[MF Bunko J] Shiinamachi-senpai's Safe Day (椎名町先輩の安全日)

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Enthalpy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

[MF Bunko J] Shiinamachi-senpai's Safe Day (椎名町先輩の安全日)

Post by Enthalpy »

Link to Project Page

Shiinamachi-senpai's Safe Day is a light novel series written by Saitou Kenji and illustrated by CARNELIAN, published under the MF Bunko J label.

Synopsis:
"Today is my safe day, so please pay me a visit in my room." These bold words were addressed to me, Sakuradamon Jiro, from Shiinamachi Kaguya-senpai, a senior library monitor. Filled with anticipation, I visited the "Clock Tower Caretaker's Room" where Senpai lived, only to discover Senpai collapsed on the floor, all covered in blood. Then the situation proceeded to develop rapidly in an unexpected direction! The culprit is someone from around me? What secrets do Senpai harbor? Also, the truth about the past and the blood relations that I have kept hidden all these years and never told anyone, to think that--

With great excitement, the curtain is hereby raised on a supernatural combat story created by the partnership of Saitou Kenji x CARNELIAN!! Beautiful and seductive maidens will be weaving an original and unprecedented tale...

--Back at the time, never in my wildest dreams would I have expected it to be the day when my life approached its end.
Prologue:
Spoiler! :
■July 25: sunny with clear skies
·'The arrival of death, the joy of rebirth, the bonds of involvement.'

"Today is my safe day, so please pay me a visit in my room."

One morning, barely a few days into the summer vacation, I was taking summer supplementary lessons at school as usual.

Walking in the corridor, I happened to meet Shiinamachi Kaguya-senpai, one of the library monitors. Hearing such a bold confession all of a sudden, I was so shocked that I didn't know how to react. Unable to figure out the true meaning behind these words, I couldn't help but push my glasses that served only as decoration.

"Shiinamachi-senpai, may I ask... What do you mean by that?"

I stared at Senpai's face but she only tilted her head slightly. Her gentle eyes glanced downwards slightly before looking back at me with an unbelievable expression.

"Jiro-san, basically... Today is my safe day. Tonight, just before midnight, could you pay my room a visit? My room is in the clock tower."

Senpai was even more explicit. Guessing from what she had said this time, I was not imagining what I heard the first time.

Now what was going on? What on earth was happening? When did the relationship between me and Senpai develop to such close intimacy? I couldn't help but shift my gaze away from Shiinamachi-senpai's face... to her chest.

Even covered by her uniform, the shape of Senpai's magnificent bust could still be seen clearly, slightly out of place in consideration of her petite physique. Since her figure was quite slim and delicate, I suspect her cup size must surely be quite astounding.

At the Prefectural Oukayama High School, most of the boys were obviously quite attracted to Shiinamachi-senpai. Senpai was very beautiful and elegant while her petite stature also instilled one with an urge to protect her carefully. After seeing that magnificent bust that contrasted strongly with her height and appearance, boys would inevitably find it difficult to repress thoughts of "Shiinamachi-senpai is really too awesome! (gulp)"

Naturally, I, Sakuradamon Jiro, am no exception.

"So what you mean is... At midnight...?"

"Yes. Please come find me at around 12am midnight."

Shiinamachi-senpai always looked sleep-eyed and it was hard to see significant emotional changes from her facial expressions. Hence, no matter how hard I tried to look into Senpai's eyes, it was difficult to read her emotions. Right now, Senpai was looking upwards at me, having proposed an unexpected invitation, currently waiting for my reply--Evidently, this series of events were absolutely part of reality.

But... Even if Senpai, whom I've been crushing on, invited me on her own, could I really accept her request so lightly? Just thinking over things slightly calmly, I knew that I had never spent much time together with Shiinamachi-senpai. Within these brief moments, when on earth did I inspire such feelings in her? Or maybe, for Shiinamachi-senpai, her feelings towards me are along the lines of love at first sight?

No, how could something so wonderful actually happen for real? I warned myself. Love at first sight--That's totally a cliched plot from love stories. That kind of thing could only happen in movies or television dramas, okay!?

But... This kind of cliched love story, if it actually happened in real life, that would be kinda nice, wouldn't it?

I decided to change my way of thinking.

I should make the most of the springtime of my youth. At least within this school, I hoped to reach this goal. I wanted to study seriously, get a girlfriend and graduate while surrounded by many perfect memories. Since that was the ambition in my heart back when I transferred to this school, isn't what's happening right now a perfect and rare opportunity to make things happen?

