Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 539

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Post by larethian »

There are actually 4 main girls, just like Seizon, 4 seasons. However, the author does have other girls which I feel are more for 'trolling' the fans and has not much development (at least for now). For Seizon, indeed, there are other girls, but they get little screen time and character development which makes me feel that they are not as significant as the 4 seasons. Also, I'm not too clear about the romance direction Seizon is taking, I'm reading more for the gags. I can tell you right now, that Ore Shura has one particular strength not commonly seen in other harem stories, and that's consistency. Whatever happens in Ore Shura, it keeps to the central focus on its 2 core themes which the story revolves around, that is Shuraba (mayhem) situations and JiEn-Otsu (self made self acting) scenes, which is the basis of the club formed in the story. Unless the author starts degrading his work and play 'mind troll' games with the fans, or start changing his direction, I can already see the end. But it's not about knowing the end that matters in this story, it's about knowing the process and the development on how the end is reached. That's what's interesting about the novel. The jokes are funny, but nowhere near Seizon, Baka Test, and even Haganai levels (which I consider to be less than Baka Test and Seizon).
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

4 main girls? Only read the first volume, and there were only 2. Do the 2 others get introduced in the second volume, and is there development?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kira0802 wrote:4 main girls? Only read the first volume, and there were only 2. Do the 2 others get introduced in the second volume, and is there development?
The first 2 are Spring and Summer. Volume 2 we get Autumn, Volume 3 we get Winter. I'm 3/4s done with volume 4, a really enjoyable read I'd say.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

I like Fuyumi Ai (Winter) the most out of the 4 girls if I have to say so myself. It's like she has dual personalities, Serious mode and Moe mode.

One example is
Spoiler! :
During the confession of Eita to her, as a "Club Activity", she completely lost her serious composure and went into Moe mode
And yes, it really is an enjoyable read.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I'll catch up to it tonight, putting SAO aside just for this time.
Kira0802

lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

you reading SAO or translating?

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

lchigo93 wrote:I like Fuyumi Ai (Winter) the most out of the 4 girls if I have to say so myself. It's like she has dual personalities, Serious mode and Moe mode.

One example is
Spoiler! :
During the confession of Eita to her, as a "Club Activity", she completely lost her serious composure and went into Moe mode
And yes, it really is an enjoyable read.
It's actually Tsun mode and Dere mode. :lol:
That's chapter 0 of v4 heh. But check out the part where Saeko did the Dere test in chapter 2. First, "Tsun-ko", then "Dere-ko", two different responses, and making a jab at herself. LOL.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

I'm still waiting for ch2 of v4 to be translated by the chinese translators. Still stuck on ch1... Yeah, Tsun-mode and Dere-mode might be a better way of saying it. Seeing the switch between those those 2 is totally priceless.

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

lchigo93 wrote:I'm still waiting for ch2 of v4 to be translated by the chinese translators. Still stuck on ch1... Yeah, Tsun-mode and Dere-mode might be a better way of saying it. Seeing the switch between those those 2 is totally priceless.
Tsun mode and Dere mode is used in the original text. Ai-chan is classified as the Tsundere archetype by Saeko.

Anyway, I just finished volume 4. I must say this. The author did not disappoint. The last 2 chapters were extremely satisfying, and this is probably the most satisfying harem love comedy I've ever read. Not that I've read many, but I think I read enough to know that this is real good. I like how consistent the author is, how he sticks to his core themes, the not overly excessive manzai jokes, and how despite this being a very overdone genre, makes things real interesting. Masuzu gets great development in this volume. Aside from how
Spoiler! :
Masuzu has entered 恋愛脳 (lovestruck) mode in the last chapter, despite how anti she was about it.
I especially like the way he ended the volume by going back to the 'title' (Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba sugiru). Somehow,
Spoiler! :
I feel that it's obvious that this is a straight ball romantic development between 2 anti-love compatriots and the harem component serves to create Shuraba situations, but yet he makes me want to have the desire to find out how the development unfolds. Anyway, the fact that this is pretty much a straight ball development is quite clear from the afterword.
The consistency and the lack of haphazard plot which I see in some other harem series tells me he has everything planned out, including the ending. And I can't help but be impressed after reading his afterword. Behind the Shuraba setting, the story is centered on the concept of two people who are "Running Away From Love", and their process of overcoming it in a Shuraba setting :lol: . And I can rest easy after this volume's afterword. For it has, to a certain degree, strengthened the evidence that my understanding of his story was not wrong and matched some of the things I've speculated on. This novel is worthy of a review, that is when I feel like doing it.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

lchigo93 wrote:you reading SAO or translating?
Reading Mother Rosario.

Finished Volume 2. WTH was wrong with that girl?????? :lol:
Kira0802

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kira0802 wrote:
lchigo93 wrote:you reading SAO or translating?
Reading Mother Rosario.

Finished Volume 2. WTH was wrong with that girl?????? :lol:
You 're talking about Autumn (Akishino Himeka)? She's a ChuuniByou. Same as Eita when he was in middle school. I think Eita's Chuuni note is even of a higher Chuuni level than her. :lol:
Or are you talking about Natsukawa Mana?

By the way, I want to bribe the both of you (Kira & Ichigo) to translate volume 4. I'm taking last 2 chapters :D.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

larethian wrote: You 're talking about Autumn (Akishino Himeka)? She's a ChuuniByou. Same as Eita when he was in middle school. I think Eita's Chuuni note is even of a higher Chuuni level than her. :lol:
Or are you talking about Natsukawa Mana?

By the way, I want to bribe the both of you (Kira & Ichigo) to translate volume 4. I'm taking last 2 chapters :D.
lols, I think he's talking about Mana, her personality's really twisted. I'd translate chapter 0 and 1 if my english level was really good, but too bad my english kinda sucks. I could help with the editing though...

Edit: Typo
Last edited by lchigo93 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

english level was really food
So, you think of eating English manuals to become better in English? Have a good meal! :lol:

Talking about the black-haired, right. How does she call herself again? Princess?
Kira0802

lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

Kira0802 wrote:
english level was really food
So, you think of eating English manuals to become better in English? Have a good meal! :lol:

Talking about the black-haired, right. How does she call herself again? Princess?
Shoot, typo, edited it. lols. Akishino Himeka, Autumn, hime-chan, princess. And other names That I forgot, she has the "Middle School Fantasizing Syndrome", just like what our Main Character used to have... I do't know if i translated it correctly.. but oh well, feel free to edit...

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Started reading Volume 3 with the bipolar girl. What's her name again? Winter sea?

So, she has a boyfriend in university called, wait, what was it...Michael? :lol:
Kira0802

Return to “English”