Sekai no Owari no Encore

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Did you like this story?

Yes
97%
Maybe
2%
No
1%

Total votes: 91

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Sekai no Owari no Encore

Post by Code-Zero »

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _no_Encore
Spoiler! :
Title: Sekai no Owari no Encore. [世界の終わりの世界録] TL: Encore of the World’s End
Author: Sazane Kei
Illustrator: Fuyuno Haruaki
Release Date: 25/07/2014
【STORY】
The valuable treasure, the “Encore” which was left by the legendary Elline the Brave Hero, has the recording of the end of the world and the reincarnation of the world. The countries and brigades (parties) all over the world are searching for the location of its whereabouts; the age to fight for the Encore. The boy called Ren who wants to become a knight has no talent in wielding swords despite looking exactly like the Elline the Brave Hero, he has been having a lifestyle where people taunts him as the “Fake Brave Hero”. The one that appears in front of him is the legendary Dragon Princess Krische, who had waked up from her seal. She mistakes Ren for Elline, though she gets disappointed since he simply looks like him, but she later finds out a hidden potential in him. And she invites him to the journey to find the Encore together with the Archangel Phia and the Demon-Lord Elise that saved the world before. “Do you want to come with us?”. —This is the prelude of wild excitement played by the heroes. The boy known as the fake Brave Hero cross paths with the legend now!
EDIT(27/07/14):
Removed teaser and character info.
Added poll.
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sekai no Owari no Encore

Post by acolyte »

Another Sazane Kei work?
Only adds to my depression because I like all his LNs and they're hardly translated >.<
Gonna be a while until I learn enough JP..
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Well, one of his series is being translated/hosted by another group(s) so you could acess their site to read them.

The premise of this series reminded me a bit of One Piece setting-wise as well.
So...
  • One Piece = Encore
    Gol D Roger = Elline
    Pirate King = Brave Hero
    Crews(Pirates) = Parties(Brigades)
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

My thanks to you for giving teaser to this project *bow*
Btw Code-Zero, I don't understand one thing - you're starting to translate it but the book is to be released in July 25, 2014?
Is the book actually already available? Or some JP teasers available online somewhere?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Nope. The book isn't available yet. Its coming out in 3 days from now.
But you could read the previews for most of the LN in their main sites(Usually a week before the release date).
So I simply translated the preview as a head start. :D
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Code-Zero wrote:Well, one of his series is being translated/hosted by another group(s) so you could acess their site to read them.

The premise of this series reminded me a bit of One Piece setting-wise as well.
So...
  • One Piece = Encore
    Gol D Roger = Elline
    Pirate King = Brave Hero
    Crews(Pirates) = Parties(Brigades)
Well now that you mentioned it, it certainly shared a few traits with One Piece.... But only the part about the Hero's nickname "Sword Emperor" I think the author took this from his previous work "Fukanzen Shinsei Kikan Iris" where existed a Divine Mechanics called "Sword Emperor" Heckt Magna as well. Also the part Ren resembled the Hero physically also similar to the fact Sheltis from "Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden" physically resembled Heckt Magna too though the only difference between Ren and Sheltis is even though both of them is not well endowed with the way of the sword and they are both working hard to improve themself but only Sheltis's effort got paid off whereas Ren still got a long way to go. I guess the reason for that difference is because Sheltis has a stronger motivation than Ren.....
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

I agree that Sazane Kei is drawing parallel from his previous works because he did the same thing with S.I.R.E.N~
C-Z I saw in your blog you're advertising this LN - are you thinking of translating the whole volume?
Was thinking you were only going to do teaser~ *jumps in joy*

Now, question about minor grammatical stuff: (Just leave the answers after you finish translating~)
  • "“Yes. There wasn’t a party I wished to join. I certainly had the principal talk to me so long about it, but all one of them were lacking for me—”
    Is it supposed to say 'all of them' or 'every one of them'?
  • Your's and comrades' life -> do you agree that it should say 'your and comrades' life'? It sounds weird in English but technically it's 'your life and comrades' life' so shouldn't there be no apostrophe for your?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

DoomCalibur wrote: Well now that you mentioned it, it certainly shared a few traits with One Piece.... But only the part about the Hero's nickname "Sword Emperor" I think the author took this from his previous work "Fukanzen Shinsei Kikan Iris" where existed a Divine Mechanics called "Sword Emperor" Heckt Magna as well. Also the part Ren resembled the Hero physically also similar to the fact Sheltis from "Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden" physically resembled Heckt Magna too though the only difference between Ren and Sheltis is even though both of them is not well endowed with the way of the sword and they are both working hard to improve themself but only Sheltis's effort got paid off whereas Ren still got a long way to go. I guess the reason for that difference is because Sheltis has a stronger motivation than Ren.....
Yeah, the author certainly incorporated the ideas he used for his previous series into this.
His new series published in Fujimi shobo is called "SIREN". And the heroine's name is "Phia Nesferia C4 Anastasia" who is some angel-hybrid. And one of the heroine in this series is called "Phia Nesferia" who is an Angel. Different character, different world, but the author used the same name. His 3 series in Fujimi Shobo are linked, though this series probably wont be linked to them since its published by another publisher. Though it would seem like he's going to continue using names and ideas he used/developed in his old series. I liked how he said that he didn't have to abide to any rules/restriction to write this series and really enjoyed writing it. Shows how the editors in Fujimi Shobo gave him restrictions. And the illustration was amazing.... Got me hooked right away.

