Golden Time

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Golden Time ?

It was good! Please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 876

l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Golden Time: General

Post by l.kostas »

Episode 15:
Volume 5 chapter 4. The preview of episode 16 has scenes from volume 6 chapters 1 and 2.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rpapo »

Finally finished episode 15. Life's been busy.

Well, Banri's Ghost got to save the day. Maybe he can redeem himself yet.

Apart from that, we now what just what was going on in the Swimsuit Issue (volume #5). Lots of smiles here, for many reasons.
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

But man! That ending... Serious chills and foreboding at the end of episode 15. (I assume everyone is alright because nega-Banri broke through enough barriers to save them. I hope this signals that he is ready to give up and let Banri and Kouko be happy, but I doubt it.)

This is really one of the better romantic comedy series I have watched/read. I love it!
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Volume 3 epub, mobi and pdf. I have also updated the other two volumes.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=4838&p=177511

At the Dengeki Online site they have a few samples of the tankobon volumes released on the 27th. Look under the cover illustration ,there are a few page numbers.

Anthology:
http://dengekionline.com/comic-trial/14 ... -3/?page=1
Volume 5:
http://dengekionline.com/comic-trial/14 ... -9/?page=1
Evergreen 3:
http://dengekionline.com/comic-trial/14 ... -6/?page=1

Episode 16 screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/797/797407/
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

l.kostas wrote: Episode 16 screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/797/797407/
they didn't actually left out the cat, great!! :lol: :lol:

hopefully the first 2 chapters are fully fit into the episode, since the first chapter is quite brief, mostly flashback of the car accident and banri's decision to go to the kaga residence
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Good! The cat got into the anime. The cat gets quite a part in the manga.

Thinking of which stuff, yesterday I received the new "Golden Time Anthology" manga tankobon. Interesting. It is 12 relatively short chapters of what I can only term as imaginative and fun spinoffs from the manga. But it wasn't the LN illustrator, nor the main manga illustrator that did the work. The style is close, but not quite the same as the manga.

Anyway, you get things like a scene where Chinami is some sort of forest sprite, and Kouko is out there hunting her down with a bow . . . and the arrow is the snake from volume 2! :lol:

UPDATE: Just watched episode 16. I prefer how the cat is depicted in the manga. It has more personality there...

Anyway, it's good to see Banri in the Kaga family's good graces, though where her mother was in all that I have no idea. And it's interesting how the focus of the series is slowly turning from Banri's demons to Kouko's demons, which makes the ending of volume 7 make much more sense.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

rpapo wrote: UPDATE: Just watched episode 16. I prefer how the cat is depicted in the manga. It has more personality there...

Anyway, it's good to see Banri in the Kaga family's good graces, though where her mother was in all that I have no idea. And it's interesting how the focus of the series is slowly turning from Banri's demons to Kouko's demons, which makes the ending of volume 7 make much more sense.
I think it's included here because it's the cat that actually gave way to kouko noticing that her father was there watching them, then he started babbling and ask banri to cook him some ramen. The cat wears a bell and attached to his father :lol: :lol:

Her mother actually supposed to appear during their arrest after the confession scene back then (also in the manga), but somehow the anime eliminated her completely. In volume 6, apparently her mother was not at home when banri came, due to her work. The maid is also not in the house, which is why banri ended up making ramen for kouko's father. After she fell asleep the mission is accomplished and tomorrow (novel timeline) is the summer festival.

From what it looks like the next episode seems to be only chapter 3, hmmm looks like they making it more elaborate for these part of the story. It's okay if the minor points are skipped though.

Episode 17:

looks like they add another side story in the 2nd half. That's quite a lot of revelation, feels like it should've been included in the main volumes of the novel. Probably it's kept as extra because it's not from banri's point of view/narration. Now I'm wondering if it'll finish good with 7 episodes remaining :roll:
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Golden Time

Post by l.kostas »

amrul wrote: Episode 17:

looks like they add another side story in the 2nd half. That's quite a lot of revelation, feels like it should've been included in the main volumes of the novel.
Episode 17: The third extra describes what the others did while Banri and Linda were back in Shizuoka. The parts where Kouko went to help at Chinami's new house and Mitsuo talked to Linda and figured out she and Banri are from the same place aren't at volume 6. The second was taken from the third extra:
目を覚ますと、もう夜中だった。 それから、リンダの行く先と万里の実家を思い出して、新幹線の停車駅などを照らし合わせると、万里とリンダの実家が同じことを知った。 退院後、万里に電話をしてみたが、何も聞くことができなかったのだった。

