Hyouka

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 571

manlyflower
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hyouka :3

Re: Hyouka

Post by manlyflower »

13thMuse wrote:Does anyone have any more information about the short stories? I'm particularly interested in "The Long Vacation." It was published in Shousetsu, Yasei Jidai #120. I'd really like to get my hands on a raw copy if at all possible. Thanks! :D
It's actually pretty interesting that you posted that today, considering he released the first part of a new Hyouka short-story in today's issue (first one since "Long Vacation") which I am currently translating.

As for issue 120, it's honestly pretty futile at this point. I have actually been searching for it for months now, and my best bet is to have my friend in a neighboring prefecture wait in a 2 month queue to borrow it from their local library. It's extremely hard to find, and I haven't found any uploaded raws to translate from.

The other short stories should already be translated and found on some other translation blog/site.
Whale Slippers
Astral Realm

Post by Whale Slippers »

Hey, I was extremely excited to see that Hyouka has been translated!

However, I have a question regarding Volume 4. It looked as if it was complete, however only the very beginning of Story 7 is translated. Is there anyone working on that? I won't be bothered if not, but it seems a little odd for seemingly everything else to be finished with that missing.

Either way, thanks for the hard work towards translating the series by everyone involved, I've been trying to find this for a while now!
computerandy9
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by computerandy9 »

If anyone is interested I made an epub for the recentley finished translation of the Hyouka Short Story - Even Though I'm Told I Now Have Wings...

Find it over here: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewt ... 23#p268123
computerandy9
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by computerandy9 »

Just finished reading through the latest short story. Really really enjoyed it. I finished it in one sitting because I simply couldn't put it down.
Thanks to Manlyflower and qhp it seemed to be really well translated and the text flowed well. Didn't spot many errors at all.

Only negative is the ending, a bit ambiguous... but oh well.
I bloody hope we get another full novel one day.
qhp
Astral Realm

Post by qhp »

Thanks for reading, Andy! I was the editor for this project.

If you (and this goes for anyone) notice any errors, however minor, please let me know! This was my first time editing an LN/short-story, so I'm sure I could use improvement. I won't be offended if you've got suggestions; I'll take them in stride :)
whissard
Astral Realm

Post by whissard »

Hello! I have been working on creating a PDF for the third volume of Hyouka, and I am wondering if there are any guidelines regarding how to format it. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here it goes! :D

Return to “English”