Ghost Hunt

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please state why)
1%
No (Please state why)
0%

Total votes: 295

sqwark
Astral Realm

Re: Ghost Hunt Novel

Post by sqwark »

Hi! Sqwark here. I've been translating GH from Chinese to English for the past 6 months or so but didn't bother with registering on the forum.

Anyway, I'm done with volume 5. I can't do the author's notes because it wasn't translated into chinese. The chinese raw for volume 6 also includes only the prologue and one or two parts of the first chapter. Hence, I will skip volume 6 for the moment.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your contribution to the Ghost Hunt project. I thoroughly enjoyed the anime so I can't wait to check out the novel. 8)

Keep up the good work!
plchat
Astral Realm

Post by plchat »

Hello and nice to meet you and thank you for translate GH. I just wondering that are you still translate GH or not? or rather to say is this project still continue translate or not? I really want to know what's happening with story. I like anime and manga so when I found out that origin came from novel I was happy and glad that there's some group willingly to translate. I won't ask when next one coming but all I ask weather baka-tsuki group still translate or not. If not I won't read or else it'll make me want more thank you again :bow:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

As of April 2010 it still have had a translator, so one can still hope that the translation is in progress (at least for vol.7) I dont know anything against that assumption.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
plchat
Astral Realm

Post by plchat »

I see. Lets hope that someone willingly translate the rest of it. I dont want to read the book that later no cont that's all. It's going to be in pain after reading and want to know what's happen next but never know. And also thank you for reply :bow:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I just got a draft translate script of Volume 6 prologue.

Been looking though it, and editing it a bit, as it has alot of Translator in-notes.

I cannot comment how good the translation is, but the English certainly needs some cleaning up.

At the moment I don't know who it's from, only Holycow (one of my special agents!) knows who it is.
But it looks promisingly and I just need a second opinion from squark, who should be getting a copy of it soon.

But if it's okay by Sqwark and i find out who to credit thi, then I have no problem publishing this script.

So, please stay tuned, we might have an additional translator for this project.

:]
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Sqwark
Astral Realm

Post by Sqwark »

Hi,
Just announcing the completion of Volume 7. The script needs someone to check the name translations, though.
~Sqwark
Jurgen
Astral Realm

Post by Jurgen »

Hello guys! I'm the representative of the fan translations team from Belarus. :) Recently we deceided to translate Ghost Hunt novels into Russian but there is a problem: We do not have any Jap RAWS to check with 'em. :( Please, can anyone share it with us. It would be so great that I'll come to the buckets then.
Help us, please! If you have one, send 'em to my e-mail: [email protected] or DL to some file hosting.
Thanks!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So if you can get the raws you would also translate still untranslated parts in Russian? (and than back into English too? :mrgreen: ) (Sorry, but I dont know of any raws, but you could try to pm HolyCow for those for translation reasons ;) since he has stated in this thread, that he have some...)

Btw. What did happen with the translated script of the prologue of Vol. 6?

Darklor

Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Darklor wrote: (Sorry, but I dont know of any raws, but you could try to pm HolyCow for those for translation reasons ;) since he has stated in this thread, that he have some...)
I have the raws of almost every Baka-Tsuki projects :)
Jurgen
Astral Realm

Post by Jurgen »

2 Vaelis: Oh, thanks a lot I didn't expect it will be that fast :D And one more question: are there any illustrations in the novels? If there are I'd be glad to have them ^__^
2 Darklor: Yes we'll TRY to translate from Japaneese but it'll take lots of time :) Now we are working on the first book so... You can ask me in a year maybe...
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Jurgen wrote:And one more question: are there any illustrations in the novels? If there are I'd be glad to have them ^__^
No illustrations.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I have a question: On the project page the first eight novels are listed, but not the last two. Does this mean that no one is going to try to translate these two?
Jurgen
Astral Realm

Post by Jurgen »

Well then, 2 chapters are ready. How can I input them into the main page?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Which chapters?

For me was it always the easiest way by creating redlinks at the main page to the translated chapters and add the translation at the page where the link goes too.

Darklor

Return to “English”