Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 539

jvmunhoz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei (無職転生)

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Post by jvmunhoz »

So, Cloudii, is it you who does the TLC/proofread or is it someone else? I haven't started reading yet 'cause I'm waiting those to be finished. Any estimative when they will be done? Thanks!
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

I don't know about Shipin, but there was no real editor active while I did that part. So you might as well read it now, it won't improve much.

EDIT: Did a quick check, Shipin does a light proofread, something around 20 changes per chapter (rough guess). Just read it.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
jvmunhoz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei (無職転生)

Post by jvmunhoz »

Hmm, so this TLC refers to english grammar correction and stuff, right? Though it was something related to the translation itself...
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

jvmunhoz wrote:Hmm, so this TLC refers to english grammar correction and stuff, right? Though it was something related to the translation itself...
Okashira's done the TLC (checking the translation for accuracy) in the past, but it seems like he hasn't been around lately. I'll most likely do it myself in the future if I ever find the time to, but it's not on my immediate schedule. You can read it, but the style on volume 6 may not be as top-notch as I'd like a fully like it to be.

I should mention that my personal editor is severely overloaded with stuff to edit. I have volume 6 entirely translated (minus chapter 12), but I've decided I'm not uploading anything until at least one editor checks the chapter.

Hence, if you'd like to see updates, then you should perhaps volunteer to edit. ;D
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Just randomly choosing people won't put your stuff on the quality you presumably want it at... just sayin'

And yes, sometimes no "edit" (what you call edit isn't what I call edit) is better than just any "edit".
jvmunhoz wrote:Hmm, so this TLC refers to english grammar correction and stuff, right? Though it was something related to the translation itself...
AFAIK only JoJo references. And no, no grammar corrections, just typos, as far as I can tell.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

cautr wrote:Just randomly choosing people won't put your stuff on the quality you presumably want it at... just sayin'

And yes, sometimes no "edit" (what you call edit isn't what I call edit) is better than just any "edit".
AFAIK only JoJo references. And no, no grammar corrections, just typos, as far as I can tell.
Of course. ;D That's why I have this set up.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

I just noticed there are a lot of chapters marked by tlc/proofread, and if you don't mind would you let me do it(specifically this series only)? I heard you have to apply, but it seems boring to read one of the assigned passages, so I was thinking about sending you a proofread version of one of the chapters to see what you think. I'll check back tomorrow when I'm free after my summer classes are over. Also, just for a little background I'm a frequent reader(expansive vocabulary) and I've also gone through several other light novels on the site very quickly(took me bout a week to get from SAO v1-v9) so I'd definitely like to be helping out if it means I get to read a little more. Editing doesn't seem like too much of a chore anyway. I did check around however and I saw that I could do "anonymous editing". I just did that for the afterword of volume 1 (misplaced commas and misuse of a series regarding the usage of the word "and"). Also a question, do you remove the tlc/proofreads after several edits or do you get someone to check them again to make them official?
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

OhHaiThar wrote:I just noticed there are a lot of chapters marked by tlc/proofread, and if you don't mind would you let me do it(specifically this series only)? I heard you have to apply, but it seems boring to read one of the assigned passages, so I was thinking about sending you a proofread version of one of the chapters to see what you think. I'll check back tomorrow when I'm free after my summer classes are over. Also, just for a little background I'm a frequent reader(expansive vocabulary) and I've also gone through several other light novels on the site very quickly(took me bout a week to get from SAO v1-v9) so I'd definitely like to be helping out if it means I get to read a little more. Editing doesn't seem like too much of a chore anyway. I did check around however and I saw that I could do "anonymous editing". I just did that for the afterword of volume 1 (misplaced commas and misuse of a series regarding the usage of the word "and"). Also a question, do you remove the tlc/proofreads after several edits or do you get someone to check them again to make them official?
Actually, the main reason why I had the TLC/Proofreads there is because I'm a chinese translator. Typically, Okashira would check the translations against the Japanese, which he can read. After he does that, we typically remove that tag.

Other than that, feel free to edit whatever you like. Baka-Tsuki is open to pretty much anyone :3

If you're interested in getting advance google doc access to things that I translate, then you should email me with something (I'm looking for talented hardworking personal editors who can give good suggestions and improve the style of my writing before I post to BT).
OhHaiThar
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by OhHaiThar »

Actually, the main reason why I had the TLC/Proofreads there is because I'm a chinese translator. Typically, Okashira would check the translations against the Japanese, which he can read. After he does that, we typically remove that tag.

Other than that, feel free to edit whatever you like. Baka-Tsuki is open to pretty much anyone :3

If you're interested in getting advance google doc access to things that I translate, then you should email me with something (I'm looking for talented hardworking personal editors who can give good suggestions and improve the style of my writing before I post to BT).
I'd have all of them proofread by tomorrow but I have exams and I kinda got cocky and blew off the last one so I'll have them done by Saturday since I need to study. It would be great if Okashira could check them soon so we could get this rolling out at a faster pace; I've gone through some of the spoilers for this series on other forums and I regret looking at it and not being able to read it for myself. Also, about the v6.5 thing I think it would be a good idea to translate it, I heard it builds a little more character into Ai and Kaoru(there's a rumor on the forums that's really tempting) but this is entirely up to you. *Do not open that spoiler if you haven't gone through 6.5 just a little question there.
Spoiler! :
So is Kaoru a girl or does he have a little sister that's playing his stunt double? I want this cleared up(I heard you were reading 6.5).
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

If I don't get any progress from the editing side within a week, I think I'm gonna post my translations anyways. It's hard to get this editor things to work q___q
OhHaiThar wrote:

I'd have all of them proofread by tomorrow but I have exams and I kinda got cocky and blew off the last one so I'll have them done by Saturday since I need to study. It would be great if Okashira could check them soon so we could get this rolling out at a faster pace; I've gone through some of the spoilers for this series on other forums and I regret looking at it and not being able to read it for myself. Also, about the v6.5 thing I think it would be a good idea to translate it, I heard it builds a little more character into Ai and Kaoru(there's a rumor on the forums that's really tempting) but this is entirely up to you. *Do not open that spoiler if you haven't gone through 6.5 just a little question there.
Spoiler! :
So is Kaoru a girl or does he have a little sister that's playing his stunt double? I want this cleared up(I heard you were reading 6.5).
Actually, from my opinion, 6.5 builds a lot on Masuzu's character (plus maybe Chiwa). There's not very much Ai or Hime in the volume. If you're a Masuzu fan, 6.5 is incredible. I wasn't planning to translate it because I wanted to leave it open for new translators to try their hand at OreShura, but it is a really good volume.

The whole Kaoru/Kaorii thing is the last chapter. I won't spoil it, but it's interesting for sure. xD
kami-chan-sama
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kami-chan-sama »

Are PDF versions of OreShura available? I would try to make my own if I wasn't so awful at it...
Keep up the good work everyone o/
Stonykun
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Stonykun »

I would like to get the pdf's too. I love the anime and rewatch it from time to time, but i just want to read the real story.
Keep going everyone! I'm counting on you!!
MovingMan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MovingMan »

Big big thanks to the translators for the translations!! I just finished volume 6 today and the series so far has been thoroughly enjoyable. Keep going! :))
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

Is Cloudii Cloud still available? If not, then who is the one in charge right now? I need to talk with the one responsible regarding Oreshura translation. ^^

Edit: Nevermind, was able to get in touch with Cloudii Cloud.
Crimsonbreaker13
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonbreaker13 »

are there pdf files for this series? can anyone post the links up?

Return to “English”