Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes !!
100%
Not really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 100

tacwarrior
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Post by tacwarrior »

Alternate titles:
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
聖剣使いの禁呪詠唱
Seiken Tsukai no Wārudo Bureiku

Project page (link)

http://warubure.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sei ... Visual.jpg

Synopsis:

Written by Akamitsu Awamura, the series takes place in a private high school involving the concept of "saviors." They are known as people who possess awakened memories of their past lives. The story tells of a young boy named Moroha Haimura who comes to this private school.

At the school, there are two types of people: Saviors, who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies, and Kuroma, who wipe out enemies with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. Moroha Haimura is the first person with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.

The first light novel volume was published on November 15, 2012 by SB Creative under their GA Bunko imprint. As of August 2014, eight volumes have been published.

Anime episode 1 is out. Please check that out as well.

Thank you!
Tac
よろしくお願いします !
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Post by mechbear »

May have some interest so churned out a quick prologue of prologue. PS. As usual the LN is better than anime......
Spoiler! :
This is the Prologue of the third legend………

Haimura Moroha is having a bizarre dream.

The beast-like roar across the battlefield, the miasma of iron hanging in the air, the dry grit spreading through the mouth, the blood red dyeing the land……
A very vivid dream. Realistic enough that one can hear, smell, taste and see clearly within it.
Finally, the feel of a sword gripped in the hand.

That’s right, a sword.

Born a normal youth in peaceful Japan, Moroha shouldn’t have any relationship with a weapon of war. In spite of this, the sword in his hand is shockingly familiar to him. So familiar that it is like an extension of his body.

The beautiful holy sword with a dazzling mirror-like body is now dyed the same blood red as the land.

In the dream, Moroha is fighting alone on the battlefield, without companions.
Literally, one against the multitude. Facing waves of the enemies, Moroha is just mechanically killing, killing killing——

Devoted fully on swinging his sword, he’s already long lost count of his kills.
Unclad in armour but protected by a white aura as dazzling as the sun, Moroha is crashing through around the battleground like a hurricane, with titanic strength granted by the dense amount of prana he is generating.

Even so, his attitude remains calm and unhurried, as if he is a monster that’s only fulfilling his killing nature.
His brain is arguing that this is not his true self; yet in his heart he feels that this is his real self.
A truly mysterious feeling.

After an unknown period of time of continuous massacre ——Moroha found himself the only person standing.
Surrounded by mountains of corpses, with the wind whistling a haunting victory anthem.
Covered with wounds, Moroha started on his first steps homeward on shaking legs.
A lone journey to the battlefield, a lone journey back —— is not what happened.

From the distance, a white horse sped towards him on thundering hoofs.
On the horse rode a beautiful girl.
Sparkling blue eyes, like stars scattered over the ocean.
Obviously highborn at one glance, with her elegantly cut white gown.
Ignoring high society etiquette by riding a horse in that gown, one can guess her to be a spirited, competitive personality.

“Flaga! Flaga Onii-sama!”
The girl calls out in a stern yet cute voice.

That’s Maroha’s name in the dream.
Moroha smile when he recognises the person.
The dense fighting will and killing intent still coiling around his body disperse like mist.

“Salacia, didn’t you listen when I said not to carelessly come to the battlefield alone?”
Like a chance meeting on a street, he nonchalantly calls out to the girl.
“Flaga, you also didn’t listen. Didn’t I beg you many times not to go to war alone?”
The girl—— Salacia jumped down the horse and hug Maroha passionately.
“Are we really that unreliable? Am I a burden?”
Salacia complains as she proceeds to beat on Maroha’s chest.
Maroha scratches his head but seems to give tacit agreement by his silence.
“I know. Flaga is the Guardian of the Holy Sword. The Strongest Swordsman!” Salacia cry out emotionally in a rough voice.
“Still……even so…….” Salacia looks at Flaga with tears gathering in her shining eyes. “I will worry for Flaga; please forgive my impertinent remarks.”

While the girl is crying, she is desperately leaning against him on her tiptoes.
Maroha gently rub her on her head.
“It’s fine. I should be the one asking for forgiveness. For you to worry and fear for me is such a sinful joy.”
Moroha gently kiss away her tears as Salacia starts blushing lightly.

“Do you love me?” She asked.
“I am able to fight only because of you.” He replied.
This bloody battlefield they are standing in is all for the sake of this girl.
To Maroha, this girl is his entire world.

