Tenkyou no Alderamin

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this translated?

Yes
94%
I might want to translate this (it's a trap!}
6%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please Give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 48

Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Tenkyou no Alderamin

Post by Dreyakis »

And we're under way! Still getting used to thinking in Alderamin rather than Mahouka, but I should get back my stride soon enough.

Quick terminology question: on Page 15, when Nanak asks Ika to share old stories told by his mother, what is the specific name before those old tales? Chinese currently names this as 亚波尼克, but I don't think I saw anything on the terminology page that shared its phonetics.

If everything proceeds as planned, I will be done with the prologue on Wednesday.
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

In the text, Nanak used "Yaponiku" in kana. So I believe it's a direct 'sound' translation for Chinese.

Yaponiku seems to be written in katakana and refers to a tribe of warriors of a small country absorbed by Kioka, just like many other small countries including that of Jean and Erul. So you can just use "Yaponiku" and add it to the terminology page somewhere.

If I'm not wrong, the Phantom Corps guys are from this tribe? Forgot a lot of stuff but I'm presuming Nirva and Miara were part of this. And Nirva was hung up with fighting Yatori to prove the strength of his ancestry. Or was it the guy from Kioka's naval fleet? Man, seriously can't remember, but at least I'm quite sure you can use "Yaponiku".
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

I checked the end of Volume 3 and you are spot on for that one, larenthian. I will add it to the terminology page. Thanks!

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

And...... double post. Volume 3 Prologue is now up.

Names and terminology is going to be "fun" for this series. Unlike Mahouka, where everything is strictly Japanese, these names are very difficult to work with phonetically. I am fairly certain that I butchered the name for the forest, but until we can get something better to work with, it'll have to do for now.

Volume 3 Chapter 1 should be finished around Wednesday/Thursday.

psyko66
Astral Realm

Post by psyko66 »

WHOOO Dreyakis is back in action!!!! :D
Maala
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Maala »

From what I've seen in the first 2 anime episodes, this LN will be really good. Thank you for the translations!
crosse
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
All The Ramen on the Sky

Post by crosse »

You're all doing great work translating this project. Thank you!

All hail All The Ramen on the Sky!
Home - sakuraindex.jp
Blog - sei.moe

Return to “English”