Sekai no Owari no Encore

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Did you like this story?

Yes
97%
Maybe
2%
No
1%

Total votes: 91

lifeman120
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Re: Sekai no Owari no Encore

Post by lifeman120 »

happy to help, just tell me when u need another image done, even for another novel
Image guy, Cleaning/Typesetting Progress

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
Shuiko
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

acolyte wrote:
Shuiko wrote:I'm read a bit of it, and so far, I'm... not sure how I like it? I"m a huge fan of your Translations Code-Zero so I'll prob keep reading. But I feel like the author tried to make the MC in the direction of "feel sorry for me please". I guess its more my preference to not liking MC's who qq a lot AND aren't very good at anything (so far anyway).
There were actually more stories like this than the OP MCs that is rampant in animes nowadays. I think this focuses on growth rather than OP, just like his Tasogare-iro work. The MCs went thru tough times too.

Even Phia said he's growing fast, just not as strong. (DanMachi also is similar. Weak at first thwn grows quick. Stronger than average afterwards but still weaker than his love interest)

Thanks for the TLC C-Z!
B-T caching is seriously annoying me. I didn't even realize you finished your TLC.
I think what irks me is not that MC not being OP or Strong, there are plenty of great LN's/Stories where the MC never is the strongest character (example: Horizon). What irks me is when the MC has to be all emo /wrist about it. Realizing you're weak or your weakness is different from, being a totally wuss. Also even if the MC is w/e was still weak, but had a strong character, or charismatic type, or other qualities than BAM cool beans. Otherwise I feel like 99% of the time I wanna punch the MC right in the sack over and over again till he mans up or at the very least does something to drive the story instead of the story being about how "weak and pitiful" a character is.

This is by no means to say there aren't some well written characters where they are weak and pitiful, but generally speaking well written or not I tend not to enjoy those characters thus the story.
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

Ahhh so that's your problem. Give it a bit of time then. Horizon MC is different. He is not OP but he is in no way powerless. He's a strategist playing the fool. I miss MCs like this who are clueless, starts from nothing, and improves himself and therefore has a lot of possible futures.

This MC is not emo. He's still training every night like Phia said. He just can't help but be depressed when other people make fun of him. He's nowhere close to giving up. You're skimming the story too much. This MC is similar to danmachi.
Shuiko

Post by Shuiko »

acolyte wrote:Ahhh so that's your problem. Give it a bit of time then. Horizon MC is different. He is not OP but he is in no way powerless. He's a strategist playing the fool. I miss MCs like this who are clueless, starts from nothing, and improves himself and therefore has a lot of possible futures.

This MC is not emo. He's still training every night like Phia said. He just can't help but be depressed when other people make fun of him. He's nowhere close to giving up. You're skimming the story too much. This MC is similar to danmachi.
Danmachi's MC is less of a downer though. Sure he has his "mommy issues" (seriously everything about that character is mommy issues, he wasn't loved enough by motherly figure as a child the way his character is designed) BUT besides feeling inferior to 1 character in the story (so far) he isn't totally pansy. Plus I feel like his character is more flushed out in that you can see that author is using the MC as a clean canvas slowly adding to it as the story progress and as the story changes. The character FEELS more flexible. (So far he doesn't have a weird history but it the story feels like it was designed for a MC of that pace).

Unfortunately the MC in this story feels like he's already been "chiseled out" and the author is trying to FIT him into this created world. Mmmm if I could put it another way... It feels as the world was created and all these things were designed, then the author just shoved in a MC and it feels out of place. That's how I've read this so far anyway.

Either way CZ has amazing translations, I guess maybe the story just isn't for me (yet I'll keep reading and hoping the original author does something to this dude).

On another note the "heriones" so far are actually pretty good characters (sop far), though not much is fully known yet.
Shuiko

Post by Shuiko »

Btw Code-Zero is you read this it would be cool if you add this to your blog as well (a tab or update page) so your followers can be updated or know you're TLing this LN (if they haven't been keeping up). Ty fort the translations as always.
lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

Quick question am i allowed to upload the english edited colour pages to the project page myself?

Seems to have a White hair fetish, but will (almost) always support the main Heroine.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Shuiko wrote:Btw Code-Zero is you read this it would be cool if you add this to your blog as well (a tab or update page) so your followers can be updated or know you're TLing this LN (if they haven't been keeping up). Ty fort the translations as always.
Oh yeah. I totally forgot to put it up on my blog. Oops.
lifeman120 wrote:Quick question am i allowed to upload the english edited colour pages to the project page myself?
Sorry for the delay. I just did it now. :D
lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

Code-Zero wrote: Sorry for the delay. I just did it now. :D
Yeah i saw ^^ in the gallery section, i hope when people make PDF's (I'll make the Epub myself) they use the English pages since it makes it more enjoyable to read (for me at least :P)

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

lifeman120 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote: Sorry for the delay. I just did it now. :D
Yeah i saw ^^ in the gallery section, i hope when people make PDF's (I'll make the Epub myself) they use the English pages since it makes it more enjoyable to read (for me at least :P)
Yeah :D
When the "Full Text" version is made, it will include the "Colour Page" of volume 1 instead of the "Gallery". So instead of the RAW version, the English one would appear :D
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... lour_Pages

I'm following Larethian's method by not including the non-colour illustration in the illustration section of volume 1 and have them appear during the course of the story(Just like the actual LN).
lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

Code-Zero wrote: I'm following Larethian's method by not including the non-colour illustration in the illustration section of volume 1 and have them appear during the course of the story(Just like the actual LN).
Just how it should be =D

BTW i noticed there was a non-colour page with text in it, do you want a English version of that as well?

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

lifeman120 wrote:
Code-Zero wrote: I'm following Larethian's method by not including the non-colour illustration in the illustration section of volume 1 and have them appear during the course of the story(Just like the actual LN).
Just how it should be =D

BTW i noticed there was a non-colour page with text in it, do you want a English version of that as well?
Oh yeah. That one.
I'm still deciding which one would be better. To use an illustration or to leave it as it is(Especially if you were to read it in Full Text mode).
lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

Code-Zero wrote: Oh yeah. That one.
I'm still deciding which one would be better. To use an illustration or to leave it as it is(Especially if you were to read it in Full Text mode).
i see well if you decide u want a English image just tell me and I'll make it :)

lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

For the contents colour image are the kanji in there the chapter titles like how u translated them on the project page?

I'm currently cleaning that image then i want to put the chapter titles in there

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Sweet. Here it is. :D

Prologue: The Sealed Girl
Record.1: The Fake Brave Hero Doesn’t Have Any Comrades
Record.2: The Dragon, the Angel, and the Student Knight
Record.3: The Condition of the Previous Demon-Lord(2/5)
Record.4: Hermekia Dusk
Record.5: It, the Conqueror of Fire——
Interval: The Moving World
Epilogue: The Knight of Reincarnation
Afterword
The interval chapter literally translates to "The World starts to move", but it sounds weird so I changed it to "The Moving World".
lifeman120

Post by lifeman120 »

Done clearing the kanji time for the chap titles
Spoiler! :

Return to “English”