Rakuin no Monshou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Rakuin no Monshou" ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 652

Dohma
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rakuin no Monshou

Post by Dohma »

Wow! That's a lot of new translators all in a week. Anyway, one of them is going to start off with Volume 2, so I translated the 'spoiler' on the back of the novel. You'll get to see what the next volume's going to be about. For those who don't want to be spoiled - Volume 1 is close to being finished, so be a little more patient.
Spoiler! :
Orba triumphantly returns to the capital after winning his first campaign. But the emperor’s autocracy is starting to draw attention. Hearing troubling rumours of an anti-imperial faction, Orba participates in a large gladiatorial meet at the nation’s founding festival. And aside from the anti-imperial faction, there’s Noue, a messenger from Garbera, Ineli, the crown prince’s stepsister who’s burning with hostility for Vileena, and Fedom, who’s manipulating Orba, turning the imperial capital into a melting pot of various speculations. Amongst it all, Orba is swinging between his two roles as gladiator and crown prince. At the same time, Vileena holds complicated feelings for Orba and worries about her position as a princess from a foreign country. Sure enough, their relationship, as well as the capital, is headed for a political strife…
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

No, I mean cancel the translation project and leave it at "His organs turn cold as the blade pierce the skin" :D[/quote]

You can't. If Orba doesn't live through Volume 1, then I have no motivation to translate Volume 2, at least Chapter 1 of it. Wait. Or maybe...he gets revived by a necromancer and seeks out even more revenge! I don't mind adding that part in for you.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Detalz wrote:No, I mean cancel the translation project and leave it at "His organs turn cold as the blade pierce the skin" :D

You can't. If Orba doesn't live through Volume 1, then I have no motivation to translate Volume 2, at least Chapter 1 of it. Wait. Or maybe...he gets revived by a necromancer and seeks out even more revenge! I don't mind adding that part in for you.[/quote]

There there...

Xin made it to where Orba, I think will survive. Cliffhanger.... enough to motivate you? :lol:
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

How about this AMX, let's make it like silver cross, if you contribute to it I will also do my own share.
Patron God of NTRed
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

cramped wrote:How about this AMX, let's make it like silver cross, if you contribute to it I will also do my own share.
That's cheating. :shock: :| :roll: :cry: :lol:
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

chancs wrote:
cramped wrote:How about this AMX, let's make it like silver cross, if you contribute to it I will also do my own share.
That's cheating. :shock: :| :roll: :cry: :lol:
How's that cheating sir XD?
Patron God of NTRed
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

chancs wrote:That's cheating. :shock: :| :roll: :cry: :lol:
There is no cheating here, Sir Chancs. Only fair-play and foul fair-play.

Man, talking as noble is hard. But here's a sample of what's not in V2 Chapter 1. :P
Spoiler! :
News of Prince Gil's defeat quickly spread throughout the empire. Not only that, but Princess Vileena had also been taken. The many nobles and aristocrats within the Main Palace were in disarray.
"Silence!" the emperor shouted out, as the crowd began to settle down.
"Fedom Aulin, Simon Rodloom, explain yourselves!" he demanded.
"I beg your forgiveness, your majesty. It seems that Ende's forces were waiting in ambush and---"
"And what of Gil? You mean to tell me you couldn't protect one boy, my own successor, and let such a fate befall him?"
"I'm sorry your majesty, but I was separated---"
"Enough with your excuses! The both of you will be executed for your incompetence," the king yelled with a beet-red face.
The whole time, Fedom stared down in silence. Those damn Endians just had to interfere with my plans. Damnit, I'll have my revenge, he thought as the two of them were carried off.
[/quote]
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Huh... so everything is fair in.. translating :idea: :?:

So for now Gil is dead. You killed him :lol:
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

You make me sound like the bad guy here. I'm just a normal guy who got caught up in some sick, twisted plot that left the main protagonist dead. That's it, ok?!?! *cry*
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by florza »

ArchmageXin wrote:Would anyone rage if I stop my translation where I am and label it

"BAD ENDING" and call it a day? :mrgreen:
It's all cool, come back to Silver Cross bro.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

ArchmageXin wrote:Would anyone rage if I stop my translation where I am and label it

"BAD ENDING" and call it a day? :mrgreen:
Spoiler! :
dude are u gonna spoil the ending of rakuin no monshou?or do u want me to do it for you? XD
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

From what I heard, the ending was different than the usual. I liked it.

Something different than the regular
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

Whoa, talking about the ending already. The project's no where near close to finishing though. Don't spoil it for me =(.

Anyway, I'll admit I never really had much of a knack for naming. Figured someone could help me out with the romanization of a name.
The original japanese name is: トロア・ヘルゲイ ( ♂)
Romanization: toroa herugei

I'm currently going with Troy Hërgei, which is slightly deviant from the original romanization. Any better/closer suggestions? I'll give a cookie to whoever does.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Detalz wrote:Whoa, talking about the ending already. The project's no where near close to finishing though. Don't spoil it for me =(.

Anyway, I'll admit I never really had much of a knack for naming. Figured someone could help me out with the romanization of a name.
The original japanese name is: トロア・ヘルゲイ ( ♂)
Romanization: toroa herugei

I'm currently going with Troy Hërgei, which is slightly deviant from the original romanization. Any better/closer suggestions? I'll give a cookie to whoever does.
Toroa ---> Troa/Toloa [sounds more rakuin-ish XD ]
Turoi -->Troy
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Detalz
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Detalz »

TheCatWalk wrote: Toroa ---> Troa/Toloa [sounds more rakuin-ish XD ]
Turoi -->Troy
Toroi --> Troy. Unfortunately, japanese doesn't have a tu sound :( .

Toroa ---> Trois ---> Troy
V
Troya

Huh, I don't know how I considered Toroah, Troya, Troah, but not Troa. Not bad. Though I question the Rakuin-ness of Toloa. A Toloa bear doesn't sound half bad though.

Return to “English”