The first might be completely made up or just based at something they saw at the extra. It is mentioned how Banri and Kouko went to Chinami's house to help the day before Banri left:
それから、千波の引っ越しの日、静岡へ帰る前日にも関わらず万里と香子が荷ほどきの手伝いにやってきた。
Third extra summary (in Japanese)
http://keikennthi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-157.html
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Episode 17 - Interesting. Reading and translating the story from the beginning, I hadn't really realized that Banri had not spoken much about his past, and that in particular Mitsuo didn't know much at all. After all, his statements at the cult meeting were pretty much an announcement to all. But of course, the only people in the core group who heard that were Kouko and Nijigen. Of course, it is quite possible that Mitsuo never noticed anything because he was wrapped up in his own problems.

So far, so good, but Kouko is playing with fire by allowing the situations that could bring Banri's Ghost to the fore. Then again, she justifiably wants Banri to be whole again, because only then can he fully put Linda behind him.

This episode showed more of the dynamic between Linda and Mitsuo, too. They share a part-time job, and he is pursuing her, but she is fending him off politely. Perhaps too politely. But then again, that's Linda: too polite and self-sacrificing for her own good. An older version of Kushieda Minori, in a way.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

looking at eps 18 preview, it seems that elements of the extra volumes are included (with necessary modifications). Things that happened at Banri's high school reunion and kouko's activities during the summer holiday are shown simultaneously. Hopefully they know how to properly compress 2 more volumes in 6 episodes :lol:
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/804/804005/

Episode 18 preview screenshots. Volume 6 chapter 4 is all about Banri and Linda back in Shizuoka, so all the scenes with Kouko and NANA-senpai must be taken from the 3rd chapter of the 3rd extra.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

Episode 18: Too bad they didn't follow up more on the Exorcist bit. :lol: Beyond that, we see Banri's memories returning little by little. Fun episode. Face Ball!
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

rpapo wrote:Episode 18: Too bad they didn't follow up more on the Exorcist bit. :lol: Beyond that, we see Banri's memories returning little by little. Fun episode. Face Ball!
The bit about exorcist and nana-senpai is from the extra volume (there's an illustration of kouko holding down nana-senpai in it). About banri's memory, I doubt that the memories are returning. During the class reunion, most of the past that he learned is stories brought up by his classmates, including linda. Why the memories aren't returning? So far it's a mystery, considering he went back for the sake of facing his past and regaining them.

Anyway, I'd say this episode is just the calm before a storm, considering what happened in volume 7 :lol:

Man, they should've just release the 8th volume within this month while I'm still here :roll:
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

amrul wrote:Why the memories aren't returning? So far it's a mystery, considering he went back for the sake of facing his past and regaining them.
The very fact that he had that scene where he was rescuing Ghost Banri, and his confused memory from the car accident.

Not all his memories. Just a select traumatic few.
amrul
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by amrul »

rpapo wrote:
amrul wrote:Why the memories aren't returning? So far it's a mystery, considering he went back for the sake of facing his past and regaining them.
The very fact that he had that scene where he was rescuing Ghost Banri, and his confused memory from the car accident.

Not all his memories. Just a select traumatic few.
The ones in the car accident and post-accident events aren't exactly what I meant by his lost memories. I'm referring to the memories up to the accident at the bridge. Up until now he never really recalled any events before the accident. Only in the last episode (and also last chapter of volume 6) that he finally experienced flashback of the accident.

Chapter 1 of volume 7 actually talks about this in detail, along with his conversations with his mother on the way to the station, before going back to Tokyo. Long story short, his checkup at the hospital shows that he is healthy. But his memories are not returning, and in the flashback we saw in eps 18 shows that his past self actually refused to be saved and fell into the river (the anime didn't show this, but the novel described it in detail). This led him to the conclusion that his past memories went with his past self into the riverbed, and with this he thought that the problem is solved, without knowing it's only the tip of the iceberg. The rest of volume 7, I would say it's a series of disasters (a little bit of exaggeration here) :lol:

That's how I come to the conclusion that all his past memories prior to the accident are still missing. At least he didn't remember them himself, aside from being told by friends and pictures. His feelings towards linda did return, but only feeling, without knowing why.

I doubt the anime will show this part of the story, since it's practically 3 episodes per volume remaining (without including the extras) and volume 7 is longer that the previous volumes :lol:

Return to “English”