The Sword Queen and Branded Child

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Tsurugi no Joou to Rakuin no Ko" ?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 1169

handsfeet
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Sword Queen and Branded Child: General

Post by handsfeet »

Great series! Thanks for translating irbored!
Xersax
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Xersax »

Chris's brand 'activates' during a new moon, is this correct? Based on the first volume, from what I read through.

"How this is called being all right! Now is also not the crescent moon, why - what happened?"

The 'How this is ' I've noted already and will edit later.

Main focus is the 'crescent moon'. From the sentence it is implied that Chris's brand activates during a crescent moon instead of a new moon.

So the meaning could be : It's currently a crescent moon. Why is it activating?

Or to replace 'crescent moon' with 'new moon'. Thus: "Now is also not the new moon"

This is all based on the assumption that Chris's brand activates during a new moon
“A wet boy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss.”
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

That part is 新月 = new moon / crescent . So feel free to change it to new moon.
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

Volume 2
Chapter 2
But on this day, another person came with Galerius. They stopped in front of the white wooden door.
"I'm still like rest, we will have to wait." Galerius said to the person that accompanied him. They went into a spacious terrace close to the door.
This one has stumped me for awhile. This is just me assuming from my knowledge of chinese as well, "I would still like to rest"

Chapter 5
Her tone that suddenly became sullen, scared Chris. Because Chris could only see the profile of Minerva, her thoughts this time must be related with -- She wanted to say something, then stopped halfway, namely at the Weneralia Ceremony, the topic with the marriage of the Queen.

(--It's because of me, I reminded her of memories she wanted to forget...)

"That .. I'm sorry, I did not want to..."
It's a bit confusing after I've look through the entire chapter, because there were parts that used "--" in the narrative but at the same time all the character thoughts started with "--".
So the line I highlighted could either be part of the narrative, or it could be Chris's thoughts. I can't figure out which...

Edit: I've changed all the "--" used in the narrative and speech to another style of dash so that there isn't any confusion to the dashes used before the Character thoughts. Only the forementioned one is left, awaiting change.
“A wet boy has a deader, an assassin has a target, because assassins sometimes miss.”
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by lostotaku »

Ive been reading this part a few times Volume 1 chapter 5
would
"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her neck when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."
"What do you treat me as, a dog?!"

be better if changed to

"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her up when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."

the other change that pass though my mind was

"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her neck up when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."

to me while the first does makes sense my little changes seem to make it easier to read, anyway I don't have a wiki account nor any intent to create as any changes I could see would only be once in a blue moon

Just a passing thought
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

lostotaku wrote:Ive been reading this part a few times Volume 1 chapter 5
would
"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her neck when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."

be better if changed to

"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her up when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."

the other change that pass though my mind was

"Paola. Haven't I told you that you must tie up her neck up when you are handling Meena's wounds? She doesn't get hurt often, so she hates the medicinal odor."

to me while the first does makes sense my little changes seem to make it easier to read, anyway I don't have a wiki account nor any intent to create as any changes I could see would only be once in a blue moon

Just a passing thought
Tie up her up ; Tie up her neck up. Sorry but this just seem grammatically wrong. I'm guessing you meant: Tie her up ; Tie her neck up.

For the first one, it wouldn't empahize the treatment of Minerva as a dog (Being collared). Second one isn't so much different from the original.
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by lostotaku »

Xersax wrote:
Tie up her up ; Tie up her neck up. Sorry but this just seem grammatically wrong. I'm guessing you meant: Tie her up ; Tie her neck up.

For the first one, it wouldn't empahize the treatment of Minerva as a dog (Being collared). Second one isn't so much different from the original.
Whoops :oops: Yeah I mean tie her neck up

hmm I see, well whenever I run across that sentence it just seems off I wasn't sure if there was a way to make it read slightly better.
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
irbored
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by irbored »

I'm on hiatus due to exams.
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

irbored wrote:I'm on hiatus due to exams.
No problemo boss. All the best for the exams.
Xersax
Literature Club Member

Post by Xersax »

Finally got my hands on the Chinese versions as well.

So more edits would be coming over the couple of weeks. Would only start translating later chapters once I'm done with school in about 2 months time.
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Sword Queen and Branded Child

Post by God Ginrai »

I haven't seen any news about this for a while. Did irbored never come back from hiatus after his/her exams? I was really hoping to see more of this story get translated.

-God Ginrai
Shuiko
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka and High School DxD

Post by Shuiko »

I guess he's gone foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
dab5621
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD and most other harem LN's. Cause there funny . +(^_^)+

Post by dab5621 »

God Ginrai wrote:I haven't seen any news about this for a while. Did irbored never come back from hiatus after his/her exams? I was really hoping to see more of this story get translated.

-God Ginrai

Maybe with all the new series getting licensed there might be translators who might move to other novels maybe it might be this one, we can only pray.
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Someone translate this.
  • It's got action.
  • It's got a romance that spans beyond social status.
  • It's got a strong heroine.
  • It's got a "beauty and beast" setting.
  • It's got a tragic hero with a badass, but mysterious, power.
  • It's got two Princesses. Not one but two.
If these aren't good enough reasons then I don't know what are.
So someone please translate this.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
babapo741
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by babapo741 »

I'll just hope the translator is still alive and well somewhere because s/he disappeared without notice "?"

Return to “English”