Maria-sama ga Miteru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel series Translated?

Yes
98%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 284

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Maria-sama ga Miteru by Oyuki Konno

Post by Darklor »

I added for now only the chapter structur, but since I think I could have made some errors nothing more till now - it would be nice if some with the raws could do a look over?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Of interest to all translators/editors responsible for this series...
Dear 'The Last Guardian',

I hope this reaches those responsible for the Maria-sama ga miteru novel translations. This seemed to be the best place to send my appriaciation. I tried the website, but I'm not forum savy, so I wasn't able to find a clear place to send my message.
Anyway, thank you so much. I'm a English speaker with no secondary language skills (American!?) but a real fan of the Marimite series. I've watched the TV/OVA series up to 4th season (Hoping for another), read what mangas and one-shots that are available (still working on the doujinshi), and read the first volume of the novel (hope your still translating). I originally was not able to find any links to a novel translation. Just recently, thanks to Lililicious, I found a link to Baka-Tsuki. I cannot convey how well your translation reads. It really has the Marimite feel to it. I glad I'm able to relive the story, with great clarity, through you translated words. Thank you... for taking care of me... sorry for the intrusion. : )-

P.S. I have read people thoughts on where marimite should end. Everything from when Yumi graduates to certain relationship arches are resolved. My vote goes to when Sachiko-sama retires from consulting at her families business and Yumi steps down from being the principle of Lilian - even then, I'm not sure I would want it to end.
Thank you
YorZephyr
I would have forwarded the emails but I don't know you guys' email addresses.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thanks Big Boss,

I'll forward this post to as many translators registered on the project as I can find. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Lol there arent any at the moment at least active - but you could it forward to Erica Friedman at Okazu, too. ;)

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Lol there arent any at the moment at least active - but you could it forward to Erica Friedman at Okazu, too. ;)

That's a good idea!

thanks

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

As I was looking for a cover pic for vol 12 I found this page http://mindstalk.net/jk/Books/animeObse ... kshelf.htm with a link to this page http://mindstalk.net/jk/Books/animeObse ... K_menu.htm . Could we add the translation there (only the first two and a part of 3 were translated there) to the translation we already have in the wiki or better not?

Since it seems to be from the same translator who started the translation of vol. 12 in the wiki : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... r:Harunako

Darklor

enn_are
Astral Realm

Post by enn_are »

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the current status of this project is - at the moment I'm reading through / translating Volume 6 of this for my own enjoyment / practice, but could I submit the scripts here? If so, how should I proceed - start creating pages and uploading the text, or something else?

Thanks,

NR
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Welcome!

As it seems that our translator for MariMite is gone, I think it wouldnt be a problem if you're stepping in. Its only requested that you as translator register the chapter(s) you wish to translate at the Registration page.

Also in the wiki its not really an upload besides for pictures, but more like copy and paste or typing online. ;) And I think, yes go ahead.

Darklor

enn_are
Astral Realm

Post by enn_are »

Okay, thanks. I've finished the first chapter and should be finished the second chapter soon, but I'm not going particularly fast so I don't mind if other people are also working on this.

I'll try to spend some time with the Wiki and get Chapter 1 up tomorrow but, for now, I've registered for the first two chapters.

Later,

NR
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

Well that's Volume Six done :D

I now find myself wondering which volume I should work on next. Volume Six was an obvious place to start because it was the first untranslated novel and the conclusion of the previous book.

Part of me wants to continue to Volume Seven, but I've also read the back cover blurbs for Volumes 28-33, which aren't covered by the anime yet, and they all sound good. I don't have Volume 34, so I can rule that out at least. At the pace I'm going, if I keep working in order it'll take me about 8 years to get through the untranslated novels. :shock:

Decisions, decisions.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I would say take the one you like the most to translate...

Darklor

enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

Does anyone know what happened to Kurokaze? (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... r:Kurokaze)

I ask because I plan on translating volume 33 next and they've registered for the last chapter of it. Because it's been so long since they were last active I'm going to assume they've gone missing and I'm okay to put up my translation when I get up to that part, but I figured it would be polite to ask.

That and it helps rack up my post count. A few more and I'll avoid next year's purging :)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Since Kurokaze seems to be missing I see no problem especially since the 6-12 month rule of inactivity is long overdue, if you would translating the chapter when you reach it , if Kurokaze havent come back till then.

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

We have now two "new" translators registered in the wiki - so you all can hope to see soon some new translated chapters (if not even volumes) there - they arent really new but "immigrants" from Okazu ;) - You are Welcome here, too!

Also on another note: MariMite has gotten three new chapters translated for vol 33 since April thanks to enn-are!

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Could someone add the pics for Vol. 22 and 23? Also Vol. 22 is now complete. - Thanks!

Darklor

Return to “English”