Maria-sama ga Miteru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel series Translated?

Yes
98%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 284

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru by Oyuki Konno

Post by Mystes »

Why doesn't this novel have more attention?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

I'm not sure what you mean by 'attention,' could you elaborate?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

enn_are wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by 'attention,' could you elaborate?
I meant kinda this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2159#p128475

Weird, since it's translated regularily...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

I guess it's a matter of perspective - I saw the 550 page views / day and thought, "That has to be wrong - there's no way it's that high." But then again, the last time I looked at those numbers Haruhi was on top, in an unassailable position, and Marimite was getting about 100 views / day.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kira0802 wrote:Why doesn't this novel have more attention?
Hm, maybe its because of the theme of this series...? Maybe because its in a niche of a niche...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

Translation of Volume 27 is now complete. The last couple of chapters were a bit rushed because I wanted to get them done before I went away on holidays, which I just managed to do. I won't start translating another volume until after I return, which will be early June.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Wow, thats a long holiday...- hope you have fun!
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Ouroboros
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ouroboros »

Please start at volume 34 when u get back please, the anime covered most of the early ones and I really want to see yumis reign lol
Sucasa
Astral Realm

Post by Sucasa »

I just want to say "thank you" for translating these novels. I look forward to each new chapter. The anime is wonderful but the novels really are little works of art. So thank you!

And to Ouroboros - I don't think the new volumes actually cover Yumi's reign. I may be wrong about that but I don't think they have much to do with Yumi at all. So I'm hoping that the translator keeps filling in that gap from 23 to 26. I was thrilled to have Volume 27 finally translated.
Ouroboros
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ouroboros »

Sucasa wrote:I just want to say "thank you" for translating these novels. I look forward to each new chapter. The anime is wonderful but the novels really are little works of art. So thank you!

And to Ouroboros - I don't think the new volumes actually cover Yumi's reign. I may be wrong about that but I don't think they have much to do with Yumi at all. So I'm hoping that the translator keeps filling in that gap from 23 to 26. I was thrilled to have Volume 27 finally translated.
oh?... well if they dont then dont worry about my post, but if they do plz do 34+ lol
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

Well, I'm back. I had a terrific time on holidays and will look to ease my way back into my normal routine over the next week or so. Thanks to all those who commented here and on the wiki while I was away.

I haven't really decided what to do next - Volume 34 is definitely an option, as are Volumes 23-26, plus I'd like to go back and translate Rainy Blue / Holding a Parasol and some of the first-year Yumi novels at some point. Too much untranslated, too little time.

Regarding the later novels, Volume 34 looks to be another compilation similar to Frame of Mind, with only the 'binding' story involving the main characters - although this one seems to be mostly about Nana, which could be interesting. Volumes 35 and 36 look as though they're novels set at Lillian's but not directly related to Yumi's Yamayurikai. Volume 37, which was only published in April 2012, looks like another compilation, but this time with more Yumi - since she's on the front cover.

For 35-37, I'm basing this on the book's description at amazon.co.jp - I don't have access to the novels so can't translate them anyway.
Ouroboros
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ouroboros »

id love to see you do the ones with Nana as the main character, i really want to know more about her character since ive hardly seen her and she is yoshinos seaur(yeah i cant spell)
Sucasa
Astral Realm

Post by Sucasa »

@enn_are - is everything all right? You were translating so fast then everything stopped at 3/5 on Raindrop.
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

Everything's fine - I've recently moved apartment and it's taking ages to get my internet connection hooked up. The good news is I've continued translating and have almost finished the next two full chapters. The bad news is my internet still doesn't work so I can't put them up yet - I'm posting this from my parent's place.
Sucasa
Astral Realm

Post by Sucasa »

That's a relief! I'm glad to hear everything's OK. Well, except for the internet, that is. :p Best of luck & I hope you enjoy your new place!

Return to “English”