Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 447

dim1
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Post by dim1 »

Well economics is more fun to watch with anime then it is to learn from a novel or a textbook, but the manga loses a little from the original.
So I want more.
Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

I think the most important thing with Maoyuu is how it changes your perspective in ways that can be used in real life. Just because the tactics used here only apply to medieval level technology and society doesn't mean we can't use real economics and ideas to make changes in the here and now.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Ways
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ways »

dim1 wrote:Well economics is more fun to watch with anime then it is to learn from a novel or a textbook, but the manga loses a little from the original.
So I want more.
as i said b4,there are two mangas.
"maoyuu maou yuusha-ouka no mono e" follows the original novel but the other one "maoyuu maou yuusha-'be mine hero' hero:i refuse" is a lil bit spined off but more awesomer then the original nyaa~
Astrea
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Astrea »

Rejoice! The second chapter is finally complete and up~
There is some change with the main page, I've separated the web version and novel version links now since the chapter lengths for the novel and web versions differ so greatly it will get confusing when chapter 5 or 6 comes out and has the same material as volume 20... (but i didn't want to remove other people's hard work and delete the web version completely, so this is my solution).

A note about continuing the translation: vermiliongrey has offered to translate the next chapters and I have agreed to work with him/her ^^.
Astrea
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Astrea »

Ways wrote: as i said b4,there are two mangas.
"maoyuu maou yuusha-ouka no mono e" follows the original novel but the other one "maoyuu maou yuusha-'be mine hero' hero:i refuse" is a lil bit spined off but more awesomer then the original nyaa~
I actually found "Maouyuu Maou Yuusha - "be mine hero" "I refuse"" to be fairly close to the novel, 'Ouka no mono e' only has the first few chapters scanlated.

There's actually more than 2 mangas:
There's "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha", "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "be mine hero" "I refuse"" and "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 'Ouka no mono e".
The closest is supposed to be Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and so far the furthest from the original is Ouka no mono e, my personal preference is 'Be mine Hero' 'I refuse'.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Misogi wrote:Interesting... anime announced.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... e-tv-anime
Voice actor is of the Code Geass and Spice and Wolf(lol similar themes?) fame, Jun Fukuyama. Waiting for this anime, I hope they make it good.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I don't know if the Drama CD's cast will be kept.

If it's the case, then this series will be compared to Spice and Wolf. Which isn't a good sign (look at .hack / SAO).

Another problem will be the way to attract watchers with its story.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

Well since my volume of Maoyuu maoyuusha got delivered yesterday (damn was this one cheap, 129 yen for the book and 250 yen for the post!), I'll be picking this series up soon.
Ways

Post by Ways »

Astrea wrote:
Ways wrote: as i said b4,there are two mangas.
I actually found "Maouyuu Maou Yuusha - "be mine hero" "I refuse"" to be fairly close to the novel, 'Ouka no mono e' only has the first few chapters scanlated.

There's actually more than 2 mangas:
There's "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha", "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "be mine hero" "I refuse"" and "Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 'Ouka no mono e".
The closest is supposed to be Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and so far the furthest from the original is Ouka no mono e, my personal preference is 'Be mine Hero' 'I refuse'.
there seems to be another manga that came out.Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Gaiden - Madoromi no Onna Mahou Tsukai and the character design seems the same in what i saw in the ANN page...well the first novel chapter and the ouka no mono e chapter seems the same while beMineHero didnt have a few parts nyaaa~nyaa~
well....just waiting for transes now
vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

Hey guys,

Astrea and I are looking for a proofreader to just quality check our work before we release the third chapter.

If you have 10 minute free, it would help us a lot! Please let me or Astrea know via PM.
Akuma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Akuma »

vermiliongrey wrote:Hey guys,

Astrea and I are looking for a proofreader to just quality check our work before we release the third chapter.

If you have 10 minute free, it would help us a lot! Please let me or Astrea know via PM.
You can release the chapter first, wiki is meant to be an open source so that people can proofread and edit it freely. That's also how it goes in B-T and probably(?) why it was made in this format.

Edit: Also, could you guys kindly register the chapters you're working on in the registration page? It' gets confusing otherwise not knowing if someone is actually on it or not.

Here's the registration page link for it: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page
(Also, kindly read the rules).
vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by vermiliongrey »

Akuma wrote: You can release the chapter first, wiki is meant to be an open source so that people can proofread and edit it freely. That's also how it goes in B-T and probably(?) why it was made in this format.

Edit: Also, could you guys kindly register the chapters you're working on in the registration page? It' gets confusing otherwise not knowing if someone is actually on it or not.

Here's the registration page link for it: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ation_Page
(Also, kindly read the rules).
Yo Akuma,

regards to crowd-sourcing the edits, I don't want to speak for Astrea, but I personally would like to maintain a standard of quality to our work. Crowd sourcing is not a model I'd like to adopt since it means those who read it initially will have a lesser experience. Of course, I'd have to discuss that with Astrea to get her opinions.

With regards to registering chapters, I intend to translate the entire novel regardless if it conflicts with another translator since A) I believe consistency in translation style is important for a high quality work. B) I'm translating for reasons other than output efficiency.

Of course, it would be pointless for me to register every single chapter and at the same time, I also don't want to make such a large commitment. If there is a conflict with chapters already registered/posted on Btsuki, I won't be touching the registered/posted version.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I am not sure if this project even has a dedicated editor...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I can't access this series' appreciation thread. :(

Return to “English”