Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this novel translated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:15 am

Yes
91%
Not really (please give reason)
6%
No (Please give reason)
3%

Total votes: 32

chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chancs »

I really liked this novel n would like 2 see it translated here... :)

Author:Sazane Kei
Illustrator:Kasukabe Akira

Synopsis:
"Acknowledge moving to Eden magical sealing process, please connect the Sophia code" a girl was asked to put the barrier, and through her cheek there were tears sliding down. "Shelltis..can we able to meet again?" A world where humans are ruled by an existence called Yuugenshu. And only by The Priestess's prayer, the floating continent "Obia Craire" was the only place where humans can live. Yumi, the barrier priestess, was waiting for a boy that will protects her, her childhood friend Shelltis. As a heretic, he was expelled from the continent but before he was expelled he promised Yumi that he'll definitely come back to her side.

A girl who is personify by understanding the world and a boy who is rejected by it. A story of two conflicting feeling, and a multilayered world fantasy.
frm mangaupdates http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=69179

ImageImageImage

Raw available: Japanese

Translation status: V02 is translated at
Last edited by rock96 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected status of the translation.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden

Post by larethian »

I like the illustrations and this series is now active in my Kino.
But CEtranslations are already working on it and I don't like to do duplicate work.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

can't we have a joint work/venure or somthing like that with them?

PS: what does 'kino' mean ? :)
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

chancs wrote:can't we have a joint work/venure or somthing like that with them?

PS: what does 'kino' mean ? :)
we can talk about it when there's a potential dedicated translator
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Only CE is doing it...and I must say that their works are pretty good.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

yeah the CE translator(s maybe idk) seems pretty talented in both chinese and english
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

he's a Singaporean.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:he's a Singaporean.
HOw did you know?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kira0802 wrote:
larethian wrote:he's a Singaporean.
HOw did you know?
He probably has talked with him... ;) at their page: http://cetranslation.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ction.html
Spoiler! :
To bad that I couldnt leave a own comment there. I would have said something like that:
Hi - nice to see another translation page. Ah, and I dont think that it would be a problem to do both, to post your translation here and in the Baka-tsuki wiki, if you dont have a problem, that in a wiki nearly everyone can do edits. We have and had even before hosted projects in the wiki. I would even say, that nearly every project would be welcome, as long as it isnt licensed in the US, since there is the Baka-server located and a problem with a publisher could easily mean a severe end for Baka-tsuki.

Darklor
But their comment option isnt working for me as it seems. (If I try to comment I get a blank comment after I press one of the buttons)

Larethian have you asked him what he thinks about posting his projects also in the Baka-tsuki wiki?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
zgmfx09a
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zgmfx09a »

Hi guys, thanks for the encouraging replies here. Glad to see my work is being appreciated. I personally feel that my grasp of the English language is still pretty poor, but it seems like it is decent enough for you guys to read the translations comfortably. I still have lots to learn though.

As for working with translators from Baka Tsuki, I can honestly say that I am not too interested, because I prefer working alone and having full control of my work. I can foresee the difficulties in coordinating with another translator. That is the reason why I have started a blog instead of posting my works here.

Hyouketsu Kyoukai's popularity is much higher than I had anticipated, because I thought a majority of the people will get bored of it, as it is not filled with fights like SAO, Chrome Shelled Regios, and etc. If you guys are really interested in the universe of Hyouketsu Kyoukai, I suggest that you get someone to do Tasogare-iro, because that series is definitely linked to Hyouketsu Kyoukai.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

But I still need help for LOLH! :cry:

Though I understand your reasons. Baka-Tsuki is too FFA, which has its pros and cons. And it seems like you guys are quite dedicated, unlike some other sites that pull the plug after a few chapters. Google Search is already placing you guys on the first page for "Light Novel Translations". Hope you become a might force in the scene of LN translations.

We should brofist and link to each other. :lol:

@Kira, I know because I stalked/lurked his old blog previously, the one where he did LN reviews (it was mentioned somewhere there IIRC). Though I did communicate with Freedom on a few other things. I'm constantly hunting for potential candidates you know?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

@zgmfx09a

I fear the problem with other translators, who want to translate your projects wouldnt be so great as you assume, since we dont have really an overflow of translators here. Also you could register all the volumes you'll like to translate from the beginng, so that they should be at least safe for a year without any translation progress, before a new translator could even apply for a take over. And even that is rare. It could even be safer, since the projects would have a hosted tag.

Btw. Larethian what means FFA since I dont assume that it is one of those meanings : http://www.dict.cc/?s=ffa ?

Darklor

jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

free-for-all
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, k. Also I could post a comment just now at their page - with IE - *bah*

Darklor

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Darklor wrote:@zgmfx09a

I fear the problem with other translators, who want to translate your projects wouldnt be so great as you assume, since we dont have really an overflow of translators here. Also you could register all the volumes you'll like to translate from the beginng, so that they should be at least safe for a year without any translation progress, before a new translator could even apply for a take over. And even that is rare. It could even be safer, since the projects would have a hosted tag.

Btw. Larethian what means FFA since I dont assume that it is one of those meanings : http://www.dict.cc/?s=ffa ?
what he wants is ownership and total control.

Return to “English”