Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 539

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru: General

Post by cloudii »

I wanted to ask: In the wiki is there a way to change the font?

If so, I think that might be a good way to mark words that are actually spoken in English. Up until now, I've been placing English-English in all caps.
cautr wrote:Yes, I'm aware of that. The name wasn't important, we could call it "Pre-Chapter-Extra" or whatever. I just meant it's positioning at the end of the chapters. That looked wrong to me.
On second thought, sometimes they are slightly tied the chapter that preceded them. One of them, if I recall correctly, is the club application form. Would it make more sense if it showed up right after the chapter where they talk about making the club? Mayhem I'm just used to manga chapters placing Omakes at the end of chapters, not the beginning. |D

I'd personally let Okashira decide since he actually has the book and can make a judgement based on how it appears in the book.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Yes you can. Html/css are legit.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

cloud wrote:I wanted to ask: In the wiki is there a way to change the font?

If so, I think that might be a good way to mark words that are actually spoken in English. Up until now, I've been placing English-English in all caps.
But add a footnote, too. <ref>Word is written in English.</ref>
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Okashira, could you try to prioritize Vol 1 Afterword / Vol 2 Chapter 9 / Afterword for fulltext purposes?

skeeter101
Astral Realm

Post by skeeter101 »

I love the series but I am unable to find more, I would love to see more anime episodes but I would also like someone to help me find the manga and light novels and also any other recomendations. Please contact me at jgmcarthur101[at]hotmail.com
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Quick question to the rest of the staff:
- Become popular ( モテまくり ) : A combination of the word "popular" ( モテ ) and roll out ( まくり ) , it's a term coined in Pachi-lemon, a magazine within the Oreshura world and is used to describe extreme popularity. It is eventually adopted by the club and has a wide-spread use with every character.
This isn't the thing you could TL as "popucute", is it? If it is, I'd have to re-do everything one more time, to be consistent and get a grasp of the comedic aspect. Also, what exactly is the thing that can be translated to "popucute"? Has it always been translated as "popular and cute" in the chapters?

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

モテまくり is just "Super Popular"

Quoted from zokugo-dict (dictionary of colloquialism):
[1] まくるとは動詞の後につけることで、その動詞の行為が勢いよく行われるさまや、むやみに成されるさまを表す言葉である。若者言葉で名詞の後に『する』や『る』を付けて動詞化するものがあるが、平成以降、まくるも名詞の後に付けて動詞化する言葉としても使われている
まくる(り)in this colloquial usage literally means "full of / filled with / a lot / great amount of" with emphasis on 'quantity' or 'magnitude'.

In my humble opinion, モテまくり can just be translated to "super popular", "ultra popular", or "insanely popular", "absurdly popular" and so forth (I think the last two are actually pretty good myself :lol: ). There's no need to create a new term unnecessarily to make reading harder or to confuse readers. Speaking of which, I looked at the teaser I did last time when I was still a greenhorn translator, and things I left untranslated like opanchu can actually be translated to English. At least the me now will translate it to English equivalent for sure :lol: . Only things like Ji-En-Otsu, or important references where there's great benefit to not liberalizing, and things like these should be left alone, supplemented with notes. Remember also this is not a sci-fi nor fantasy novel, you don't really need a terminology page. Just my two cents feedback though *shrug*. 8)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Thanks, larethian. I do know that there is some term which is fictional and refers to something like "popucute". Just wanted to make sure that this isn't it. Saves me a load of work.

Well, frankly, I don't care about the terminology section and share your op. of it not being needed, as most of it is also TL-noted at its first appearance in the respective chapters. It was already there when I tended to the guidelines and, well, it certainly doesn't hurt. Someone put work into it, might as well keep it.

cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

This is actually really relevant because I just translated a chapter that spammed that term. |D

I'm pretty sure Okashira put the "becoming popular" there originally, but I like Lare-tan's suggestion. xD I confess that when I was translating this time, I knew it was referring to the "popucute" term whatever, but I don't like using fake English words that much.......
larethian wrote:Remember also this is not a sci-fi nor fantasy novel, you don't really need a terminology page. Just my two cents feedback though *shrug*. 8)
|D for the most part, I consider having a terminology page for my own reference.... if only because I have to memorize what characters in Chinese translate to the term we agreed on in japanese. Unlike you all, I can't do it phonetically. :c

I'll really want to record the names from Maguke references sometime, because I always run into the names and think..... oh wait.... what was the main character's name again? Pretending the chinese is kanji and sticking into a romanji converter doesn't always work either.... (<--- The plight of not having japanese raws).
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

No, this wasn't the popucute term. popucute was "motekawa", just remembered that I already asked that some time ago. :roll:

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

EHHH!?
OFF-TOPIC but cloud, you can't use that avatar!! Patchouli is reserved for our dear Patchy!!
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

larethian wrote:OFF-TOPIC but cloud, you can't use that avatar!! Patchouli is reserved for our dear Patchy!!
Oh my~! Now we can't be having two Patchy's now. That's l-like... having two main characters~! (unacceptable of course) xD

If not Patchy, then naturally we much go with her subordinate with the giant red-purple blob shots~! <3
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Excuse me?

Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

cautr wrote:Excuse me?
Just some fans of Touhou. :lol:
Ancien traducteur amateur EN/FR / Ex-Amateur EN/FR Translator
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

cautr wrote:Excuse me?
Patchy, is our avatar and sig creator on Animesuki. She is to be respected, and loved. cloud's previous avatar is Patchouli (Patchy) of Tohou. That's blasphemous in our eyes. :lol:

Return to “English”