“Please continue to worry for me. In return, I promise you this: no matter how difficult the battlefield, no matter how strong the enemy, no matter how far we are, no matter if fate tear us apart ——“ Maroha whisper softly into Salacia’s ears……
“I will always be victorious and return to your side.”

Salacia lowered her eyes as her blush deepens all the way to the tip of her ears.

Maroha suddenly hug her tightly with his free left arm. Surprised, Salacia raised her eyes to meet his.

Their faces are close enough to feel each other’s breath. Without hesitation, she moves her face closer to Maroha’s.
As if to seal their promise, their lips——
At that, the dream ended and Moroha woke up.
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Part 2 of 3 - Prologue
Spoiler! :
Flaga’s senses and thoughts dissolves along with the dream.

Yawning, Maroha chase away his sleepiness and reorganize his thoughts.
“What a shame.”

The interrupted kiss that was just reaching the interesting part was all a dream.
Maroha is in the real reality, and that is the in the auditorium of the Independent high school, Akane Academy.

Although Maroha is a freshman, you cannot detect a single nervous vibe from him. In fact, even before the welcoming ceremony is halfway through, he is already napping in his chair. Still, it’s not because he is being arrogant or anti-social .

It’s just his natural state.

While this may be a paradox, he is the type that appeared relax and casual in his attitude, but is surprisingly focus on his goals. And his small, small goal is to peacefully go through the next three years of high school without any major demerits.

Moroha is that kind of guy.

Swallowing back a second yawn, he rubs his eyes and slowly opens them, and was immediately stunned.
Unexpectedly, a beautiful face is right in front of him, close enough that they are breathing on each other.

Sparkling eyes, like stars scattered over the ocean.
Those eyes are staring steadily at him and her whole body is leaning over the seated Moroha as if to cover him up.
The whole situation is screaming “Let’s kiss.”

It’s like a continuation of his interrupted dream. Blue and black —— while the colour is different, the girls’ eyes are exactly the same as Salacia’s.
Moroha quickly check out the girl.

She’s wearing the school-issued uniform for female and pinned on her small chest is a nametag written:

[1-1 (White) Ranjo Satsuki].

Mahora is also a Year 1 Class 1 student, thus it seems like she’s a classmate. Still, although it’s obvious, her name is not Salacia.

What the hell is going on? What is this intimate distance?
While Moroha is frozen, the girl’s —— Satsuki’s face is looming closer.
Could that regretful interruption of the dream kiss be continuing in reality? Is that even possible?
Just thinking of the softness of those bud-like lips, his heart starts pounding and a squeak escape his throat. He reflectively closes his eyes, awaiting the moment.

“BANG”
Like a blunt instrument, Satsuki’s swing her forehead back, and forward hard into his.
“………….?”

Supposedly a kiss, it was actually a headbutt.
Supposedly lips to lips, it was actually forehead to forehead.
Supposedly an expression of love, it was actually a declaration of hostility.

It’s too excessive. Maroha groan in a mixture of shock, disappointment and pain.

“Are you awake now?” Satsuki asked in a sarcastic voice.
A rare, cute voice like a clear bell. What a waste.

Holding her arms, the single ponytail tied on the left side of her head swaying around like a whip.

“What are you trying to do all of a sudden….?” Maroha glared at her while holding his forehead.
“It’s a punishment. To the rude people who sleep shortly into the welcoming ceremony,” declared Satsuki, looking down on him while emitting intense pressure.
“Everyone has already left for their classroom, but you are still dozing away. It’s just unbelievable.”
The more than 100 freshmen have already disappeared, leaving an empty hall.
“I hate people with no enthusiasm.”
“Isn’t a headbutt too much just for that reason?”
“I was also enraged because you seem to be expecting something else.”
“About that, I apologize.”
“That’s right. Plus I already have someone I liked.”
True. No way in the world would an unknown girl suddenly come up and give you a kiss.

Moroha sincerely repent on his expectations.
“It’s not that I have no enthusiasm.”
After repenting, he feels that he should explain himself.

“It’s just that the principle’s welcoming address was too long, and I doze off unknowingly. I will be motivated from now, so please spare me.”
“ Her speech wasn’t that long.” Although he has already lowered his head, it only returned Satsuki’s reproach.
Her upturn eyes started burning with zeal.
Moroha smiles bitterly. As the girl is beautiful, even when pique her attractiveness is not lowered.
(Ahhhh~~~Ahhhhh. How should I appease her?)
Giving up on further protest, he started musing on how to escape from this situation. But ——
“ The principle said this.” Satsuki starts orating with elation.

