Ghost Hunt

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please state why)
1%
No (Please state why)
0%

Total votes: 295

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

yay ghost hunt novel!
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

A quick wiki search reveals that its a pretty old novel, dating back to 1989 (when it was first published). It ended its run in 1992, with 7 volumes, and had a manga adaptation in 1998. It's gonna be tough getting RAWs for this one...
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

damn.... so close...
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

This is the friggin last time I'm watching Ghost Hunt 2 am in the morning, alone in my room, with everyone else asleep. And I'm only up to the 2nd file/arc.

Dolls have always appeared creepy to me (those creepy, lifeless, horrible eyes!), and needless to say the 2nd Arc is creeping me out more than the first... Now I'm going to have to watch another 2 episode of it to solve the mystery or I'll never be able to get a good night's sleep... >.<
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

yar, old dolls are creepy. Especially that one when its head falls off.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

It's official. There is no chinese version of Ghost Hunt out in the market.

Issisjie did do a fan translation of it into chinese, but s/he dropped it midway and decided to only translate the parts not featured in the anime (I/E: more NaruXMai interaction).

I have the RAWs for the Japanese version (which happen to be older than I am btw) for those who want to try translate them. I myself will probably not be translating it simply due to the lack of Chinese RAWs and lack of knowledge in Japanese.

:(
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, lets keep that in mind then.

We have the JAPANESE raws, but no translator.

so if anyone likes Ghost Hunt and would like to give it a crack. you know who to haunt. (ehehe)

:roll:
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue May 22, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

onizuka-gto wrote: so if anyone likes Ghost Hunt and would like to give it a crack. you know who to haunt. (ehehe)

:roll:
ok I can ignore many things but that joke has got to be the worse joke in the history of mankind...

HC! quickly go spread the SPR to the japanese translators! (btw how did you get those raws? I was like 2 months old when they stopped making them)
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The_naming_game gave me a link which contained Otsuichi's works (Read: The author of GOTH). The creator of Ghost Hunt (or rather, the Evil Spirits series, as it's called in the novels), Ono Fuyumi, happened to be in that link as well (probably due to their matching initials).

However, everything's in Japanese, so I'll be unable to translate anything. You could try asking some of the Jap-->Eng translatros...
Kaie
Astral Realm

Post by Kaie »

I've been doing some Ghost Hunt translations, but these are very loose since I'm not a native speaker in either of these two languages, nor do I have much experience in translating, so I have some trouble expressing the meaning and making it flow, but I kind of found it to be an interesting activity.

Here is what I have done up to now, it may serve you as some kind of teaser, but I'll warn you again not to read it if you don't want to get yourself spoiled of the original meaning ^^
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

=O

Awesome! From your post, I assume we can port this over to the wiki as some sort of teaser?

Also, it says, "More to come after a week." in your blog. If that's true, can we have Ghost Hunt as a real project? This way, people can edit it, etc.
Kaie
Astral Realm

Post by Kaie »

Feel free to port it to the wiki. The thing is that I haven't used the original tenses. In the book the narrator uses present simple and present perfect when describing the surroundings and for the main heroine's thoughts, but also uses past tense where the heroine is talking of an action she is doing. As I already said, I'm not experienced at all and don't have an idea what would be the best tenses to use. Moreover I don't really like the tenses I used, they are probably the most inaccurate ones possible, so if you are going to post it on the wiki you might want to get the tenses edited. (the first nine lines of the prologue are in the correct tenses for an example)

About it being an official project, I'm not very sure if this is a good idea, I'm not committed enough to put out translations on a regular basis, I'm translating only when I feel like it, and that happens not very often, with me being lazy and watching anime all the time ^^
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

any amount of ghost hunt novels would work~
Kaie
Astral Realm

Post by Kaie »

Here is a version with the original tenses and some translation improvements. I'll be keeping the old version on my blog, you may use whichever you like. That's for now, the next time I snap out of my laziness, I'll get the next chapter done.

Best Regards ^^
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I've made a teaser page (located here). I've ported over the first chapter (the one on the blog) but the second version of the first chapter is buggy on my computer.

If anyone can copy and paste it over, it would be a big help. You don't even need to worry about formating. I'll do all of that. Details are located here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who does.

Return to “English”