. If he can keep going until the Maria-centric vol 3, and if he'll keep then... I guess that makes me a bad person after all?
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Kadi wrote:Oh, well, I'm looking forward to how long Prozess will keep this one (Shinmai) up. If he can keep going until the Maria-centric vol 3, and if he'll keep then... I guess that makes me a bad person after all?
Please write my name properly, I'm kind of sensitive about it :P

And I will continue Shinmai, at whatever pace will be possible, until there is another translator interested in it. If in the end there is no one and I end up tling all of it, so be it.

So, more pages:
Since they were asked to buy some ingredients along with their touring, Basara and Mio headed for the supermarket.
“We bought a lot…”
As they had just moved, they ended up not just buying ingredients, but also all kinds of seasonings.
“I’ll go get the bicycle first. The stuff here is heavy, so just come to the exit with the cart.”
“Mm, okay.”
Leaving the nodding Mio behind, Basara left the store first.
He arrived at the parking lot for the bicycles and unlocked his bicycle lock, whereupon
“---Can I ask what kind of dream you had this morning?”
He remembered Mio’s words and the bad dream from this morning flashbacked in his mind. Instantly,
“……---!”
Basara forgot how to breath for a moment and pressed onto his chest as his heartbeat jumped up.
---How better would it be, if he could just forget. But, he couldn't afford to forget.
The incident five years ago. Basara was the victim and at the same time also the assailant.
Therefore, Toujou Basara was going to shoulder this pain for the rest of his life.
“…Aw, not good.”
Remembering that Mio was waiting for him, Basara pushed his bicycle to the store’s doorway. Upon that, he immediately spotted Mio crowded by people.
Geh, Basara grimaced. Mio was surrounding by four obviously bad guys.
And, Mio was shaking off the arm that was over-familiar put on her shoulder and glared at the guys fiercely.
“---Don’t touch me. I’ll kill you a hundred times, if you touch me! Hey, Basara!”
Such aggressiveness. An average high school boy might have gotten frightened by it. But unfortunately it had no real effect on these four guys. With a smirk on their faces, they wouldn’t leave Mio alone.
“…Ehm, do you have any business with my companion?”
So for now, Basara tried to call out to them peacefully.
“---Huh? Who are you?”
“Well, her companion.”
“Mhm… So what?”
Huh? Wouldn’t one normally back off when realizing the girl had a guy with her?
In the kind of tense atmosphere, Mio looked at him with a stiff expression.
…Well, what now?
When Basara pondered, the closest guy came closer with his head inclined diagonally while chewing messy on his gum. It was unknown if it was to threat or to provoke, either way he was good at making a pissed face.
“Basara, huh? What a lame name---”
“---Not so much as your face.”
Saying so displeased, Basara pulled on the handlebar of his bicycle to raise it up. Letting the front wheel floating on the spot, the bicycle made a wheelie.
“Huh---?”
The guy looked up to it attracted and into this very face, Basara drove down the tire.
A direct hit. “Gueh”, raising a short voice, the guy was knocked over to the back.
---On this sudden happening, everyone present there was dumbfounded.
Basara naturally made his bicycle stand again, then passed through the remaining three guys to reach Mio. There he grabbed the cloth bag with the purchased goods in the cart’s basket.
“Itsuki---!”
With an eye for the situation, Basara quickly opened the cap of the newly bought small bottle of seasoning and threw the contents at the guys that came to attack him.
“Guah!?” “Ass, hole…Acchoo!” “My, My eyes, it hurts…. Acchoo!”
Well, of course. It was 298 yen priced, plain old pepper.
“---Hey, stop standing there dumfounded and run!” “Eh? Eh?”
Grabbing the hand of the confused Mio and the cloth bag from the cart’s basket, he ran off.
Right now, getting away from here as quickly as possible took priority. Basara rashly pushed the cloth bag into the bicycle front basket.
“Hold on, we’re driving!”
Letting Mio sit on behind, he took off at full speed. At the same time.
“Guah----!?”
The bicycle treaded on something. Most likely, it was the guy that was still laying on the ground after being hit with the tire. However, there was no time to feel sorry.
Basara pedalled standing up, retreating from the place at full speed.
And then--- they roared down the main road together on the bicycle for a while.
They shouldn’t chase after them anymore, just with that timing, the traffic light turned red.
“Fuh, we should be safe here…”
His breathing was a bit out of order from the dash in midsummer and sweat gradually spread over his forehead. There,
“…Sorry. It’s my fault.”
Suddenly, Mio’s voice from behind became laudable. Mio placed her forehead on Basara’s back and leaned her weight a bit against him. Basara turned around over his shoulder and looked at Mio. As she was fretting over having Basara involved with her own troubles, Mio had cast down her eyes and was looking down with a bitter expression.
…So she can make a face like this too…
A new expression on Mio before his eyes. But, Basara didn’t want her to keep that expression. He couldn’t find any suitable words to say---Still,
“Ehm--- How about we take a little detour home?”
At the same time the traffic light turned green, Basara turned the handlebar, which had started to let the bicycle run.
“…Eh?”
Mio raised a surprised voice on the change of course away from their house.
But Basara didn’t stop. It was evening. If they went now, they should arrive at a perfect time.

