Heavy Object

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading HEAVY OBJECT ?

It was good! Please do more!
93%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 550

Sancrea
Astral Realm

Re: Heavy Object

Post by Sancrea »

I don't know how about you folks, but the latest vol. made me think. What does their country/government really think about quenser and heivia, since they are the only soldiers who are known to be doing something to enemy objects. Yet apart from the first vol. reward ceremony, there is no mention of their accomplishments or recognition, let alone promotion or increase in salary or freedom. They are acting like it's normal for your typical soldier to blow up objects. And like someone earlier stated those objects are going down far to easily, in earlier vol. it looked like they were doing far more in order to bring them down.
imercenary
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by imercenary »

Sancrea wrote:I don't know how about you folks, but the latest vol. made me think. What does their country/government really think about quenser and heivia, since they are the only soldiers who are known to be doing something to enemy objects. Yet apart from the first vol. reward ceremony, there is no mention of their accomplishments or recognition, let alone promotion or increase in salary or freedom. They are acting like it's normal for your typical soldier to blow up objects. And like someone earlier stated those objects are going down far to easily, in earlier vol. it looked like they were doing far more in order to bring them down.
Thats about what you can expect from a military in a kingdom based on "legitimacy".

Heivia is pretty much dogcrap in the eyes of the military. A noble working as a radar analyst? UGH! "Get this shameless degenerate out of here!" - Nobles/High ranking officers

Quenser is worse than dogcrap. Hes not even in the military, hes a civilian from a COMMONER family!!! "I'm not even going to waste my time scowling at him!" - Nobles/High ranking officers

That said, I wouldn't overthink it. Kazuma Kamachi kinda screwed up the world building in the first few volumes and has been slightly changing it ever since. Whereas the first few volumes pretty much made it sound like war had turned into Object-vs-Object, later volumes have pretty much been about the fact that Objects are practically worthless outside of Object-vs-Object battles and infantry/tank/aircraft-based soldiers still rule the battlefield.
jomkingal
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Haruhi Suzumiya (Series)*(Dropped), Sword Art Online*(Dropped), Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Highschool DxD, Hyouka, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Date A Live, Campione, etc.

Post by jomkingal »

Just watched the Anime, really love Frolaytia-san~ <3 Gonna read the Light Novel next. Thank you so much for translating this~ <3
Currently Reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, High School DxD, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha.
Currently playing Majikoi! (series) *(at Chris Route), Dota 2.
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata(Hope to see this Light Novel here at Baka-Tsuki, <3 Kasumigaoka Utaha-senpai~)

I love Kawakami Momoyo~ <3
Runner
Astral Realm

Post by Runner »

Give how their treated honestly the issue is the author either hates the 2 chars or its a byproduct of his writing style. Which I'm told is he doesn't write one book at a time he worked on a bunch of them at once which fucks everything because he cant be to drastic with how they are handled reward wise since he would have to account for it by reediting later volumes. As he wrote more face it even if he they were hated not all the nobles can hate them more so those in direct power since it would be easy enough to arrange an accident in the field if those truely in power wanted them dead but again because he cant do rewards without it messing up later volumes he does what can work e.g. punishing them as is done since punishment bad situations can be over come easy and not have tomuch baring on later works.

Return to “English”