Strike Witches - Suomus Iranko Chuutai Ganbaru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Translate?

Yes
97%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 120

warlord021
Astral Realm

Re: Strike Witches - Suomus Iranko Chuutai Ganbaru

Post by warlord021 »

Question: Why does it seem that nobody is working on the Strike Witches light novels? I'm just wondering
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Firstly, dont make a new thread, ask that question and then ask the exact same question in another thread.

Secondly, check the updates, the last update was 19Nov, so that means it is being worked upon. Selkirk is working on it I believe, so give him some time.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: I'm wondering...

Post by onizuka-gto »

please ask your question in the strike witch project thread, located here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... =44&t=2195

Merged. You lazy Itsuki Oni. :roll: - TGM

P.S. Zomg we still have some word filters?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: I'm wondering...

Post by onizuka-gto »

Merged. You lazy Itsuki Oni. :roll: - TGM

P.S. Zomg we still have some word filters?

It's nice how you can answer your own questions before you ask it in one continuous sentence.

poetic even.
:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm... somehow I dont like their outfits in the anime. Its unreasonly cold and unpractical for this what they (want to) do. Somehow I also do dislike the idea of child soldiers... Its too bad in reality so that it shouldnt be glorified.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Just read the first Chapters. Was surprised that it wasnt that bad. But I am also somehow glad that the last chapters arent complete or missing so I am not tempted to read till the sad parts begins which are supposed to come since its a war series. - And I still dont really like the theme, since its sad to see Kindersoldaten (child soldiers) lose their childhood.

Darklor

Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

The first novel is ways better than the anime.

I hope to see the read the rest... one day.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Iznogoud wrote:The first novel is ways better than the anime.

I hope to see the read the rest... one day.
I agree with the first line, not with the second.(Regarding Suomus Misfits Squadron, thats the only strike witches novel series i read.)

Though the novel and anime both bears the same title, if you read it, you would realize that they are vastly different. Not only in terms of the characters, but in terms of their enemies, the ideas etc etc.

In fact, there are several similarities regarding the characters, which actually makes it worse.

From anime:
Spoiler! :
In the first season, they fought against mainly large black things that has "cores"(same as season 2), and the appearance of humanoid enemies, which seems to have a heart.

Only air targets are around.(Not that important a detail)

Enemies are mindless drones.

Enemies use red beams, lasers.

Season one is not so bad. Both seasons contain fanservice, yet season two, they added some pointless parts like the episode on training on brooms.

Season one anime is still okay, season two seems to allow them to do melee attacks.
From novel:
Spoiler! :
The appearance of mind-controlled strike witches, and the clones of strike witches, direct clones, even the faces look the same. Only difference being that their skin is of something like a white metal.

Ground enemies exist, and that even on the grounds, they would generate some sorta of Miasma, thus the reason why strike witches are that important.(Not that important a detail)

Enemies are too similar to humans in many ways, even if they do things differently in some manners.

Enemies use bullets and guns, cannons.

Fanservice is not there, sorta... But in replacement, is lesbian love... WTF!! I am abandoning the series, just because of the idiotic lesbian love within. It goes so bad, you don't wanna know how bad it goes.

The best melee fighter was prompted and forced to start learning to rely on ranged attacks. Melee attacks are abandoned.
Contradictions:
Spoiler! :
Both sides seem surprised by humanoid enemies, but both have mentioned that they have spread the information of the new enemies around. In the anime, its about the new type of enemy, in the novel, its clones together with the enemies being able to brainwash and steal their skills/technology. Furthermore, the anime requires them to destroy the "cores" of the enemies, but the novel treats the enemies just as ships, and you can just destroy the engine and it will come tumbling down.

In the anime, everything relies on the air battles. In the novel, they are more spread-out. Though this can have its own reasons.(Not that important a detail)

If they are fighting the same enemy in both the anime and novel, why would their enemies act so differently?

Once again, if they are fighting the same enemies, why are their enemies' attacks different? In the novel, when fighting their clones, the enemy can even run out of ammo!! LOLZ!

In the anime, melee starts taking on a role, whereas in the novel, melee is COMPLETELY ABANDONED. Its weird, isn't it? If one form of attack works, they would probably allow it. But they changed that completely... Personally, i think its the fault of the anime season 2 in this part.
Regarding Darklor's comment about the sad parts... there is barely any... The author of Strike witches the novel is the same as the author for ZnT. And he doesnt let the sad parts come too sadly, if at all.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Leyana
Astral Realm

Post by Leyana »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some raws for this novel. I tried googling but that didnt help much. Any help with getting this project revived would be much appreciated. Cheers!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Did found the raws?

Darklor

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

have you tried hongfire?

also you can try with these search terms:
(一般小説) followed by the Japanese title (which in this case should be the katakana form)
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Darklor wrote:Did found the raws?
Yes ;)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Great so we can hope to see some more translated chapters... :mrgreen:

Darklor

Ouka_Fan01
Astral Realm

Post by Ouka_Fan01 »

First time posting on this community!

Just wanted to say that whoever is translating the Strike Witches lite novels, I really appriciate that you're doing so. I have enjoyed reading them quite a bit.

Thank you for your efforts, and I look forward to further reading when ever the next project is completed!

Return to “English”