The place Basara took Mio to was a park, proud of it’s broad ground.
There existed also a scenic outpost called the setting sun hill, but since it was famous with the locals, Mio, who attended school here, must have known about it. Therefore, Basara dared to take her to a rarely visited place.
It wasn’t a public viewing platform, but a point where you could get an unbroken view of the city.
So, wait, wut. First Basara sets off to scout the new city and even takes Mio along, since he doesn't know his way around, but suddenly he knows a super secret viewing spot? PLOTHOLE!
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Kadi wrote:No, just the Tsuki Tsuki LN translation, I think.

Oh, well, I'm looking forward to how long Prozess will keep this one (Shinmai) up. If he can keep going until the Maria-centric vol 3, and if he'll keep then... I guess that makes me a bad person after all?
How does that make you a bad person?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Rohan123 wrote:
Kadi wrote:No, just the Tsuki Tsuki LN translation, I think.

Oh, well, I'm looking forward to how long Prozess will keep this one (Shinmai) up. If he can keep going until the Maria-centric vol 3, and if he'll keep then... I guess that makes me a bad person after all?
How does that make you a bad person?
That doesn't matter, even doing nothing Kadi is a bad guy, I can assure that. :mrgreen:
Call me Nurin!

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

PROzess wrote:
Kadi wrote:Oh, well, I'm looking forward to how long PROzess will keep this one (Shinmai) up. If he can keep going until the Maria-centric vol 3, and if he'll keep then... I guess that makes me a bad person after all?
Please write my name properly, I'm kind of sensitive about it :P

And I will continue Shinmai, at whatever pace will be possible, until there is another translator interested in it. If in the end there is no one and I end up tling all of it, so be it.
Verzeihung, mein Herr. (Is this correct?)

Also... FIXED!

Rohan: I basically I'm just standing on the sidelines, watching and waiting for the trainwreck, doing nothing... I think usually such behavior is not considered good? And basically it's just as Nura says anyway... (wait, why does something tell me that's nothing to be happy about)
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
PROzess

Post by PROzess »

Kadi wrote:Verzeihung, mein Herr. (Is this correct?)

Also... FIXED!

Rohan: I basically I'm just standing on the sidelines, watching and waiting for the trainwreck, doing nothing... I think usually such behavior is not considered good? And basically it's just as Nura says anyway... (wait, why does something tell me that's nothing to be happy about)
It is correct, though I'm no fan of my own native language :P

Also, standing at the side doing nothing is still better than complaining about release paces.
At least I would like to consider no reactions as favorable :)

Anyway, back to the actual translation.
Don't know if anyone actual gives a poke about it, but
But Basara didn’t stop. It was evening. If they went now, they should arrive at a perfect time.
[BLANK LINE]
The place Basara took Mio to was a park, proud of it’s broad ground.
This page had a blank line, which wasn't copied over to the page. Just saying.

