Golden Time

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Golden Time ?

It was good! Please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 876

l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Golden Time: General

Post by l.kostas »

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/783/783951/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/7 ... dex-2.html

"Golden Time: Vivid Memories’ second mini-game is "VJ Slash"
Ward off 3D girls as Nijigen-kun's brain wife brought to life":
http://gematsu.com/2014/01/golden-time- ... e-vj-slash
Last edited by l.kostas on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

It seems that it's only showing the first chapter of volume 5. I thought I saw the second chapter in the preview of the last episode. Maybe it's the second half of the episode...
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

amrul wrote:It seems that it's only showing the first chapter of volume 5. I thought I saw the second chapter in the preview of the last episode. Maybe it's the second half of the episode...
The scene Kouko was wearing an apron from the preview is indeed from chapter 2. They can adapt the first two chapters in an episode. They have three episodes for each remaining volume, but I don't know if they can use one episode to cover the other two chapters of volume 5 to leave more time for a later volume.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

l.kostas wrote:
amrul wrote:It seems that it's only showing the first chapter of volume 5. I thought I saw the second chapter in the preview of the last episode. Maybe it's the second half of the episode...
The scene Kouko was wearing an apron from the preview is indeed from chapter 2. They can adapt the first two chapters in an episode. They have three episodes for each remaining volume, but I don't know if they can use one episode to cover the other two chapters of volume 5 to leave more time for a later volume.
Well I'd say they should. With 4 more volumes to cover in 12 episodes, there will be an average of 3 episodes per volume. But volume 7 is quite long, so I think there will be some parts rushed (hopefully not the important ones like in the previous episodes).
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

It adapted the first two chapters comletely. There is one change at the scene from the prologue:
Spoiler! :
In the novel Linda said out loud:
" If I had made it in time... I would have held your hand tight and never let go!"
Banri: "Your? You are mentioning my accident? You knew the old me?"
Linda: "No, you made a mistake. I don't know you."
That's how she got on her bike and left in a hurry in the novel.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

My memory is hazy about chapter 2 (which is the second half of eps 13). No wonder she talked about her helper at home, the thing about cooking for him is fake from the beginning :lol: . That let me down a little bit because I thought it was real all the time, guess I need to improve my reading comprehension now :lol:

But his former self's resentment and plan to curse him, at least that explains why things haven't calmed down until now (volume 7).

The animation quality seems to be worse here, especially in the first half, makes me want to drop it and focus on the novel and manga entirely :roll:
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rpapo »

Anime episode 13: Interesting. Air Yakisoba, eh? The Ghost gets nasty. Banri gets hesitant. Unfortunately, I have no basis upon which to compare it to the books at this point.
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

OP -ED lyrics:
OP2: "The♡World's♡End"
http://s.ameblo.jp/namco-pacmandays/ent ... 02039.html
ED2: "半永久的に愛してよ♡ (Haneikyuu-teki ni Aishite yo♡; Love Me Temporarily♡)"
http://s.ameblo.jp/namco-pacmandays/ent ... 05540.html
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Episode 14: Up to the point they see Mitsuo and Linda together, it is the third chapter of volume 5. The rest was taken from the second extra, chapter 2: A Hundred Years After That Summer, We're Still Laughing. Episode 15 will cover volume 5 chapter 4. The small part with Banri and Mitsuo in the end is from that chapter.
How Mitsuo started hanging around with Linda is explaind at the first chapter of the second extra. Maybe Takemiya wrote that after volume 5 to explain how we see suddenly Mitsuo and Linda spending time together:
A few days after the party/job from the end of episode 12, light novel volume 4, Mitsuo was talking with Banri. He told him Linda had droped a strap or something like that and asked him to return it to her. After all the drama between him and Kouko Banri asked Mitsuo to return it himself to Linda.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

l.kostas wrote:Episode 14: Up to the point they see Mitsuo and Linda together, it is the third chapter of volume 5. The rest was taken from the second extra, chapter 2: A Hundred Years After That Summer, We're Still Laughing. Episode 15 will cover volume 5 chapter 4. The small part with Banri and Mitsuo in the end is from that chapter.
How Mitsuo started hanging around with Linda is explaind at the first chapter of the second extra. Maybe Takemiya wrote that after volume 5 to explain how we see suddenly Mitsuo and Linda spending time together:
A few days after the party/job from the end of episode 12, light novel volume 4, Mitsuo was talking with Banri. He told him Linda had droped a strap or something like that and asked him to return it to her. After all the drama between him and Kouko Banri asked Mitsuo to return it himself to Linda.
that's quite surprising that they added the extra chapter into the main story. hopefully it's not only for the sake of fan service :lol:

the very last part is in chapter 3 though. so the thing about seeing mitsuo and linda together is in the chapter after all, must've missed it when I read them. but at least that shed some light to what happened in the latest volumes. it's quite surprising that kouko's uneasiness is elaborated at the side story instead of the main story (which up until now left me speculating on why it turned out like at the end of the seventh volume). in other words, extras should be read to get deeper insight of the stories, cannot be just treated as optional extras :lol: .

so next is fully concentrated on chapter 4 it seems, since I can't see how they are going to continue from the cliffhanger of volume 5 within the same episode...
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

Episode 14: Very definitely the obligatory fan service episode. And now we see how Kouko and Chinami get to be friends, though it is definitely Chinami making the effort and dragging Kouko along kicking and screaming. 8)
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

I thought that episode 14 was one of the best episodes of anime I've seen for a while. Not because of the fan-service, but because of the surprisingly frank and open discussion between two college girls about sex, love, insecurity, and self doubt. Amazing stuff, really!

One of the most telling comments was when Chinami asked if Kouko ever got "in the mood" when she and Banri are alone in his apartment, to which Kouko said, something like, "not really". She wants to be demonstrative with him when they are in safe places, but doesn't really get hot and heavy when it could lead to ... Paris in Tokyo, so to speak. It seriously suggests that Kouko's desire is for acknowledgement, not sex...
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

amrul wrote:so next is fully concentrated on chapter 4 it seems, since I can't see how they are going to continue from the cliffhanger of volume 5 within the same episode...

That scene is from chapter 4. They didn't really stop at the cliffhanger, but a bit after the start of chapter 4.
In this scene Kouko is cosplaying "the actress Audrey Hepburn spy style" :) according to the novel:
ImageImage
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

I actually got the Audrey Hepburn reference, though I may not have placed the actress... I knew it was from a famous movie...
Now blogging at Nabe!!.

Return to “English”