Tsukumodo Antique Shop

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Tsukumodo Antique Shop?

It was good! Please do more!
98%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 122

EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tsukumodo Antique Shop: General

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

sicklestone wrote:Great, hopefully after HakoMari 6 "no pressure"

and out of topic is Dantalian no Shoka dropped? :(

Really happy to see any of your translations. Thank you and congratulation on your tenth volume.
Akirina has recently picked up Dantalian but seems to be absent at the moment. Personally, I won't continue Dantalian because frankly, I consider it a waste of time due to the lack of a conclusion. Lose ends all over the place. ;)

Also, thx~
StriderXB
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by StriderXB »

Thank you Eusth for translating this wonderful novel. Every chapter is very interesting and obviously worth reading. In my opinion light novels you translated are easily the best ones available here. My goal is simple - to read every one of them :D. /bows (sorry for derpy english)
Known as Otoshigami on baka-tsuki (wiki)
アリーセ「インターネットは大事なことを何でも教えてくれる」
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

StriderXB wrote:Thank you Eusth for translating this wonderful novel. Every chapter is very interesting and obviously worth reading. In my opinion light novels you translated are easily the best ones available here. My goal is simple - to read every one of them :D. /bows (sorry for derpy english)
Delighted to hear that, of course. :D

Also at everyone: What do you think works better for thoughts? In Tsukumodo, I used brackets () to denote them, but I'm starting to get inclined to using italics, so I might change them in the near future.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

In many books that I read the thoughts were written in italics. Maybe just make a notice somewhere that texts in italic are thought, for those who aren't used to it.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Simon wrote:In many books that I read the thoughts were written in italics. Maybe just make a notice somewhere that texts in italic are thought, for those who aren't used to it.
Yeah, that's what I noticed when reading a few English books. As far as I know, some of our projects are using italics, too.
Cloah
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cloah »

Just wanted to mention that this series has been I have _really_ been enjoying.

Thanks so much for your work on it EusthEnoptEron! I would send you a pizza if I could! ^^
"It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between."

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

As there's not been much progress on this, I'm going to try translating 'Chest'. Since I don't actually know Japanese, accuracy might be a problem. If anyone wants to do some sort of translating checking, I can give you the link to the google document. At my current rate, I'll be doing about 10 pages a week. There's 72 pages for this story.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

memetichazard wrote:As there's not been much progress on this, I'm going to try translating 'Chest'. Since I don't actually know Japanese, accuracy might be a problem. If anyone wants to do some sort of translating checking, I can give you the link to the google document. At my current rate, I'll be doing about 10 pages a week. There's 72 pages for this story.
I can take a look at it if you want. By not knowing Japanese, do you mean that you're inexperienced or that you are going to use machine translations? I don't mind either way as long as you can reach a certain level of accuracy, but in the latter case, just keep in mind that it might be a waste of time, since you could use that time to actually learn the language. (I've made just that mistake ;) )

At any rate, Im grateful for any help for the project.

On a related note, the third chapter is about half done. Just need to get a grip and finish that thing off. (and hakomari is still waiting for a check. :O)
memetichazard
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by memetichazard »

It''s pretty much machine translation. I'm using JParser/Mecab with Translation Aggregator to break down the sentences into components, after which point it displays dictionary lookups for each portion. After that I do a little bit of research on portions I can't comprehend, although it doesn't always work out. For instance, with 蝶番を支点 the dictionary tells me that the first two kanji make up 'hinge' while the last two make up 'fulcrum'. But given the context of the sentences and the image of the chest, it feels like it's referring to the latch on the chest instead.
hamdesal
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hamdesal »

thanks for the translation hope youll continue translating till the end :D
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

memetichazard wrote:It''s pretty much machine translation. I'm using JParser/Mecab with Translation Aggregator to break down the sentences into components, after which point it displays dictionary lookups for each portion. After that I do a little bit of research on portions I can't comprehend, although it doesn't always work out. For instance, with 蝶番を支点 the dictionary tells me that the first two kanji make up 'hinge' while the last two make up 'fulcrum'. But given the context of the sentences and the image of the chest, it feels like it's referring to the latch on the chest instead.
Are you still working on it? If so, can you send me the link to the Google document? I noticed that the last chapter has some references to the first one, so I'd be doing some translation checking as I go on with the last chapter. Btw. afaik, there's also a Chinese translation that you could use to check against (since you seem to know some Chinese judging from your Wiki profile).
layfon1990
Astral Realm

Post by layfon1990 »

please translate more!!!
momoka1607
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by momoka1607 »

The story is so great. I'm always into mystery novels.
I can't find raw of this novel anywhere. So your release is my only hope. Ganbatte <3
Will you translate the first two chapters of vol 3?
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

momoka1607 wrote:The story is so great. I'm always into mystery novels.
I can't find raw of this novel anywhere. So your release is my only hope. Ganbatte <3
Will you translate the first two chapters of vol 3?
Glad to hear that.

I'll most likely do the other two chapters as well, yes, but I'm still waiting for memetichazard in case he wants to do the first chapter after all. Can't promise anything, though, since my motivation is anything but stable right now. (I'm still hoping to finish the series someday—especially because there's a nice finale—but if I think of the literally several hundreds of hours it's going to take... :O )
tsuzuki
Mikuru's Master

Post by tsuzuki »

Thank you for translating this novel. I like it very much and your translation as well. I'm at my first step in japanese, actually I'm studing it since few time in a private class so we are still stuck to the grammar part. I've tried to translate both novel and manga ( manga are little easier but the "real life language" is really hard to understand... :shock: ). I'm wondering: how difficult is the japanese in this novel? In the one I've read (or at least in the first chapter of Kyou kara maoh) it was not so difficult if you have time and patience ( and a string will :) )

Return to “English”