Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou

Para lamang ito sa diskusyon...oh right, English.
This is for English discussions, visit the Archive to see old stuff

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 63

kobester11
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou

Post by kobester11 »

This was so interesting T.T
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Agreed. It was so interesting that I was expecting someone would be interested with this.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

If this Project is Abandoned, can I pick it up? According to this page Lucifier Jantork reserved till chapter 3 so should i start from chapter 4 or I am allowed to resume the TL from Chapter 2?
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

anime189 wrote:If this Project is Abandoned, can I pick it up? According to this page Lucifier Jantork reserved till chapter 3 so should i start from chapter 4 or I am allowed to resume the TL from Chapter 2?
Seeing as he registered those chapters and was last active about 2 years ago, I'd honestly say you could feel free to finish up or even redo chapter 1 since Lucifer didn't get far to begin with.

Though the guidelines state you could also just make a "preview" link next to it with your version. Madan no Ou has done the preview thing, for example.
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Want to Restart the Game Sensou

Post by anime189 »

Hello Admins, my name is AKS, I want to post my groups work on B-T but as I don't know the correct format of how to basically start so we were stranded.
The project we were working on was Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou which is a Teaser Project started by Lucifier Jantork in August 2012, It's been a while since then and he went all MIA and stuff, so I even end up doing the chapters he reserved in the Volume 1 (Chapter 2,3 and 4). Right now the status of Translation of the Volume 1 is done and it's just in the final phase of Cleaning the Illustrations and stuff. :?
So Can you please explain the details and stuff to me, as I am a little outdated in these areas. :(
The name of my Group is Kami Translation and we'll be doing all the Volumes of the Game Sensou as well. or so I think unless one of my members dies on me (JK)

I will be really happy if someone from the staff guide me...... though :D
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Want to Restart the Game Sensou

Post by Cthaeh »

anime189 wrote:So Can you please explain the details and stuff to me
Relevant guides can be found here:
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... onventions
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... utor_Rules

The answers depend on whether you're going to upload the text to the wiki, or just add links to your blog. If it's just add links, then that's pretty simple, you add links (ie "[BT link] (also by [your link])", or just your link if there is no BT chapter). If you plan to add the text to the wiki, then it's pretty much the same as any other translation, and the information should be in the pages linked above (ie add your name the registration page). Which one do is up to you; one advantage of uploading the text is then it's accessible through the couple of apps or websites that allow access to BT's text or epub generation.

If you are uploading text (this paragraph isn't relevant if you're just adding links) and you want to take over Lucifer's registration, or overwrite his current translations, then the guidelines are a little less specific. For taking over registration, you're supposed to ask on his talk page and wait two weeks for a response, though given it's been over a year, you're probably pretty safe. I don't think there are specific guidelines for overwriting the current translation, but it should be acceptable as long as it's of comparable quality or better, and it's reasonable here to make the translation consistent for the entirety of volume 1.
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Thanks for the answer Cthaeh. Now I can make sure that I don't break the rules. Will hurry with my preparations to do something now. :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ask here should you need help with the wiki.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Sorry for taking it long, but as I was not satisfied with TLC, I and my mate altered the whole thing like 5 times, to make it sound good enough...... :lol:

For now I have decided to this project as an external contributor, so if possible can you tell me how should post the links at the page, as I already completed and posted the novel at my site...... :?

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

anime189 wrote:For now I have decided to this project as an external contributor, so if possible can you tell me how should post the links at the page, as I already completed and posted the novel at my site...... :?
There are no strict rules for how the links need be formatted. In cases where yours is the only translation, the external link can be the "main" chapter link. Where there is already a BT translation, I like the convention "(Also by ...)." See Oreimo volumes 1 and 2 for an example of those two cases. Though I don't personally think the explicit "Chapter X (External Link)" is necessary in volume 2 (a normal "Chapter X" or "Chapter X:chapter name" should suffice), whatever looks good to you is probably fine.
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

Thanks a bunch again Cthaeh-san!! "Hoping for I won't mess it up in my first try...... :D "
anime189
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by anime189 »

I request the seniors to please check whether I made any mistakes or not, and if not found any, then to please transfer the project from the Teaser. :)

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ame_Sensou

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

anime189 wrote:I request the seniors to please check whether I made any mistakes or not, and if not found any, then to please transfer the project from the Teaser. :)
See here for the technically correct way to get full project upgrades, the most useful thing there is probably the "recommended" drop a note on the admin contact page (note: if/when you add the pending category, I suggest also leaving the teaser category). It might take a little while, but if it takes too long I might redefine myself (editors) as counting towards "administration" and do it myself.
Umini
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Umini »

Thank you so much for translating this, anime189, this novel is awesome and I really like Tendou's personality on the battlefield XD Have a nice day :D

Return to “English”