Heavy Object

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading HEAVY OBJECT ?

It was good! Please do more!
93%
It was interesting.
5%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 550

soranokira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Heavy Object: General

Post by soranokira »

Yeah really need more Baby Magnum pilot Elite and Information Alliance pilot Elite x Quenser development, it's really nice to read <3
aside from that though, I really must say that Quenser and Heivia really has sad lives. They keep getting into deep shit, xD
-origin-of-sins-
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Heavy Object

Post by -origin-of-sins- »

Great series. I've finished up to volume 5 ib less than a week
I'm really grateful to the translators and editors:D
Serania
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Serania »

there's a similarity in Kamachi-sensei work when it comes to MC (3-4? series that I know)
1. they're very popular with women (loli to lady, human to robot even ghost to god, from any age)
2. they're very dense (girls, you have to tell them straight in the face or they won't notice your feeling)
3. they're almost useless in daily life but when crisis or danger comes (particularly when saving someone, especially A WOMAN) they will become a different person
4. LUCKY Itsuki (the're practically immortal and every women who like or love? them all beautiful or sexyyyyy)
feel free to add what i don't cover

Back to heavy object, i feel simpatized for Heivia although he already have a fiancee, almost every women they met in a mission are like or love? quenser and heivia doesn't even have a chance at all. :D
Stingz
Astral Realm

Post by Stingz »

Quick notice but Volume 5's chapter titles aren't the same as the rest ... Is this deliberate or has just no one gotten around to editing it?

By the way. Great series. Would recommend this to anyone looking for an entertaining read.
Ehsan
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ehsan »

I beg your pardon my friends but is there or will there be an anime for this series?
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

One who wants to learn can learn something from everything.
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

Can't wait for complete volume woopie! Qwe gotta go get those ladies doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
a2eupload
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by a2eupload »

here is the my version of Heavy Object(V8) ...for those who can't wait for denormative so this is sort of substitute till he came back with his own
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1y4yr ... ct(V8).pdf
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

First of all, thank you for this great translation and all the work you have given into this.

Secondly I have a few questions. Am I the only one who has the feeling, that the author is giving the fights less and less thinking? I won´t even mention the godly coincidences, that always give them the chance to destroy the objects (OK, this is often the case in fiction), but there is for example this:
Volume 7 Ch 2
In fact, the bigger problem was the massive inertial Gs produced by the 50+ meter and 200 thousand ton mass travelling at 1200 kph. It was much more than the fighters of an older age. He would feel the desire to vomit, but the contents of his stomach were unable to reach his mouth. If it were not for his special suit and the thorough “modifications” to his physical body, he could never have withstood it.
I don´t really remember them telling anything about exceptional acceleration though. In the first place, they are also speaking about how hard it is for the pilot to survive while withstanding this speed, but it might be good idea to read some basic principles by Newton, which would show this is not the case.

Also the times are sometimes a bit strange.
Spoiler! :
For example in this afforementioned case he is able to:
receive the transmission that the fast objects is heading to engage Baby Magnum. Speed 1200 kp/h, initial distance less than 30 km (as 30 km was distance of their bases, yet the Baby Magnum went towards the other Object which should have cut it at least by 5 kilometers as else they would be fighting in immediate vicimity of the maintanance base), and there should have been also some lag between the object starting to heed there and him receiving the transmission, but lets say it was spent on acceleration. Therefore from this point on he should have at most 75 seconds (25km/1200kph)

They are watching the objects fight (lets suppose they are using some fast speaking as else their speaking alone would take at least 10 minutes) and the girl sends out a flare (lets ignore that the cutting-edge-sensors-having objects still haven´t noticed her) and her hand is blown away (again, lets ignore that the object has fired all of it´s 100 lasers and although it might have been trying to make it look not too much suspicious it should have efficietnyl turned an are of about 1 km or more into complete desert covered with silicon even if there used to be rain forest, yet she only lost her hand).

He is watching the ojects again and after some thoughts he decides to destroy the fast object and tells the Princess about it.

Then he estimates the route the Object will take and goes there. Digs up about 5-8 meters deep hole (with his hands only), places the explosives and the jacket on the bottom of aforementioned hole, stabs fuse into the explosives, and covers the hole with sand again.

Now he runs about 100-200 meters from the hole (he is not affected by the explosion nor the sand later) and in the rest of the time waitss for the object to arrive and just before that he detonates the explosives ( while of course confirming the timing with his eyes, though he should hardly see it).

Could anybody pleasse explain to me at least how did he make the hole in under 30 minutes? I know that it was a sand, but it should have been covered by a layer of silicon and considering that it affected the object it should have been quite thick.
And well, that is hardly the only suspicious points. The higher the volume number the easier the Objects go down. There was at least some credibility in the first volumes, but lately there are more and more things completely not thought-through. I kind of feel that at this pace once volume 15 or so arrives they will fire a rubber bullet against the main camera of an objects and it decides to self-destruct because of the great ball that it sees just before the impact into the camerra.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Just asking about the prologue of the latest volume, it's really ayami cherryblossom not ayami sakura?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

Rage_Ender wrote:Just asking about the prologue of the latest volume, it's really ayami cherryblossom not ayami sakura?
Yeah, it's actually Cherryblossom even in the light novel.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Oh... Seriously? Oh well I guess the author just want it to sound more western(?)
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Albireo
Astral Realm

Post by Albireo »

Hello everyone, does anyone know if there is or will be a Volume 9 of Heavy Object?
Galaxy7
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Galaxy7 »

Does the Afterword mean, that this series is now completed or not?
HighGuard
Astral Realm

Post by HighGuard »

Does any know if js06 has started to translate the latest volume?
nyuuu
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nyuuu »

Heavy object volume 10 is out :) tyvm
still waiting for the pdf :D

Return to “English”