“ We are the <Saviors> specially chosen from everywhere in Japan. One who process power. Thus, we cannot never forget our responsibilities and duties which must be taken up! Our gifts must be used for justice……..that’s what the principle said. Don’t you think its valuable input?”

Satsuki, who is getting more excited as she goes on, started twisting her body. Originally holding her arms, it became like hugging herself with her face flushing red.
Maroha is shocked silence.

(“Can’t understand. Totally cannot understand”). He swallowed back those words that he wanted to say.
Still, Satsuki notice his pitying eyes and give a cough. Feeling the near loss of her dignity, she tried to cover it up by extending a finger upward.

“So…so in conclusion. As you are a <Savior>, you must be a great person in your past life? Thus, have some awareness and train yourself seriously. Since we are classmates, let’s work hard together.”
A totally enthusiastic statement. She must be a kind person at heart to want to have a good relationship even with those that she dislikes for slacking.
Maroha scratch his head and his displeasure disappeared.

“If you fall asleep again, I will start scolding,” says Satsuki as she smiled brightly for the first time.
A smile as bright as the sun, like pouring out from the boundless energy in her body. For Moroha, or anyone else, they’ll be charmed by that smile.
“Please take care of me from today onwards.”

Satsuki stretch out her hand and Moroha hold it without hesitation.
When their hands touch, suddenly —— a familiar feeling shot through him, sharp enough to tear at his heart. Even so, this feeling is very easing. Like a migrant bird returning to nest after a long flight.
What is this? Moroha is confused.
Satsuki’s smile frozed.

“My brother once said…...” Satsuki starts talking as if in a trance, face flushed as if having a fever.

“No matter how difficult the battlefield, no matter how strong the enemy, no matter how far we are, no matter if fate tear us apart….”
To Satsuki’s words, Moroha never expect himself to reply automatically:
“I will always be victorious and return to your side.”
A deep silence descends.

In the empty auditorium, Moroha and Satsuki stared at each other.
Like lovers reunited after being torn apart by fate and lost throughout time and space, they stared at each other.
That silence was broken by the school bell.

“You are Salacia right?” Moroha ask confidently.
His first impression of Satsuki, that sudden feeling of familiarity……does not appear to be wrong.
“Are you………Flaga?” Satsuki asked in a hoarse voice.
By saying each other’s name, hope turned to affirmation.
“Flaga……Flaga……” Satsuki looks as if her fondest dream has come true.
Her tearing gaze at Maroha turned hotter, and said: “I have a feeling that I would find you here….”
Satsuki pulled the hand she’s holding to her chest, as if it is a priceless treasure.

Maroha’s expression turned bitter as he looks at Satsuki, who has totally switch to maiden-in-love mode, and said,” Sorry, but I don’t really have much recollection of my past life.”
Maroha strongly feel that it’ll be dishonest and unfair to her if he does not make that clear.
“Eh?”
Satsuki dropped Maroha’s hand that she had been holding preciously just a moment ago.

“Really? You really don’t remember? How you were praised as the best in swordsmanship and Plana mastery? The strongest Guardian of the Holy Sword in any generation? How you destroyed the armies of the Empire almost single handedly?”
At her frantic questions, Maroha just shake his head.
All those accomplishment seems so unreal that he never bothered to take note of them.

Satsuki paused, and whisper with a horrified face,” Did you forget…..about me?”
“I’m sorry,” replied Maroha. Satsuki’s face turned white in shock.

“Didn’t they explain at the start of the ceremony? About how much one can recall their past life is dependent on the individual. For me, I almost have no recollections,” Moroha tried explaining in a vague manner.

“In certain point of view you may be right to say that I’m unfaithful. Am I….I mean Flaga, in my past life…….lovers with you?” Moroha asked delicately.
Salacia expression turns sickly.
(What a waste when she so pretty….), Moroha can only bemoan silently.

Still, her childishness behavior was really interesting and cute,

“No, we were nothing of that sort,” Satsuki angrily turned her head to the side, with the side ponytail swinging along.
“You were JUST my Brother and I was JUST your younger sister,” grumbled Satsuki.
“I see. Did you call me Onii-sama?” Maroha tried to remember the dream he just had.
“I can’t say that that atmosphere…..were of a pair of siblings.”
“That’s not true. We were JUST a normal pair of siblings.”
Satsuki is emphasizing the word “JUST” again.
Their behaviors were more like lovers in Maroha’s opinion.