Also, the plothole (or at least what I considered to be a plothole) gets cleared up:
“Waah…!”
Mio, looking down on the cityscape, raised a voice of surprised and delight. Just like Basara had predicted, they had arrived hat the perfect timing. The world was equivalent coloured in a gentle madder red, a spanning sunset scenery.
“So pretty… But you just moved her, so how did you know of this place?”
“When my dad decided on the house, I was with him and I heard that the park was famous, so I came here alone while dad signed the contract. And then I found this place by chance.”
Basara lined up besides Mio.
“Quite the splendid view, isn’t it.”
“Yeah. I never knew… that there was a place like this here.”
“Let’s come at night next time. The night scenery at the park is famous as well. I’m sure it’ll be pretty from here as well.”
He suggested a little promise for the future. Upon that,
“Yeah… You’re right. …Next time then.”
Suddenly Mio’s expression clouded. From their position they could see the earlier supermarket as well. She might have remembered about the quarrel with the guys. Basara scratched his cheek with his finger and an “Ehm”.
“Today… This morning, you came to wake me up.”
On these words, Mio looked at him. So, Basara spoke with a slow tone.
“A family, you see--- is probably something where any troubles or bothers for each other can be forgiven.”
“Eh…?”
“To you, I’m a somewhat favourable existence, on the level of coming to wake me up, right now, correct? Of course it’s not completely settled yet if our parents will marry… But we’re going to live together anyway. By helping each other out with trivial things and acknowledging each other, I believe we’re slowly becoming a family.”
Because
“At least, I think that what I did at the supermarket was a natural thing to do. I‘m sure, it’s the same for my dad. If you or Maria-chan should get into that kind of trouble again, my dad or I are going to help you anytime. But, that’s not something you have to worry or feel reluctant about. I mean, it’s the same natural thing as coming to wake me up in the morning.”
For now, he had tried to somehow put his feelings into words.
“……..”
However, Mio shut her mouth and stayed quiet. Maybe he was too roundabout?
…I’m not good with words after all.
At times like this, Jin would have been able to convey it with more plain and simple words, but to his regret, Basara couldn’t speak as confident as his father.
“Ehm, what I mean is.”
Dropping his gaze to the ground, he tried to somehow consolidate his words, whereupon,
“…So cheeky.”
Mio suddenly mumbled, to which Basara raised his head. Besides him, Mio wore a smile.
“Right now, you might have a been a bit like a big brother.”
“…Really?”
“Yeah. Just a bit though.”
Ohh. Kind of a good mood.
“Then how about we forgive and forget the incidents at---” “Not yet.”
Said coldly, Mio’s voice was yet bright. The earlier tense atmosphere seemed like a lie. So Basara thought. Their way to becoming a real family might still be long though.
But right now, Mio and he might have shortened the distance by a step. Therefore,
“Now then, about time we go back. I’m getting hungry anyways.”
Back to the same house--- like a family. Basara turned on his heels and headed for the parked bicycle.
“…Yeah. Maria and Jin-san are also waiting.”
He heard Mio’s calm voice from behind, then her footsteps followed.
Their two shadows slowly advanced in the same direction.
[BLANK LINE]
---But,
“------”
With his back to her and only seeing her shadow, Basara couldn’t see Mio’s expression at that time.
Mio’s bitter expression that was filled with an ever greater sadness than before.
[BLANK LINE]
[BLANK LINE]
A week had passed, since they started to live together.
All the same, they still hadn’t got away from the “More than acquaintances, less than family” stage.
Still, compared to the beginning, a lot of the awkwardness had disappeared--- At that time,
“---It turns out I’m going overseas for work for a while tomorrow.”
“Eh…?”
Upon coming home, Basara inadvertently asked in return on Jin’s sudden words at the front door.
^dat page has a blank lines as well. Just saying.

28/52 Pages.
Mytsy
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mytsy »

*rolls eyes and pretends not to see*Entschuldigen Sie mich mein Hauptmann.
I really need to pay more attention to the changes(blank lines,italic words etc.) rather than just copy/past the text then edit it to make it sound more better.
Last edited by Mytsy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see."-Arthur Schopenhauer
"The future is not a gift,it's a ladder of achievements."-Albert Einstein
"Be realistic,demand the impossible."
"Don't play to win. Play not to lose."
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, if I were you I wouldnt post that F word - thats a bad one... at least in a sentence like that... though there are some rare neutral uses for that...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “English”