Tenkyou no Alderamin

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this translated?

Yes
94%
I might want to translate this (it's a trap!}
6%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please Give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 48

Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Tenkyou no Alderamin

Post by Sacredus »

This is now the feedback thread for the Tenkyou no Alderamin project.

Original title: 天鏡のアルデラミン―ねじ巻き精霊戦記
English title: Alderamin in the Sky
Author: Bokuto Uno
Illustrator: Sanbasou
Number of volumes: 5
Publisher: Dengeki Bunko
Synposis: ? (I din't found any...)

Just posting this due its "This Light Novel Is Amazing! 2014" 2nd place.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tenkyou no Alderamin

Post by krytyk »

That's interesting, definitely one of the titles to have in mind. Though a description would be nice :p.

One of series I might consider doing a teaser for (I plan to fit one teaser for some series once per month or two, maybe? To introduce some new series to the forums/wiki for future consideration).

//teaser as in prologue only.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I've read only v1. It's really interesting. It belongs to the Ore tsuee genre except that the protag is a genius tactician. The charm point for me is in the war strategy and tactics and characters. It also has a good literary style. Only thing is that it might not be trivial to translate.
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

you had me at tactician. could use more shiroes as opposed to kiritos in my LNs
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Moved to Teaser feedback now that the project has been started on the wiki by Veracitea.
Bakanekokun
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Bakanekokun »

SAimNE wrote:you had me at tactician. could use more shiroes as opposed to kiritos in my LNs
I second that thought. Very happy that No Game ano Life has been listened but I need a new fix.
bobloaf1
Astral Realm

Post by bobloaf1 »

Still being translated?
Botan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Botan »

Looks like first volumne is completed. :D
veracitea
Astral Realm

Post by veracitea »

Hello ^^ this is veracitea. I hope you are all enjoying the series- my translation doesn't really do it justice. Godoffire recently commented on my talk page about the whole stage/actor implication, so I guess I'll make my first appearance on these forums about my take on it.

This is just a theory of mine, and I don't think it says anywhere explicitly that this is the intended interpretation, but I'm pretty convinced. I'm not sure how to explain why. First, the structure is quite similar to that of a play. Each new section in a chapter begins with a description of the time and location, which reminds me of how plays start each scene with a brief description of the setting. Then, there are some pretty specific/strange (I think) word choices which are related to the stage, such as the curtain rising in the description (which I translated from the official volume 1 summary). There are also some situations which come dangerously close to breaking the fourth wall. The characters would hint at the fact that they're in a production, or the situation could have two meanings if you think of it as a production. It seems to me like a hastily put together improv production, or one in which the actors deviate drastically from the script. I think it's funnier in general to imagine it on a stage. I don't want to ramble endlessly. Tell me your thoughts?

(Also, next chapter probably in July. It's ~100 pages long >< )
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Alderamin is using third person narration while maintaining individual perspectives in separated segments (demarcated by spaces and markers). The 3rd-person narration format used also employs a form of omniscience by reporting directly on what thoughts go on in the minds of the person whose current perspective is being told. The perspective is not obvious to an amateur reader as reported thoughts are kept minimal and narration is focused on using a descriptive approach from an external position while following along the character's perspective.

Other novels that use this format include Mahouka and Shana and other 'heavier' stories. Sometimes, omniscience of reported thoughts is extended to other characters as well regardless of current 'perspective'.

Most light novels especially romantic comedies and light-hearted stories tend to use 1st person narrative format. In this format, only thoughts of current character is made known.

Some use unique hybrids like Kagami Takaya, which sought to use a 3rd person while describing actions (though direction verbs always point to the character whose perspective is being taken) but 1st person when narrating monologues. This is different from reported thoughts and monologues where the writer will add another line to indicate this is what so-and-so is thinking about right now.

I have yet to encounter any light novels that use the 2nd-person narrative mode, which is found in books like Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie's books.

Read this for more info on story-telling narration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narration
hypernova
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hypernova »

Just finished v1. Thanks for your hard work veraitea! I really like it. Also reminded me of Rakuin no Monshou for some reasons.

I think that Ikta's opponent in chapter 4..
Spoiler! :
..is too weak to have his win convinced the princess, but I guess the kidnapping sealed the deal for her. I'm very intrigued by what she proposed. While I was reading the earlier chapters and peak and the later volume color pages, I thought the Camille would be a one-time character. If Ikta will join in her plan that means she's one of the main characters then?
Looking forward to the next volume, whenever that might be!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

hypernova wrote:Just finished v1. Thanks for your hard work veraitea! I really like it. Also reminded me of Rakuin no Monshou for some reasons.

I think that Ikta's opponent in chapter 4..
Spoiler! :
..is too weak to have his win convinced the princess, but I guess the kidnapping sealed the deal for her. I'm very intrigued by what she proposed. While I was reading the earlier chapters and peak and the later volume color pages, I thought the Camille would be a one-time character. If Ikta will join in her plan that means she's one of the main characters then?
Looking forward to the next volume, whenever that might be!
Spoiler on Chamille's role
Spoiler! :
Chamille has the most extensive monologues (albeit in the form of reported thoughts) in the series. She holds about 25-30% of the narration perspectives which actually makes her one of the main characters beside Ikta. The only time where she would be missing a lot is in half of v2 and most of v3 when she was positioned out of the war zone. Outside of those volumes, she's probably even slightly ahead of Ikta in terms of narration perspectives and reported monologues.

There's even a more major spoiler on how her 'importance' and 'role' escalated, but it's way too big a spoiler for me to reveal here.

She starts at 12 years in v1 and by v7, is around 14-15 years.
hypernova
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hypernova »

larethian wrote: Spoiler on Chamille's role
Spoiler! :
Chamille has the most extensive monologues (albeit in the form of reported thoughts) in the series. She holds about 25-30% of the narration perspectives which actually makes her one of the main characters beside Ikta. The only time where she would be missing a lot is in half of v2 and most of v3 when she was positioned out of the war zone. Outside of those volumes, she's probably even slightly ahead of Ikta in terms of narration perspectives and reported monologues.

There's even a more major spoiler on how her 'importance' and 'role' escalated, but it's way too big a spoiler for me to reveal here.

She starts at 12 years in v1 and by v7, is around 14-15 years.
Interesting.
Spoiler! :
I like that the time seems to move along nicely and not drag on for too many volumes. I rather like her character so that development is welcome for me.
If the series' popularity is on the rise that there is a good chance it will be licensed in my home country. Before then, I'm going to sit tight and looking forward to the updates!
Dreyakis
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Dreyakis »

I stumbled across this series and actually found this to have quite a lot of potential to come. It is a pity that neither the Chinese translators nor the official Chinese releases have gone passed Volume 4.

With that, I am formally throwing my hat in the ring regarding this project. Many thanks to larenthian for alerting me that we had this project on B-T.
No angel ever descended from the heavens with our sound and fury.

Drop by here if you have any questions regarding upcoming chapter progression/what series I am working on.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Dreyakis wrote:I stumbled across this series and actually found this to have quite a lot of potential to come. It is a pity that neither the Chinese translators nor the official Chinese releases have gone passed Volume 4.

With that, I am formally throwing my hat in the ring regarding this project. Many thanks to larenthian for alerting me that we had this project on B-T.
Just waiting for you man. :lol:

Return to “English”