acolyte wrote:I agree that Sazane Kei is drawing parallel from his previous works because he did the same thing with S.I.R.E.N~
C-Z I saw in your blog you're advertising this LN - are you thinking of translating the whole volume?
Was thinking you were only going to do teaser~ *jumps in joy*

Now, question about minor grammatical stuff: (Just leave the answers after you finish translating~)
  • "“Yes. There wasn’t a party I wished to join. I certainly had the principal talk to me so long about it, but all one of them were lacking for me—”
    Is it supposed to say 'all of them' or 'every one of them'?
  • Your's and comrades' life -> do you agree that it should say 'your and comrades' life'? It sounds weird in English but technically it's 'your life and comrades' life' so shouldn't there be no apostrophe for your?
Lol, at this point I'm trying to promote the series. I like working on series that has no recognition.
There will be a lot of people willing to work on series that has some fame and are popular. So I don't feel like working on such series.
Better to make LNs that needs attention to be recognised to the English community :D .

For, the grammatical stuff.
Oh jesus. I really did screw up in those parts. Yeah, your correction is right. I'll change them now. You can also change them directly if you find the grammatical errors I made :) .

But yeah. I'm waiting for the actual volume to come out. If I enjoy it, I may translate it. Maybe.....
Since I translated DxD, I kinda got tired of the author's writing style as well as his recent development to the series.
That's why I did teasers for other series to get some refreshment in the past. (...Yeah, just doing DxD will make you go nuts).
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Code-Zero wrote: *snip*
Lol, at this point I'm trying to promote the series. I like working on series that has no recognition.
There will be a lot of people willing to work on series that has some fame and are popular. So I don't feel like working on such series.
Better to make LNs that needs attention to be recognised to the English community :D .

*snip*

But yeah. I'm waiting for the actual volume to come out. If I enjoy it, I may translate it. Maybe.....
Since I translated DxD, I kinda got tired of the author's writing style as well as his recent development to the series.
That's why I did teasers for other series to get some refreshment in the past. (...Yeah, just doing DxD will make you go nuts).
That's admirable of you. Sazane Kei is one of the authors I really like though for his unique writing style so an extra appreciation for this, and his fantasy is a bit out there so I guess it's not to everyone's taste but definitely mine :s
Even though I read a number of translated light novels, Sazane Kei is on the top of my list for -beautiful- fantasy work.
I am also thankful for the DxD translations - haha I still enjoy it though - but I kinda expected the serie would go this route - it doesn't look like the author is willing to end it anytime soon~

Welp, we'll see if you like this serie enough to continue translating it. Thanks again :)
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Illustrations for v1 is up now.
Scans came out on the day of the release and even before my copy arrived :shock:
Finished reading volume 1 as well, and I must say that it was better than SIREN.
Fantasy + Adventure + Job-roles.
Pretty much the classic JRPG. :)
Im a sucker for RPG like stories.
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Code-Zero wrote:Illustrations for v1 is up now.
Scans came out on the day of the release and even before my copy arrived :shock:
Finished reading volume 1 as well, and I must say that it was better than SIREN.
Fantasy + Adventure + Job-roles.
Pretty much the classic JRPG. :)
Im a sucker for RPG like stories.
Can't underestimate those rippers.
Can you summarize S.I.R.E.N in one sentence? I haven't seen any summaries.. >.<
So do you also enjoy all the jRPG stories - .hack, SAO, Log Horizon? How about Arifureta and kRPG like TLMS, Ark, and Re:Monster??
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Now that's 1 chapter done.
Chapter 3 is when the adventure begins.

acolyte wrote: Can you summarize S.I.R.E.N in one sentence? I haven't seen any summaries.. >.<

So do you also enjoy all the jRPG stories - .hack, SAO, Log Horizon? How about Arifureta and kRPG like TLMS, Ark, and Re:Monster??
"Plain and dull".
The setting and plot isnt bad. But compared to his other series, the characters doesn't give a strong impression in me. They were too plain.
The illustration...isn't bad, but it looks "old". It currently has up to volume 2(volume 3 coming out next month), but I stopped with the first volume.
kakeng
Astral Realm

Post by kakeng »

Thank you for the translation of this novel and I hope that you will continue to do so. Its still early so I can't say much, but following narrative conventions and the chapter titles, I'm betting that the MC is the reincarnation of Elline.
RikiNutcase
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RikiNutcase »

...This Novel makes me think of Rakudai....It's soo bland.....it makes me think a bit of Log Horizon(adventure bits) but.....that's about it. I can't even like Ren...he's so pessimistic?

And what's with Ln's having bullied MC nowadays.
lifeman120
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Post by lifeman120 »

could you give me a translation of the 1st color page I'm trying to get English text in there. I wanna see how it looks since do it all with Photoshop and i cant redraw :)
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.

Return to “English”