Ghost Hunt

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please state why)
1%
No (Please state why)
0%

Total votes: 295

azuki
Astral Realm

Post by azuki »

Sort of odd to jump into this thread so late after it started, but I only just found you guys today. I'd be interested in helping out with the Ghost Hunt translation -- lately all I've been translating is manga, freelance, and I could use a go at something meatier to keep my skills up.

Plus... <3 Naru.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Awesome! If you don't have the raws, PM HolyCow or the_naming_game (both might be available on the channel, but HolyCow has school and stuff) for them.

If you start translating, just post the scripts somewhere and someone else will take care of the formating.
azuki
Astral Realm

Post by azuki »

Okiedoke, I'll send HolyCow a PM now. :3
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Re: Ghost Hunt Novel

Post by HolyCow »

Please give a warm welcome to our newest translator derawr. She will be working on the Ghost Hunt project from now, which means we can officially take it off the Teaser page and make it an official project.

derawr has already translated a bit of the second novel, which I've uploaded on the Ghost Hunt page.

Cheers 8)
/me claws out throat and dies
derawr
Astral Realm

Post by derawr »

lol, I'm actually a girl. But, hey, no worries. :D

I've just recently got blind sided by a bunch of papers and midterms but I'll try to get chapter 2 out in a week or two. And I think I should say that I'm not that great of a translator...I've never tried to do it before, really. So if there are any problems with my translation, just tell me and I'll try not to make the same mistake again.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Welcome to the forums nee-san. 8)
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Welcome derawr. Sorry for getting your gender wrong on first try. I only realized I made a mistake after reading your userpage =P
/me claws out throat and dies
sterling01
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sterling01 »

derawr wrote:lol, I'm actually a girl.
That's impossible there are no girls on the internet.....

Only very lonely guys :twisted:

I kid :D
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

*cheers*

finally! its being translated again!
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Hmm... This is just a suggestion, but you (the translator) might want to consider retranslating the first chapter and the prologue. The quality isn't the best... Of course, you don't have to, just a suggestion.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmm...someone did a "speed up" translation for chapter 2 for this series.

goes by the name of "M" .

(The names, Bond, James Bond. ! )

Just need to know if the script is a complete and is it translated by this user? by human or machine?

Also that the user "Derawr" is registered for it. (must be true. girls don't exist on the interweb. :| )
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:hmm...someone did a "speed up" translation for chapter 2 for this series.

Er no, he didn't translate anything and it's not the chapter 2 but "prologue version2" ;)
He is an editor and he has edit the "prologue version2" in the talk page instead of directly editing the page.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vaelis wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:hmm...someone did a "speed up" translation for chapter 2 for this series.

Er no, he didn't translate anything and it's not the chapter 2 but "prologue version2" ;)
He is an editor and he has edit the "prologue version2" in the talk page instead of directly editing the page.
eh?

*goes double-check*

woops.

i guess the "posting on the talk page" thing got me confused.

But really, that is strange. have to leave him/her another message on the wiki now, not to do things that confuse me.....like do things normally.

:/
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Mies
Astral Realm

Post by Mies »

My bad, I thought I new the system after viewing a few novels and exemplifying them, but I was wrong. I'll try to learn how to do things more to the way they're done here.

-Is M-
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Mies wrote:My bad, I thought I new the system after viewing a few novels and exemplifying them, but I was wrong. I'll try to learn how to do things more to the way they're done here.

-Is M-

Woops, forgot to leave a different message for you on the Wiki, oh well.

But yes, your method was unusual, if you wish to edit the script please do it directly, this is because:

1) It leaves a clear history, and it makes it easier for everyone to see your edits and to compare them. Transparency is important here.

2) The discussion pages, are used for translators notes regarding items in the script.

@Onizukademongto

Return to “English”