Ghost Hunt

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please state why)
1%
No (Please state why)
0%

Total votes: 295

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Ghost Hunt

Post by Setherzam »

>.> I'm not sure if I'm qualified to make any suggestions but hey if Monkey can....

Anyways I was checking up the wiki article on Ghost Hunt and saw that the manga and the anime were based on a novel. I'm not sure how many volumes are (either 1 or someone dosn't know.) but I found the anime and manga interesting.

*bows down to the translators*

I can help somewhat with the editing but.....
Last edited by cautr on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Name consistency
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

There's a topic called 'REQUESTING NEW TOPICS - PLEASE READ' you know.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=936

:roll:

EDIT: At any rate, I've fixed it up, but please read the announcements next time >.<
Last edited by HolyCow on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

>.< nevermind then. didn't see that sorry.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

So anyways, what this novel about? If it's horror/mystery/gore, you can count me in :twisted:
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Eh ever seen the anime? Its a ghostly yes, very freaky at points, but only the blood stained labyrinth arc is really "gory". However I don’t have the raws so…

I mean I can try to get them off of amazon or where ever but I can't make any promises
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

To tell you the truth, you can ignore all the RAW finding things :wink: Of course, it would be best if you could secure a copy of a RAW, but it's usually we translators who do the scouring ;P

My main point was to remind you that you forgot the poll. I didn't know that users had to have a RAW to suggest @.@

I checked the Japanese Wiki. They're 7 novels in total. Care to elaborate a bit on the story? The episode titles sound quite intriguing...
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Well the anime and the manga focuses around Mai Taniyama, a high school student that got tricked (and later hired as a part-timer) into working for Kazuya Shibuya who is the president of Shibuya Psychic Research which is a type of ghost hunting company.

later a monk, a miko, a medium, and an excorcist join up with the SPR and they baisicly go around wherever they are hired. Like haunted Schools, churches, parks, and other places exorcising spirits and what not.

Its got some comedy, plenty of suspense, and a bit of mystery too since most of the cases aren't "natural" hauntings and there's usualy somone causing that is causing the problems.

sorry I suck at writing summaries v.v
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

:( I was expecting something more along the lines of 'lots of suspense, a bit of mystery and lots and lots of GORE' but I guess you can't have everything ;P

I'll try to see if I can dig up a RAW or something. Either that or I'll D/L the 1st few episodes of the anime and give it a go. I'll tell you about it then.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

well the bloof filled labyrinth had plenty of gore, not gore in the making but gore yes. I mean you have a lady who bathes in blood! She can't just make it out of nothing
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

well the bloof filled labyrinth had plenty of gore, not gore in the making but gore yes. I mean you have a lady who bathes in blood! She can't just make it out of nothing
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I'll D/L the anime and give it a shot. It's no Higurashi but maybe it'll suit my tastes :P

I seriously gotta stop watching/reading all these gory stuff...
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

feh if I ever need my share of gore I go watch Dokuro-chan or Trinity Blood. Though I'm pretty sure the first one isn't what you're talking about.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Trinity Blood doesn't really classify as gore... By gore you should check out GANTZ or Elfen Lied...

Higurashi takes the cake for best Horror/Mystery/Gore mainly because it's just uber awesome.

P/S: Slightly out of topic here, but it'll probably take me forever to DL this based on the current number of seeds. Bleh, maybe I'll try DLing the chinese subs... Hey wait this was the original topic?
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I can try sending you the thing over IRC when I get back home >.>

its a fairly new series so as long as your getting the Shisen subs (I think I need to check on that) they should have plenty of seeders, at least they do around here.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Seeders don't really matter if your stupid ISP throttles foreign connections over here :roll:

Bah I hate Streamyx. Right now I'm downloading a few low quality RMVB chinese subs just to see what the story is like :)

Return to “English”