Kyou Kara Maou Series

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
96%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
4%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 68

stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kyou Kara Maou Series

Post by stellarroze »

Title: Kyou Kara Ma no Tsuku Jiyuugyou / 今日からマのつく自由業!
Author: Takabayashi Tomo
Illustrator: Matsumoto Temari

From MAL:
Yuri Shibuya was living a pretty normal life. That changed the day he was dunked into a toilet after an attempt to save a classmate from a gang of bullies. Instead of just getting a good soaking, he's pulled in. The next thing he knows, he's in a world that vaguely resembles medieval Europe. If that's not odd enough, he's told that he is to be the next Maoh, just because he has black hair and black eyes. The Maoh is the King of the Mazoku, who are coexisting not-so-peacefully with the humans in this world. Much to his subjects' dismay, he's totally different from the rulers they're accustomed to. He's kind, considerate, a believer in justice, and not willing to use violence to solve conflicts. Not exactly someone they want running a country on the very brink of war. Now, Yuri has to deal with trying to become a good Maoh, while at the same time attempting to adapt to this lands' customs and culture, all in a world where the tension between the humans and Mazoku is reaching its peak.

It has two anime series, a manga series and an OVA. I have no idea why it stopped though...
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kyou Kara Maou Series

Post by bleedingcarnation »

Maru-Ma series, I love it *-*

But well, Novel 10, Prologue:
Everyday I´ve got enough to eat and a place where to sleep, it´s simple, but nice. And at the end of the month I even get some money.

Merit in the battlefield will always be properly paid. But it is not just for the money, it is also the excitement, when I move incognito into enemy territory.
My heart trambles and then I feel alive. The greater the risk, the better.

My Land is important for me. It feeds me.

For my country I know no way that´s too long. I fight and face any oponent for it. About the reasons why I don´t believe in giving up. This is not just a soldier. They pay us to fight and we have to obey our superior´s orders.

“What exactly is patriotism, right?” I asked once to an officer whom I met after a long time.

“What if you are plotting a misión that is not paying off for you?”- he asked back.

“If that´s the case I would try to reject it” I said. “But if the order comes from you, Excellency, I will certainly not hesitate in performing it.”

Not to tell, that I already have used all the chances, to disguise myself as a woman under my country´s service. What should I do? It´s fantastic how I´ve looked like a woman not just once.
Well, I´m trying to translate chapter 1 too, but my english isn´t very good. So, I still hesitate about giving it a try or not. And by the way, I don´t know how to make a wikipage. :/

Translated german-english. Not literally.
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

bleedingcarnation wrote:Maru-Ma series, I love it *-*

But well, Novel 10, Prologue:
Everyday I´ve got enough to eat and a place where to sleep, it´s simple, but nice. And at the end of the month I even get some money.

Merit in the battlefield will always be properly paid. But it is not just for the money, it is also the excitement, when I move incognito into enemy territory.
My heart trambles and then I feel alive. The greater the risk, the better.

My Land is important for me. It feeds me.

For my country I know no way that´s too long. I fight and face any oponent for it. About the reasons why I don´t believe in giving up. This is not just a soldier. They pay us to fight and we have to obey our superior´s orders.

“What exactly is patriotism, right?” I asked once to an officer whom I met after a long time.

“What if you are plotting a misión that is not paying off for you?”- he asked back.

“If that´s the case I would try to reject it” I said. “But if the order comes from you, Excellency, I will certainly not hesitate in performing it.”

Not to tell, that I already have used all the chances, to disguise myself as a woman under my country´s service. What should I do? It´s fantastic how I´ve looked like a woman not just once.
Well, I´m trying to translate chapter 1 too, but my english isn´t very good. So, I still hesitate about giving it a try or not. And by the way, I don´t know how to make a wikipage. :/

Translated german-english. Not literally.
Awesome. :D Thanks for the teaser, I really love Kyou Kara Maou as well. I would try to help translating if I could find raws, but they don't seem to be anywhere. As for your English, it doesn't matter if it's very good, that's what the editors will help with. I can create the wiki page for Kyou Kara Maou I think...unless I need a higher-ups permission first.
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Oh, I know where to find raws, I´ll send you a PM =P But, do you speak japanese? chinese? german? :/

Anyway, I´ll translate chapter 1 after all^^ It would be great to start a kkm! project.
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

I got your PM and thank you so much for the links. Japanese is fine for me. :) I will PM the Supervisors so that the project gets approved. This is gonna be awesome :D .
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Yes, it´ s great :D I thought there would never be a KKM! project on baka tsuki :|

Which novel are you planning to translate?
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

I'm planning to translate volume 1 so that I can read along as well, if that's no problem.
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

well, there´s already some translations of novel 1 though. But anyway, I think that wouldn´t be a problem.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Oh jesus, is this the one with the Ho Yay relationship between the main character and that wolf dude?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Poke2201 wrote:Oh jesus, is this the one with the Ho Yay relationship between the main character and that wolf dude?
Yes, it is :D

Anyway, nothing really happens, it´s just fanservice.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

One of the few LN with a German translation.... ;) http://www.carlsen.de/web/manga/buch?tn=162007 - but too bad that this isnt really my taste.

Good luck with your project!
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
bleedingcarnation
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Darklor wrote:One of the few LN with a German translation.... ;) http://www.carlsen.de/web/manga/buch?tn=162007 - but too bad that this isnt really my taste.

Good luck with your project!
Thank you! :)
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

Sounds like a pretty generic "average kid gets sucked into an alternate world where he is awesome" with a touch of BL. Not really anything I would be interested in...
Now blogging at Nabe!!.
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

At least give it a try Zensunni before you say anything. :)
zensunni
Elite Haruhiist

Post by zensunni »

Just stating my reason for the "Not Really" vote, as the poll requests. If I waited to give it a try before voting what would the point of voting be? It doesn't sound like something I would enjoy so I voted that way... :)
Now blogging at Nabe!!.

Return to “English”