Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru ?

It was good! Please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 539

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

This is the feed back thread for Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru at: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... aba_Sugiru

So, one fine day some months ago, I was walking in Kinokuniya, picking up something which only God remembers, and I saw this book on the light novel shelf. Well, I remembered reading somewhere that with just 2 volumes (and this serialization only started this year), it managed to sell over 100,000 copies (a holy shit number for just 2 volumes over a span of 4 months!). So, supposedly it's good. Looks like a lovecon to me, I thought to myself. Heck, I shall buy it anyway.

So, only a few days ago, I started reading.

So, today I did a teaser here (v1 ch0):
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _Chapter_0

Enjoy.

No information about the series?

Yeah, too lazy. Who cares about that when I'm a supervisor and a translator who can just put up the page?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

Post by hobogunner »

Lare, shouldn't you repost this with a poll of whether it should be translated or not?
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I forgot, since I'm not going to work on this anyway. But added anyway. And if someone is kind enough, make a project page, since I can't be bothered somehow. (There are still a pile of things I need to translate *ramble* *ramble*)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Oh, this, I remember seeing a manga released from the novel. Basically its about a guy being threatened to be a girl's boyfriend, only to have his childhood friend getting jealous, creating a lot of comedy?

Or did I get it wrong somewhere?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I haven't read the manga, but you're right about the basic setting. I haven't have time to finish the volume yet, but my curiosity as to how this will go is piqued already. The premise behind the protagonist's behavior is nothing spectacular but yet refreshing, meaning it's not really done before. There is actually an interesting draw to it, though I'm disciplined. When I finish it, perhaps I might understand why this title is so hot, and I might even do a review on it. Volume 3 was just released about a week ago. So I'm guessing the Chinese version will be out soon.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

larethian wrote:I haven't read the manga, but you're right about the basic setting. I haven't have time to finish the volume yet, but my curiosity as to how this will go is piqued already. The premise behind the protagonist's behavior is nothing spectacular but yet refreshing, meaning it's not really done before. There is actually an interesting draw to it, though I'm disciplined. When I finish it, perhaps I might understand why this title is so hot, and I might even do a review on it. Volume 3 was just released about a week ago. So I'm guessing the Chinese version will be out soon.
Well, I won't say the manga is great... Its hard for me to comment about the story, but judging from the characters, I find it hard to like the girlfriend, personally I like the childhood friend more, this may also be due to the fact that not too many chapters are out, barely covering much story. Furthermore, the childhood friend also reminds me of another girl from another novel series I very much enjoy.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I actually finished volume one a while ago. Ainsoph told be about the manga, and I read it. The girl reminds me of Suzutsuki for some reason...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Unfortunately for you, if you read this in Chinese, there are a substantial number of jokes that don't translate well, unless they also use references the way we do to explain word play jokes or references. Yes, Masuzu does seem similar to Suzutsuki based on the few episodes I watched of Mayo Chiki, but not totally the same.

Well, I'm almost done (taking a break now), and I find this novel to be Nichijouly boring at times, but somewhat entertaining at other times (more than the former). The jokes are a combination of word play + parody based + stupid situations (--> ^_^"). The structure of the novel is somewhat charming, with each chapter prepended by some information about the setting or characters which are sometimes presented in a funny way. And the short chapters make it easy to read. The saving grace for me, or rather, the part which I find somewhat refreshing is that the protag is akin to an anti-hero. Since
Spoiler! :
He is anti-romance and hates beautiful women. He is also pretty sharp. Though the only thing he is dense about is his childhood friend's feelings.
Furthermore, he is the straight man of the series, throwing tsukkomis left and right, especially at the two girls :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:Unfortunately for you, if you read this in Chinese, there are a substantial number of jokes that don't translate well, unless they also use references the way we do to explain word play jokes or references.
IN most of the cases, it's references that are added. However, I can still understand the plot even without.
larethian wrote:
Spoiler! :
He is anti-romance and hates beautiful women. He is also pretty sharp. Though the only thing he is dense about is his childhood friend's feelings.
Furthermore, he is the straight man of the series, throwing tsukkomis left and right, especially at the two girls :lol:
Spoiler! :
I know he is anti-romance, but I don't remember the part where he says he hates beautiful women though.
EDIT: I found the post where A-kun mentionned this:
ainsoph9 wrote:I get the feeling that his wife roped him in when she was more of a yankee than she is now, and he only stayed married with her on either a threat or for the sake of appearances. It might be something like this series.
Kira0802

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:
larethian wrote:Unfortunately for you, if you read this in Chinese, there are a substantial number of jokes that don't translate well, unless they also use references the way we do to explain word play jokes or references.
IN most of the cases, it's references that are added. However, I can still understand the plot even without.
larethian wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
I know he is anti-romance, but I don't remember the part where he says he hates beautiful women though.
EDIT: I found the post where A-kun mentionned this:
ainsoph9 wrote:I get the feeling that his wife roped him in when she was more of a yankee than she is now, and he only stayed married with her on either a threat or for the sake of appearances. It might be something like this series.
yeah you can understand the plot, but it's a lovecon, so it becomes bland without the jokes. :lol:

it's just one line, since I just read it some hours ago, I can remember it of course.
Spoiler! :
a part where he talks about his mom is also good looking and he concluded that beautiful women can't be trusted.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:
Spoiler! :
a part where he talks about his mom is also good looking and he concluded that beautiful women can't be trusted.
Oh, dang, I don't remember that. Maybe because it was inplicit?

Well,
Spoiler! :
he seems to really like money.
Kira0802

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

kira0802 wrote:Well,
Spoiler! :
he seems to really like money.
Seriously, was there a mistake in the translation? Because I didn't come across anything of that sort.
Volume 1 spoiler:
Spoiler! :
In fact, the reason why Keita wanted to become a doctor is to cure Chiwa's hip problem that prevented her from practicing Kendo. He's working hard to get the scholarship to get into one of the best medical colleges so that he doesn't burden his aunt any further with the tuition fees. So far the author has it made it difficult for me to choose which girl to ship for. Masuzu may appear badass wicked, but I have a feeling she will change (in fact already started towards the end) but somehow, Chiwa seems to be the main girl, and I'm afraid that Masuzu will draw the losing lot. :( And so far (at least for volume 1 for me), it has not been touched on what has made Masuzu "anti-romance" as well.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru at: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... aba_Sugiru
Please tell us what you think of it.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

larethian wrote:
Yeah, too lazy. Who cares about that when I'm a supervisor and a translator who can just put up the page?
*done* at last : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... aba_Sugiru

Have used the English wiki for that - so please correct any errors I may have made.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Been browsing the novel illustrations, I wish I didn't delete the raws, it was a mistake. :|
Spoiler! :
I'm thinking that probably later on Masuzu gets more serious about Eita. It's not like Chiwa gets the short end of the stick all the time.

And with that said, though, looks like we're not going to see only Chiwa and Masuzu duking it out to get Eita, if the novel illustrations prove me right. I haven't gone through the text to get the proper context behind these illustrations yet (or to be exact, what actually happens) yet, I'm too lazy for that for now...
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.

Return to “English”