"Are you... unwilling?"

Crap. While I was stuck in my mental dilemma, Shiinamachi-senpai asked with apparent worry.

As a girl, she must have mustered her courage with great difficulty to deliver this kind of confession! As a man, how could I take this kind of wavering look-and-see attitude? I have to show my mettle as a man all at once.

"O-Okay!"

The answer coming out of my mouth nowhere lived up to the surging thoughts in my mind. I was even stuttering a bit. I hope Senpai could forgive me.

After all... In all the years I have lived so far, never had any girl courted me so passionately.

"Really? Wonderful... I've always felt that everything would be splendid if I could choose Jiro-san as my partner. Thank you for being willing to become the first man in my story."

First man! Come again? What did that mean? Calm down, Jiro, calm down a bit.

I frantically pushed up my vanity eyeglasses that were sliding down, then adjusted my almost irregular breathing.

This was the first time in my life to encounter something that shook my mind so much. I see, whether the meaning on this level or from various angles, Shiinamachi-senpai was naturally my first time too. No no no, hey hey hey, what the heck was the meaning? "My story" sounds far too poetic as a term... Yes, no matter how hard I tried to use other thoughts to dissolve my panic, all this only served to make me feel even more panicked.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I feel very honored."

"Yes... Me too. I am really happy that you agreed, Jiro-san."

Senpai smiled with gentleness.

A laid back smile surfaced on her face like blooming flower, once again drawing my gaze.

My heart would beat faster and faster uncontrollably just from the sight of her smiling face.

"Fufu."

Seeing such a sweet smile, any man would feel a sweet sense of anticipation surface in his heart!

Was this feeling of dull pain at the bottom of my heart evidence that I had completely fallen to Shiinamachi-senpai's charms already?

"Well then, please do your best for the summer supplementary lessons today as well."

"Yes, I will definitely do my best."

No matter what they're gonna teach today, I don't think I'll be able to take any of it into my mind, right?

To me, the encounter just now had shaken me to the core so much, I believe that today will surely be a day in my life worth commemorating.

--Back at the time, never in my wildest dreams would I have expected it to be the day when my life approached its end.
Enthalpy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: [MF Bunko J] Shiinamachi-senpai's Safe Day (椎名町先輩の安全日)

Post by Enthalpy »

Teaser page created.
Ophis
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ophis »

Seems promising, this LN! Thanks for the prologue. Do you intend to translate this?
I, appear from the closet. Ehem.
rurgah
Astral Realm

Post by rurgah »

Second chapter was different from what I imagined. In this case different is good. I am now interested in seeing where it goes and I hope you will continue with the translation.

Thanks for your efforts.
Hazardragon
Astral Realm

Post by Hazardragon »

just started read the chapters today, i LOVE it :D the direction is nice and i love Shiki, she is funny.

thanks and i hope for more chapters
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

I feel like the title only apply to the first chapter or so >.>
sakura-tsuki
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sakura-tsuki »

Does someone know when this light novel is going to be available on the Baka tsuki reader app (android)?
Tried refreshing the novel list but no result at the moment.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Currently, there's an issue with wiki caching, which means that it'll be hard to make it available on BakaReader EX.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
sakura-tsuki
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sakura-tsuki »

Misogi wrote:Currently, there's an issue with wiki caching, which means that it'll be hard to make it available on BakaReader EX.
Thanks for the reply. I just checked it again and looks like it's working now. :D

Time to read , thanks for the translation.
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

If someone would make a PDF of this I'd love it.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
Lunalady
Astral Realm

Post by Lunalady »

Is this saitou kenji is the same author as Trinity seven manga??
I'm pretty much interested this kind of joke style as in trinity seven manga.
I'm looking forward for translated chapter. thanks
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Yes, indeed it's the same Saitou Kenji.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B5% ... 3%E3%82%B8
TheRougeReader
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheRougeReader »

Is it still being translated??
"I don't desire anything more from him. I won't even ask him to accept my feelings. In the end... I guess, love is the only word I could use to describe it." Shiba Miyuki
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

We're as clueless as you are.

Moved this to the Aux Brigade as 1 volume is already done.
phelbs
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by phelbs »

For all it worth, I would love to see the rest of the story. If you have time, please continue to translate :D

Return to “English”