Dantalian no Shoka

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:56 am

Yes
87%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
7%
No (Please give a reason)
7%

Total votes: 15

Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dantalian no Shoka (Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian)

Post by Kadi »

Yes, I'm editing Dantalian as well. You could say that I don't edit projects, but things Eusth does. However, we've tried some... experiments with Dantalian, so it's going to take some time. And especially Eusth has got a... load of work left to do. がんばってね、Eーたん!

Regarding Hakomari 5, we'll do it when it's done. But as of yet, I don't know of any release date, so it's going to take a lot of time until new releases/updates on that front.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
cvsr117
Mikuru's Master

Post by cvsr117 »

ばってね、Eーたん!

I was planning to refer to Eusth as "我が師匠", but I guess E-tan will do... (damn you for getting that image in my head Kadi!)
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

cvsr117 wrote: ...

I was planning to refer to Eusth as "我が師匠", but I guess E-tan will do... (damn you for getting that image in my head Kadi!)
Oh noes, that nickname is getting common. :D

Anyways, I've just uploaded the complete version of the two started chapters. So, Merry Christmas, I guess? (Somehow I'm just not in Christmas mood. D:)

Hope you enjoy them. I especially love the Hal and Flamberge duo - but it's volume 3 where they get really awesome. Also, I will not translate anything of Dantalian no Shoka anymore. But there's something else I'm working on during the time we're waiting for HakoMari 5. :D
MadJustin7
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MadJustin7 »

New chapters of Dantalian no Shoka = Best Christmas Present ever! :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Oh, no more Chapters for Dantalion? (Not that I have read them :twisted: ;)) Lost interest? Can we look forward to a new project?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Darklor wrote:Oh, no more Chapters for Dantalion? (Not that I have read them :twisted: ;)) Lost interest? Can we look forward to a new project?
Yeah, at least for now. Maybe I'll do one or two of my favorite chapters anyway, but not actively. And yes, there's something else (should it ever see the light of day) - but not anything (too) dark for a change.
MadJustin7
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MadJustin7 »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:
Darklor wrote:Oh, no more Chapters for Dantalion? (Not that I have read them :twisted: ;)) Lost interest? Can we look forward to a new project?
Yeah, at least for now. Maybe I'll do one or two of my favorite chapters anyway, but not actively. And yes, there's something else (should it ever see the light of day) - but not anything (too) dark for a change.
Volume one is so close to being finished. Is there no way for you to just finish chapter 3 and then quit? It would be nice to have a complete volume.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

MadJustin7 wrote: Volume one is so close to being finished. Is there no way for you to just finish chapter 3 and then quit? It would be nice to have a complete volume.
I would first want to edit the previous chapters (chiefly chapter 1 & 2) to an acceptable level before completing it, because as soon as the whole volume is available, people will start making and sharing PDFs of it. Well, pretty much a problem of pride, but I really don't feel comfortable about the quality of those first few chapters. :D
Well, I'll see if I can find some time after my current project since the remaining chapter is actually quite interesting, featuring the first appearance of Camilla.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

EusthEnoptEron wrote: Yeah, at least for now. Maybe I'll do one or two of my favorite chapters anyway, but not actively. And yes, there's something else (should it ever see the light of day) - but not anything (too) dark for a change.
Which are your favorite chapters?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Darklor wrote:
EusthEnoptEron wrote: Yeah, at least for now. Maybe I'll do one or two of my favorite chapters anyway, but not actively. And yes, there's something else (should it ever see the light of day) - but not anything (too) dark for a change.
Which are your favorite chapters?
The chapters that feature Hal & Flamberge. But I already achieved what I posted there by translating "The Book Burners". ;)
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

MadJustin7 wrote:Volume one is so close to being finished. Is there no way for you to just finish chapter 3 and then quit? It would be nice to have a complete volume.
Here you go.

Now back to editing the new LN...
MadJustin7
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MadJustin7 »

:D Thank You
RandomPasserBy
Astral Realm

Post by RandomPasserBy »

so finally dantalian have it's own anime
but i can honestly say i'm not amused ;___;
so please continue translating the novel, eust-san ;___;
kuroi_shinigami
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Well, thanks to Eust who translated vol 1, I'm hooked on this series right now. It jump up into next on my list to translate after I run out of things to translate(only possible if Teh_Ping decide to go on a spree on both IS and Baka to Test :lol: ) Well, my speed definitely can't be compared to Eust-senpai though since I'm such a slowpoke when translating :lol:

Anyway, question to Eust, is the series still have its charm even until the latest volume? Or did it get better or worse? I actually like the short story independent format, and the book reference really intrigue me being a book lover myself(still not enough to be a bibliomaniac level yet though), but I'm afraid that after 8 volumes it will lose its freshness and get repetitive for keep following the same recipe (someone have a phantom book, Huey and Dalian heard about it, goes to investigate, retrieve the phantom book, return it to inside Dalian). I don't mind a little spoiler, but please keep the heavy one inside spoiler tag :lol:
Fill in the blank : She ( ) a bus

Yoshii Akihisa's answer : She is a bus

Tsuchiya Kouta's answer : 彼女はブスです
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Mh... personally, I still enjoy reading it and I think it still has a nice 雰囲気, but there are two problems I have with the series:
  1. It has gotten a little "lukewarm" toward the later volumes, IMO. I have the feeling the dark elements have decreased slightly, though that's just what I felt while reading. If I look at the pictures now, I don't get that impression so much anymore.
  2. A main storyline is next to non-existent. This may change now that Dantalian isn't serialized in the Sneaker anymore, but I would have wished for a bit more of a greater plot. E.g. you don't hear anything of that mysterious girl in the Bibliotheca until volume 7.
Well, but other than that it's a nice, atmospheric read. And after all, I've always ordered the latest volume right away until now. :D

Btw. I'm going to start working on the last chapter of volume 3 soon, because I love Hal & Flamberge. Maybe even today.

Return to “English”