WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see an english version of WHITE ALBUM2?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 174

AZxSunny1
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: WHITE ALBUM2 (visual novel)

Post by AZxSunny1 »

NaokiP wrote:WA2 is still stuck in exam hell together with me. I don't have the time to even do any proper editing, let alone check up on translators. Give it a couple weeks now, then expect a spike in activity until exams start again wwwww
Take your time!!!
Do well on your exams!! :D
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: VN project White Album 2

Post by NaokiP »

sverremunthe wrote:Is there any translations of the talk on the radio which isn't translated in the VN?
You mean Uehara's segments, like at the very beginning of CC? I suppose we could whip up some TL for those too and have them in the TL Note segment of the respective files in which they show up, there's no way to actually get them ingame. Luckily they aren't all that relevant to the story, but I'll see what we can do about it.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: White Album 2

Post by sverremunthe »

NaokiP wrote:
sverremunthe wrote:Is there any translations of the talk on the radio which isn't translated in the VN?
You mean Uehara's segments, like at the very beginning of CC? I suppose we could whip up some TL for those too and have them in the TL Note segment of the respective files in which they show up, there's no way to actually get them ingame. Luckily they aren't all that relevant to the story, but I'll see what we can do about it.
It's just so annoying having to sit and wait through these parts. You have some of it at the school festival too, where there's a lot of conversations going, but only Haruki's thoughts are translated.

Is there no way to get the translations for these parts shown on another part of the screen? I've seen it before, but that might be a VN that was translated by the game producer.
Sverre
jaypo90
Astral Realm

Post by jaypo90 »

Just dropping by again, glad to see you guys are still working on it. Just wanted to leave a positive note, thanks for all your hard work, really hope it comes through. And yes, you should absolutely focus on your exams haha, good luck to you all :)
ce1545
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ce1545 »

sverremunthe wrote:
NaokiP wrote:
It's just so annoying having to sit and wait through these parts. You have some of it at the school festival too, where there's a lot of conversations going, but only Haruki's thoughts are translated.

Is there no way to get the translations for these parts shown on another part of the screen? I've seen it before, but that might be a VN that was translated by the game producer.
Honestly, It would probably be possible to do it but who knows what kind of bugs in the game it may cause. It might be something that will happen after everything else is done. No promises though.
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

Translations of spoken-only lines have been added to the Translation Notes sections of files 1002, 1008, 2001, 2002 and 2010. Poke me here if there are any significant ones that we missed.
ce1545 wrote:It might be something that will happen after everything else is done. No promises though.
Yeah, it might happen one day, but don't hold your breath, really.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

There are a few grammatical errors and stuff, which one must expect, but for the first time I'm actually unable to get the meaning of a sentence, might it be that a kanji has been misinterpreted and not been caught in the check or is it my English that isn't good enough (English is my second language)?
Spoiler! :
CC 12/24 on the bridge after the restaurant visit.
That's only because I stole a march on her despite knowing how both of you felt...
March can, to my knowledge, only be one of two things, and some derived from those, the month and a type of parade, but here it seems to mean something else.
Sverre
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

It's not wrong per se - it's an idiomatic phrase. "To steal a march" means "to beat someone by achieving the same goal that they are striving for earlier", originating from old military and warfare. Although I suppose it could be too obscure an idiom, it's rarely used. Something to the effect of "beat her to the punch" could work just as well, and the meaning is more or less the same as in 抜け駆け in both cases. I'll fix it up when I get the time. Keep them coming.
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

Have gone through CC once more after having waited a few months for the translations to get progress and there's one thing I haven't noticed before. 12/31 there's an option where you can choose to go to the concert. I think I had that option available, but didn't use it, and now, no matter what I do, I can't seem to unlock it anymore. Anyone know how to unlock it? I have all the CG's and have obviously done all the routes, but retracing what I did isn't easy since I didn't save all the options.
Sverre
NaokiP
Mikuru's Master

Post by NaokiP »

sverremunthe wrote:Have gone through CC once more after having waited a few months for the translations to get progress and there's one thing I haven't noticed before. 12/31 there's an option where you can choose to go to the concert. I think I had that option available, but didn't use it, and now, no matter what I do, I can't seem to unlock it anymore. Anyone know how to unlock it? I have all the CG's and have obviously done all the routes, but retracing what I did isn't easy since I didn't save all the options.
It's impossible, a fake choice that never opens up
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

I remember I had some problems with the last 2 choices in Coda as well. One of the choices would never open, no matter what route I followed, so I actually had to use a walkthrough to find how to open it. I also know that certain parts won't open unless you have played your way through a story, like IC after the school festival, and Coda in the start. So I was hoping there were something like that. To have a fake choice sounds to silly for me. Has anyone actually gone through each and every possibility in CC? There are a possibility of 17 options (although I could swear I once saw 3 options on the 25'th, one before he left the hotel room), but not all of them will be available, which will give around 100-132,000 routes, so to do them all seems just impossible.
Sverre
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

sverremunthe wrote:I remember I had some problems with the last 2 choices in Coda as well. One of the choices would never open, no matter what route I followed, so I actually had to use a walkthrough to find how to open it. I also know that certain parts won't open unless you have played your way through a story, like IC after the school festival, and Coda in the start. So I was hoping there were something like that. To have a fake choice sounds to silly for me. Has anyone actually gone through each and every possibility in CC? There are a possibility of 17 options (although I could swear I once saw 3 options on the 25'th, one before he left the hotel room), but not all of them will be available, which will give around 100-132,000 routes, so to do them all seems just impossible.
Found a Japanese site that says the same thing. A dummy question.
I guess it would have been kind of strange if he actually met Kazusa in CC, but I thought it might have been something that kept Kazusa from coming and that HE would be the one with an empty chair next to him. :)
Sverre
kingdomcome
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kingdomcome »

Thanks for the updates guys. Keep at it! I will wait patiently, but not too patiently :twisted:
kingdomcome
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kingdomcome »

Actually I have a question. Are you guys using the assistance of machine translation for the closing chapter :?:
sverremunthe
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by sverremunthe »

Not to my knoweledge, and I don't think that's a thing they want either. Start learning Japanese as I do. ;)
Sverre

Return to “English”