(Still, if she says so, it should be true…..I guess?) Moroha thinks as he completely let his doubts show on his face.
At his expressions, Satsuki scream out,” Irritating! We were not in that kind of relationship!”

Just when he wanted to mentioned that she is finally facing him, Satsuki’s eyes tightened in anger.
A full posture of denial——tighten fists, thrown back shoulders, angry loud voice.
“ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! THERE IS NOTHING! WE WON’T GO OUT ON DATES DURING FREE TIME, WE WON’T KISS……” She screamed out with her full strength.
“……AND WE ABSOLUTELY WON’T FALL INTO A FORBIDDEN LOVE!”
Moroha’s mind blanked out.
He wasn't looking for trouble, but he definitely had stepped on a landmine and is now stuck in an awkward situation.
He cannot only think that this must be some kind of a joke.

He shouldn’t be fantasizing. But looking at the steaming Satsuki who is covering her mouth with both hand and a look of [Oops, I leaked it out]; he cannot help but recall that scene in his dream again.
“……………….”
Silently looking at each other, and simultaneously looking away.
Satsuki with a flustered face, and Maroha looking everywhere but her.
The mood is really awkward and embarrassing, and cannot be easily escaped.

Maroha is looking everywhere in a desperate hope for something in the surrounding to allow him to escape——and he found it.
Behind where Maroha was sitting, further to the back of the hall.
Originally thought to be an empty auditorium, there is another girl sitting on a chair, sleeping.

“Ummm, hey…over there.”
“Ah…..there’s another rude person! I need to go wake her up!”
At Maroha’s pointing finger, Satsuki leaped towards the new target. Like partners in crime, both are in tune to each other for a way to gracefully exit the situation just now.

Both moved quickly to the side of the sleeping girl.
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Prologue Done. Will be doing all stuffs in the main page from now on.
Doomr
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Doomr »

Thanks for the translation! Looking forward to the rest of them if you're going to continue.
tacwarrior
Kyonist

Post by tacwarrior »

mechbear wrote:Prologue Done. Will be doing all stuffs in the main page from now on.
Awesome bro !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you very much!

PS
sorry for the late reply. :cry:
よろしくお願いします !
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Chapter 1 down. Onwards to chapter 2.
tacwarrior
Kyonist

Post by tacwarrior »

mechbear wrote:Chapter 1 down. Onwards to chapter 2.
It is so much better than the anime. Please do more! Looking forward to it :D
よろしくお願いします !
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Yes keep up the good work on translating and if you do not mind ill become a drive by monitoring editor. :D :D
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Sure. I'll need help from editors if possible as I'm just rushing through without checking proper english Grammer. :D

Because, in order of importance:
a) Trying to catchup to anime (bloody 2 episodes per novel pace)
b) Rushing translation
c) Lazy lol
tacwarrior
Kyonist

Post by tacwarrior »

That burning passion 8)

Anything I can do to help?
よろしくお願いします !
AcOo
Mikuru's Master

Post by AcOo »

Thanks for the translation Mechbear! I like the anime but the LN is much better.
Please keep up the good work!
Browenie99
Astral Realm

Post by Browenie99 »

Thank you soooooo much I love this anime so far ! was hoping to read the LN !!
Eveneel2
Astral Realm

Post by Eveneel2 »

Thanks for your hard work! it seems that you are able to put out chapters fairly quickly which is extremely awesome!
mechbear
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by mechbear »

Chapter 3 released. Slogging through chapter 4.

Just a quick note, I am well aware that my translations are not the best at the moment. Since I'm trying to catch up to the anime, I'm just translating on the fly atm. I'm grateful to wolfpup and Euphmoria who had volunteered to edit the project.

Plus, chapter 1-4 are really draggy intro chapters. I cannot wait to get to chapter 5 and 6 which are the main battle chapters ( which are what I enjoyed most for this series. Trust me, Moroha is one seriously OP character but with weaknesses like another Onii-sama who shall not be named). Also looking forward to volume 2 because it's a Shizuno story, and who doesn't love Shizuno.

My intention was always to go back in the future and rework the story better. What do you guys think? Faster releases with slightly more errors(current speed) or slower release with better translation effort from my side?

Return to “English”